The Over-Moderation of this site...

Considerating the fact this is your first post, there is a certain someone bad mouthing this place and thinks the moderating is heavy, therefore making you follow in their footsteps. Which it really ain't...there are rules to this place of course that STILL allow you to have free speech. But people tend to abuse that freedom so there always has to be some sort of ruling. School would be a good example, when the teacher tells you to shut up. Or at a meeting. or in church, I am sure there is conduct there. Same applies to this place. Everywhere you go are rules. Since this is your first time here...you might want to post a lil bit more (after reading the rules of course) before making that judgement.

Take my word for it...most debate sites do not offer the freedom that we do.

Sacy said:
Is fairly annoying.

Whatever happened to free speech?
We in no way hinder free speech here, unless you're an ass, and then it is to the box with you. Here let me show you...

hmm i think the moderation is at just the right level. plus if ya don't want to be moderated here just post in the thread that is set aside for it.

Free speach comes with a responsibility to use to actually SAY something. You aren't banned just labled apropriately for the sake of everyone else

ToriAllen said:
We in no way hinder free speech here, unless you're an ass, and then it is to the box with you. Here let me show you...

Sacy is in allegiance with that Anna Perenna character. Not the same people but very close. This is all some big joke.

Outlaw2747 said:
Sacy is in allegiance with that Anna Perenna character. Not the same people but very close. This is all some big joke.
I say we make sure this is a prank they don't forget. ;)

I have a question. I'm probably taking a chance at getting sent to the idiot box but whatever.

I'm new here. I don't comment much but I do read. One thing I've noticed is that it seems like a lot of times, anyone that isn't in a certain group gets called out and sent to the idiot box. Or if someone says something to piss a Mod. off, they get unfairly sent to the box. Why is that?

Is it just my eyes playing tricks on me or are we really supposed to suck up to the mods in order not to get sent to the box?

Now, how long will I be there? LOL

Oh and another question I have...

Do you have to pay the 12 bucks (or whatever it is) to be accepted around here?

I know you still stand a chance at being sent to the box but it seems to happen less if you pay.

Just curious.

bec said:
I have a question. I'm probably taking a chance at getting sent to the idiot box but whatever.

I'm new here. I don't comment much but I do read. One thing I've noticed is that it seems like a lot of times, anyone that isn't in a certain group gets called out and sent to the idiot box. Or if someone says something to piss a Mod. off, they get unfairly sent to the box. Why is that?

Is it just my eyes playing tricks on me or are we really supposed to suck up to the mods in order not to get sent to the box?

No, you don't have to suck up, but you shouldn't deliberately piss us off, either. The idiot box does not prevent you from posting. It prevents you from starting threads, but it is more of a title than anything. I could give you a tour if you want. Just so you can see what you can and can not do. ;)
You don't have to pay to be accepted, but it does mean you don't get the idiot box and you have the power to have others sent there.
Those were valid questions posed in a non-confrontational way. I won't send you to the idiot box unless you want to go.

bec said:

Nope. There are plenty of people here who never sucked up to any of us and never got sent to the box on their first time coming. Now for those who pissed of the mods and got sent, it is quite simple. The main rule here is to be able to debate BUT have some substance behind it. Quite simple. There are people who come here just to show off, spam threads thus reducing the quality, or just generally start a fight with insults and argue with no valid point. (just saying you hate something and spewing a bunch of curse words to appear badass IS NOT a valid argument) New guys get treated kinda hard if they act up, just so they can get the swig of things. Tough love if you may. But even after they been here for a while, we still don't want a member's posting ability to degrade. (getting too comfortable and just making asinine posts left and right) As long as you possess a reasonable degree of intelligence and SHOW it, there is no problem. The first impression thing works here as well. I was tossed in the box a long time ago when I made a return from a several month absence as they were in the midst of improving the quality of posting here.

Don't get me wrong, you can still have your fun and flame people if they piss you off...just be smart about it. Starting off here with nothing but lame one liners does not contribute to anything but being an idiot. And NO, you will not be idiot boxed for asking this question as you are just doing that. And besides...the idiot box really isn't much to piss your pants over but you have not done anything do be there.

Hope that kinda clears things up. Wish I could have explained better but I am quite groggy today. LOL

You did too change it, Tori. Granted, you didn't change any of the words but the way you added onto it changed the whole tone of your comment.

The way you had it the first time showed nothing more then an attitude on your part as if saying that I too was standing a chance of being sent to the box.

But,.....don't try to see what the box is like right from the get-go. This forum is "Whatpissesyouoff" which means freely expressing exactly what does.
And us, as Mods, get pissed off by newcomers with a vendetta.
Just a friendly reminder wink

bec said:
You did too change it, Tori. Granted, you didn't change any of the words but the way you added onto it changed the whole tone of your comment.

The way you had it the first time showed nothing more then an attitude on your part as if saying that I too was standing a chance of being sent to the box.
No, it ended with the ;) . What I added was after that. The tone was not changed. I asked if you wanted to see what you could and could not do. There would be no reason for me to change the tone. Sorry, if you misinterpreted the intent. There have been members who tried out the idiot box to see what they could and couldn

Back