The New Off Topic Forum

GF said:
It encompasses converting from php/mysql to asp.net/mssql and then turning it over to the graphics designer to put a nice gui in front of it. Once that is done I'll focus my time to get this place updated to web 2.0 standards with a bunch of new features.

That went right over my head.

GF said:
Back on topic. The update is being postponed for a bit. I have another project that I have to have complete. It encompasses converting from php/mysql to asp.net/mssql and then turning it over to the graphics designer to put a nice gui in front of it. Once that is done I'll focus my time to get this place updated to web 2.0 standards with a bunch of new features.

Sounds good.

OK So anyways, now that the new board is up and running. I want to discuss how I and Bob had agreed the board should move forward..

GF into the future, should be looked at, as not only a community clique forum, but an "EXCLUSIVE CONTENT" forum.

The best of Blogging, BBS boards, chat rooms, instant messages, MY SPACE type member pages, and Youtube media all wrapped up into a package for EXCLUSIVE members only. Ran by the exclusive members.

Free to look and comment by anybody in the world, yet membership has it's privileges.

The initial plan is to hand over limited MOD powers to Premium members, and yet have these same options available for non subscribers.

I'm not sure how Bob planned to approach it, but I have thought it over a bit and came up with the following :

Super Moderators group (Myself, Tori, R.O., etc... ) can edit posts, polls, signatures, name headings, avatars, move posts, etc... etc...

PAID GROUPS

• [ ]Moderators group (Can BAN and IDIOT BOX only, 24 hour time limit)
    [ ]Moderators group 2(Can Idiot box 24 hour time limit)
    [ ]Moderators group 3 (Can edit avatars and signatures 24 hrs)
Prices set accordingly, along with the option of buying JUST an avatar and not a premium membership.

This still lets everyday joes have fun Phucking with people on the cheap for the day by buying MOD powers and idiot boxing members at random :D

Premiums can't be boxed however, unless by a fellow premium.

Change the person who has MOD privlages color to something like LIGHT GREEN or something like that, so fellow members know whos in control of the game.

Should be lots of fun... but more important, allow us to have a tighter community so that we can one day.. simply close the good stuff out from the world with tons of buying members, and none of the trolls.

The only rules are the bullshit ones we create ourselves.

Well then, I guess I should give an ADVANCED WARNING to members to make backups of their avatars and signatures and profile pics and such.:D

Back