The Infected Horde

Chapter 6 - $200

We reached the doors to the garage next to the building, all we encountered was screaming, and blood across the walls. It was pretty simple, no worries...I guess it wasn't as bad as exaggerated. She grabbed the handle, I got a short of breath as she grabbed it. She pushed it open. My eyes blurred, and reset themselves. The garage, was pitch black. "I. Grabbed a flashlight, one second Fox." I reached into my back pocket and attacked the flash light to my gun. She looked back.

"When did you get attachments for your gun? And why didn't you tell me?" She stood up straight and glared at me, with a pissed off look.

I stood up straight following suit. "I bought them the other week, you know. From the hunting store in the mall."

She continued staring. "They sold flashlight attachments for a freaking Browning Hi-Power?"

I chuckled, realizing the odd factor and reality of what she said. "Hm, actually I don't think it was built for my gun, just I was able to attach it to my gun." A slow moan off in the distance.

"So you're saying, that the Hunting Store in the mall, sells attachments for handguns?" Another moan filled the air, but we continued arguing.

"I would guess so, I mean...I do have a ****ing attachment don't I?" I started getting irritated with this petty fight. Another moan now louder than the last two.

"But what ****ing HUNTING store would sell for a HANDGUN meant for just stopping people?" Her face became red, I could see she wasn't getting the answer she wanted. I stood there thinking of a witty comeback.

"A pretty odd one?" Wow. Not witty whatsoever. **** it, why do I try to be witty? A sudden bang came from the door, as an infected man walked out. Fox hit the ground from being startled. "****!" I aimed the gun for his skull "Die you son of a bitch." I fired, the bullet hit him a bit above the right eyebrow, blood now exiting from the front side and back.

"oh! And now your ****ing gun can go right through a ****ing skull, and out the other side." I reached down and pulled her up. "Yeah that's not an ordinary pistol, what the **** did you do with it?"

I stared at my gun, "I did some tune ups. It cost me about $200 for the tune ups alone..."

"Thanks, $200 of vodka, gone!" I laughed as I wiped the dirt off her ass. "OH! And now you're trying to cop a feel?" She checked her gun for dirt, seeing it was clean she steadied her self. I flicked the light on. It now lighting the once dark garage. I could see the trails of blood across the cement. The cars all have splatters of blood across them. "I swear to god my car better not have ANY blood on it or someone is going to pay." I chuckled again.

We took a step in, the smell of death poisoned the air. The whole mood now darkened, I trailed the light around. No one was around, thank god. We continued on. "What floor are we on Fox? The third?"

She nodded "MY car is on the bottom floor." I looked over, angered. The bottom ****ing floor? Why didn't we just go all the way through the staircase? That would have been so much easier, and a lot less dangerous...****. No Choice now, gotta keep on moving.

Constantly listening out I aimed the flash light around, the whole third floor, being empty. We walked down to the second. I whispered over to Fox "Where is the way out of this floor?" I aimed the flashlight at her, and she shrugged, we kept walking. Small amounts of moans, and still amounts of screaming filled the air. I now heard a car not to far away speed down the road outside. Outside...I can't wait to get out of this goddamn garage.

We approached what seemed to be the ramp downstairs, and walked down. The light getting brighter from the sunlight outside, and alongside the lights brightening the moaning grew louder. I aimed the light at where I believed the sound was coming from, this is it. Fox whispered over to me "My car is right over there," she reached into her pocket and unlocked the car, the lights now showing what was over by it. Twelve men, infected or not, surrounded it, now grabbing at the lights.

"What the ****!" She was extremely pissed. "My ****ing car out of the whole goddamn garage HAS to be ****ing surrounded by a bunch of piece of **** ****ing things!?" Her voice now attracting the moans, I could hear a few getting closer, swinging the gun and light around I could see a few them now trailing toward us, moaning and various words filled the air. "Feed....me....Devour....eat....hunger"

"Fox, we need to go, my car is at the repair shop, about ten minutes away. We can get my car, and go." I pushed her away from the things and heard her muffle some of the vulgar words. We finally got to see the light of day, outside the garage, I now looked up to our window, and saw blood streaks across the window. We closed the door didn't we? Could Matt still be standing? No. He's dead, I shot him, heart and head.

I looked around, there were scattered fires across the street. I also noticed the amount of blood, body parts, and dead bodies. "Let's move Fox, the quicker the better." We began running down the street, to be stopped by some survivors.

"Save us! They bit me, and, and I have no where to go...I need food, please. Feed....me...."

I turned to Fox "They are going to become one of them. Let's go." We kept running down, the streets were relatively empty still, but the bodies still laid amongst the ground, along side the large amounts of blood. "we are here."

I kicked open the door, the Garage still bright with lights, I could hear moaning in the building, I looked to Fox "Listen you go get the door open, I will go get the car." She nodded and I ran into the room, gun aiming down, as to not waste ammo and miss my target in fright. I got to the car, and fumbled through my keys, and opened the door, I could hear the garage open, I drove up to her. She looked in "Move over, I am driving."

OKAY! Anyone interested in taking apart of this story, please feel free to ask. The application to join is basic, and easy to answer

Name: I'd Prefer a realistic name, to a nickname. If you MUST have a nickname, make it a normal one.

Favorite BLUNT Weapon: This will be your primary weapon throughout the majority of the story, typically average items such as baseball bats, metal poles, and guitars and such.

Favorite Overall Weapon: This one is around the lines of a gun, if you can, I would like a specific model, and type. Or it can be another blunt.

Basic Physical Appearance: Tall? Blonde? Buff? Basic, please.

Mental Attributes: Psycho? Calm? Drunk? Thank you very much!

Please PM me, I would REALLY APPRECIATE female responses, as so far, i have only one girl in the whole story, Foxx. And I am pretty sure she is getting lonely :D

So please and thank you!!!

Chapter 7 - Peter

We drove out of the garage, Foxx keeping full attention to the outdoors. She swerved past the fires, destroyed cars, dead bodies, and any other large or dangerous object. She constantly switched gears, and readjusting her seating.

"You need a new car. A nice one." I looked over, amazed at the calm words leaving her mouth. How can she so plainly speak with such a tone? She should be panicked!

"What are you talking about? I mean is this the best time to talk about this stuff?" She kept her eyes on the road, but I could tell she was thinking over her answer.

"Well obviously. But I mean, this car sucks. Not to mention it really..." a loud thud interrupting her answer. I looked back and noticed a body laying on the road. "You're right, we'll talk later." I spent this time to look around outisde...

If only I could describe the pain in my surroundings. Buildings painted in black, the sky a pure canvas of red. Amongst the black buildings white covered areas of pain, windows white, sidewalks, with blotches of white. I could only think of the people I knew...and cared for, I need to know if the rest of my family is okay. What about my friends? Did they make it? Are we going to make it?

That's when I worried. Will we make it? Or will we end up the way as all the others we have passed by? Where are we even headed? What's happening? "Fox, where are we going right now?"

She looked over, and looked back, shaking her head, as to get the hair out of her face. "My firing range, it's safe, there's a supermarket right next door, and we have weapons from **** people have left behind or were confiscated, not to mention, it's a firing range. We have ammunition." She seemed to know what she was talking about, I left my life in her hands, and driving. I looked back outside, noticing we were on the palisades bridge. I looked over the Hudson, seeing a still blue sea...the innocence of this all is in the waters.

I thought of some more the people I had to leave behind...Justin, and Sarah. Justin, I know he can hold up well for himself, I remember one time, he was dating this one girl, and started screwing around with another, and was able to get out of it, still dating the first one. Sarah...she was always a bit screwy...I can't say she'd be doing well in this scenario...

The car stopped in front of a blocked off/barricaded building. I looked around, many dead corpses littered the grounds, alongside empty shells, and bullet cartridges. Fox looked over to me, and just said quietly "We're here, but it seems someone else got here before us..." I looked around, just blood flooded the parking lot, the smell was unbearable. "We might as well go in, maybe the survivor is still in there."

We exited the car, both holding our guns to our sides, aiming up. We didn't want to have any misfire. We reached the door, locked from the inside, I looked over to Foxx, now reaching into her pocket. "I've got they key, one minute." She fiddled in her back pack, grabbing the key, and inserting it, "get ready to fire." She kicked open the door, to a perfectly clean building, with one man now aiming a rifle directly at us. A click now shattering our ears.

"I will kill you, if you do not breathe true life." He now leaned his head into the scope. "You have just to reply, in a easy sentence, I will believe you are alive." Both Foxx and I were scared I gulped down my fear. "We are just coming here for safety, Foxx, here, is the owner." I looked over to Foxx, and nudged her. "Yes, I am the owner" The man now lowered the gun.

"Close the door, lock it, and don't get in my way." Fox turned around mumbling curse words and locked the door. I looked around the perfectly clean building, was there none of those things in here? Is that even possible? "You own this place hm? You need a better security. There was a door in back that was unlocked." The man now walked to behind the counter and sat in the chair, put his feet on the desk and leaned back. He reached down, and lit up a cigarette.

I looked at him. "Mind if I ask your name?" He looked back and then looked away, staring at the ceiling, "Names Peter. Nothing more, nothing less. No more questions, i'd rather not speak with you." I looked away, what a bitter asshole.

I muttered to Fox. "Where's the ammo stored?" She walked with direction, so I followed behind her. WE walked in back, the back room dark. She turned the lights on, to see the back room littered with dead. The stench from outside, filling our minds back up, intoxicated we grabbed the ammo we needed, and left quickly.

Fox looked over to Peter, "You did close the back door right?"

Peter scoffed and took another puff of his cigarette, "More than that, I rebuilt it, not amazingly, but at the moment, it will last 100's of those monsters."

"Why did you rebuild it?"

Peter looked over and grinned "The door wasn't sturdy, I destroyed it, gathered some spare supplies, and built it a bit sturdier."

Fox walked away pissed and sat down on the couch in the lobby, she immediately turned the television on, to find all the channels were empty..."What the ****?"

"It's been like that for an hour, the noise irritated me, so I shut it off. So please, shut if the **** off." Fox then turned it off, and began reloading her gun, and took out another of the same model out of her pants.

"How long did you have that?" I looked at her, now loading the second gun.

"There was in back, I prefer to have a back up" She now cleaned out her gun.

I sighed and sat down next to her, and started loading up my gun, and filled up some extra cartridges. Banging now interrupting the silence. Peter stood up, disturbed, and slightly pissed, he then ran over to the main door, and looked out the window. "They are back...there's more this time...." He promptly ran back to his desk, grabbed a long black, what seemed to be casing, and attached it to his belt, and put the rifle strap around his shoulder. "They followed you two"

AH HA! So for english I have to write a short story!! 2-3 pages long, and a HORROR THEME since Halloween is coming up. So instead of just half assing it, and handing him in one/two of these chapters, I am going to write a short story and base it off this "Realm"

So i need a vote, should it be a short story based off

A Zombie's Life in The Infected Horde?

or

A Random Character in The Infected Horde (Not to be featured in the actual story plot)

Chapter 8 - Out of Here, Now

Fear struck me. I didn't know how to react. I stood up and grabbed my gun, my first assumption was run. I studied the others around me, Peter now climbing around behind the counter, Foxx finishing up her weapons, and prepared to fight. I knew now we weren't running. We were staying, and fighting. I have no problem with this. I checked my gun, my hand was now numb. "Peter, where do you want us?"

Peter now stopped fussing. He seemed to be dragged into deep thought. He looked to the back room. "Foxx stay here, you're more useful as a shooter up here. You, Jon. Get in the back room, make sure that nothing suspicious goes on back there." He went back to fussing. Foxx looked over at him, somewhat confused.

I walked over to Foxx, and whispered "I don't know if we can trust him, but he seems to know what he is doing, he is definately our best bet. Worst case scenario, we run and leave him." I continued to the back room. Flipped on the light switch and saw the make shift doorway. It was a group of planks modeled into a door. Supported by metal bars, which appeared to be from the shooting targets supports.

A large clutter and a much louder bang than before disrupted my extensive though of what was going on. I heard Peter up front. "****, Foxx take out this initial small group. Trust me, they begin slow." Gun fire covered over the banging. "Jon, are things okay back there?" I heard Peter yell. I looked to the doorway, a hole in the door with a hand coming through warned me of the answer. No.

"I am fine for now Peter." I didn't want to waste ammo on such a pointless defense, but if that arm stayed there, it would definately lead to more of the overall door being destroyed. I fussed seeing the door start to bend lightly. The gun fire in the front room was destroying my train of thought. I ran over, and closed the door. The gun fire was a bit quieter, and I continued back to my placement, the arm had now a bigger hole and was reaching out farther. I looked farther to the right.

A second arm now reaching in, that of a small child. My heart stopped. The thought of a little kid being one of those thing shattered my mind. The wood now bending excessively, I came back to pace. If I stop the arm from reaching in, I could prevent the wood breaking earlier. I looked around the room, anything that could destroy the arm, anything. I pushed a few boxes to the side. I found a large hunting knife.

I ran over to the door. My heart stopped, and without second guessing. Thwack! I look down to see blood pour out on the floor, and the arm laying there. I heard stumbling outside the door, though the hole I looked out to the monster i damaged. He was standing, with slight motion looking at his arm. His eyes turned violently red. and he looked back at the door.

The next moment I find myself laying against the back wall, the infected now pouring in through the door. I aim up, the one without the arm coming to me gradually faster than the others. I aimed up and waited for him to get close. I fired and felt the vibration of his body hit the ground. I looked at the other zombies some stopping and viewing this sight, the front one now coming at me, at the same speed as the one i just shot. I stood up and ran to the door and fired at him and two behind him.

Out of the three bullets fired, one hit the front man in the head, the other two knicking the face of the infected. I have fired four of thirteen. I now aimed with confidence at the others, noticing they became more eager with every shot. Bang, hit. Bang, miss. Bang, miss. Bang, hit. Bang, miss. I rethought the number nine of thirteen. Five infected left, with four shots. I needed to kill two infected with one bullet. I fired twice at the still standing. Both luckily hitting. Three left, two bullets.

Maybe instead of a bullet, what about trying a blunt object....I looked at the still closed doors, I fired twice at the two still standing infected, hitting both. I saw the last one come at me. I opened the door almost as a shield as he hit it, I pushed him back by swinging the door shut. Two bullets went off. I stepped out from behind the door.

"Have any trouble back there?" asked Foxx, covered in blood.

I sighed and looked down, noticing my clothes also covered in blood. "Not really, but I do think I learned a few things. The main problem, we need to get out of here, now."

AH HA! So for english I have to write a short story!! 2-3 pages long, and a HORROR THEME since Halloween is coming up. So instead of just half assing it, and handing him in one/two of these chapters, I am going to write a short story and base it off this "Realm"

So i need a vote, should it be a short story based off

A Zombie's Life in The Infected Horde?

or

A Random Character in The Infected Horde (Not to be featured in the actual story plot)
A zombie's life, definitely. No one ever writes about them :D

I'm about to PM you, BTW.

I like it. But because I'm naturally biased when it comes to preferred usage of person, I don't like the use of first person theme being consisted throughout the story. But other than that, again, that's my natural biased opinion talking there, not a constructive comment, but I do like the flow of it and the horror theme. Kudos. And sorry it took me so long to reply, I was occupied. =p

Back