The President Barack Obama Thread

woodyloveslinkin

aka Gloomy Mushroom
Well I'm not American, as many of you would know, but in hours time, America shall have the first black-American president, changing history books forever! I'm now watching Good Morning America's chit-chat coverage about it all and he officially gets inaugurated at 8 am, American time, but for me it's 3 am! But it's only 11.30 pm now...but still...Ugh! So I've created a thread to cover all the threads that may be positive/negative about him, as we encountered several hundred with Bush and his dictatorship (sorry that was rather opinionated that part).
How well do you think Obama will handle the struggling economy? And other so forth questions that may be posed in the next four (is it four or five years that each president has until next presidental election? I don't know these things off the top off my head) or so years that he has until he faces his opponent in an election.

who-is-barack-obama.jpg

President Obama

I'm not into politics so I'm not going to say much...all I want to say is that obama will have to do A LOT to make america work ok again...because of bush's sh*t...and if he's not going to do it quick..all the people is going to blame OBAMA...and not BUSH for that.... gaaah...I hate this >_>

I'm not into politics so I'm not going to say much...all I want to say is that obama will have to do A LOT to make america work ok again...because of bush's sh*t...and if he's not going to do it quick..all the people is going to blame OBAMA...and not BUSH for that.... gaaah...I hate this >_>

ACTUALLY!
When I was just making my breakfast just then, my dad left the tv running before left for work, and they (the tv hosts of Channel Nine) said the complete opposite to what you just said - he's facing an economical crisis and he knows and he has told the people this, that it won't be magically fixed. Any decent mind that understands what happened during The Great Depression and the defination of a economical recession knows that it's not going to be fixed instantly. Yes, he has a lot to make up for and he fails, especially handling the American recession, he's in ****, literally. And plus, he's trying to make up for Bush's **** all the way, in 16 months, all the US troops will be pulled out of Iraq (that part I saw last night lol). That man has a lot of work to do. And I'm damn happy (even though I'm non-American and I cannot legally vote in their system) that McCain didn't get in.

One thing that rather annoyed me about his inauguration was the media's coverage, ****, they were having a field day when he stumbled on his presidental oath. But at the same I saw it on the tele, and I was like "oh no! poor man!". I felt sorry for him when he embrassed himself on literally his stairway to being president of the US. I wish the media would stop replaying that moment over and over again. Let him be.

Question, is he the 43rd president or the 44th? I'm too lazy to use google right now.

Woo, go me in knowing facts and figures when it comes to a political system that I don't belong to. xD

ACTUALLY!
When I was just making my breakfast just then, my dad left the tv running before left for work, and they (the tv hosts of Channel Nine) said the complete opposite to what you just said - he's facing an economical crisis and he knows and he has told the people this, that it won't be magically fixed. Any decent mind that understands what happened during The Great Depression and the defination of a economical recession knows that it's not going to be fixed instantly. Yes, he has a lot to make up for and he fails, especially handling the American recession, he's in ****, literally. And plus, he's trying to make up for Bush's **** all the way, in 16 months, all the US troops will be pulled out of Iraq (that part I saw last night lol). That man has a lot of work to do. And I'm damn happy (even though I'm non-American and I cannot legally vote in their system) that McCain didn't get in.
well...that's good then...but...that's exactly what happened in italy 1 or 2 years ago..that's whay I said that...so ..I just hope people really understands that all that can't be fixed so quickly

oh...and I forgot... GO OBAMA GO! :party: :party:

Bush wasnt bad as a president, it doesnt help that Letterman runs that "great moments in presidential speeches" segment haha

Obama is kinda taking over america at a really really bad time, so its not that bad, he either fails in his attempts to rebuild america and is left as a footnote in history(first black president) or he triumps and america remember him as MORE than just the first black guy in the white house

44th and i think bush was a good president guess im the only one here -.-

haha, i'm glad someone said it first! you're not the only one, i think he was pretty good. not the best, but who is? who will ever be the perfect president? i would love to find one. and i don't think OBAMA is him by any means.

now, i'm not into politics whatsoever, but i don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that the president isn't REALLY the one running the country. he has a whole House of Representatives behind him who are pulling the strings. poor guy is just a puppet who gets tomatoes thrown at him. no one knows who to blame really, so naturally they're going to point to the head of the nation. It wasn't all Bush who led America into this crappy situation. i love that everyone, ESPECIALLY non-Americans, hate him. -_- when i went to Germany this summer, all they wanted to do was talk about politics. and compared Bush to Hitler.. WOW! i was totally shocked on that one. anyway, im not here to condemn anyone. just wanted to remind you guys that Bush wasn't really the one who led us into this situation, and i don't think Obama will be the ONE to bring us out.

Barack Obama has been President of the United States for almost 72 hours, now, and Guantanamo Bay and the Iraqi Occupation are irrevocably dated. Guantanamo Bay will be shut down before the end of the year and legislation is being enacted as we speak that will remove United States forces from Iraq within 18 months.

Obama is NOT just talk.

how is shutting down Guantanamo Bay a good thing? some of the scariest prisoners reside there. by shutting that down, where will they all go? back to the states. makes living here SO appealing -_- and who knows if that is actually going to go through. i'm not saying it won't, i'm just saying that Obama can't do any of this without approval of his White House committee. but seeing as how the whole House is now BLUE, that more than likely won't be an issue.

oh, and i'm sure you guys all heard about mr. barack fighting to keep his cell phone. what a sketch ball.

He is the President of the United States - he is paid to, among other things, deal with criticism. I don't why everyone is getting all upset about the prospect of someone criticizing or disliking Obama and his actions in office...I mean really, what planet are you on? I just hope he does a good job, and a fair job at that.

I think this "spread the wealth" idea is a load of crap personally. Not only will I know be going to a $20,000 a year school, but of course on top of all my student loans and bills I'll have to fork over more money every two weeks to the government, so they can give it up to a bunch of lazy bums who will do nothing but abuse this new system.

I think this "spread the wealth" idea is a load of crap personally. Not only will I know be going to a $20,000 a year school, but of course on top of all my student loans and bills I'll have to fork over more money every two weeks to the government, so they can give it up to a bunch of lazy bums who will do nothing but abuse this new system.

oh brotha, i couldn't have said it better myself.

oh brotha, i couldn't have said it better myself.

It reminds me of how college kids have started going to food banks and raiding them, claiming they are below the poverty line and can't afford groceries. You CAN'T play yourself off as 'poor' and be in college...because, TA-DA, you can afford higher education!

People need to man up, and get jobs. They should be rising up out of their situations on their own and not relying on government hand-outs. If it really is that bad, go move back in with Mom and Dad!

Some people like me had no choice but to move out from my folks to go to uni and I was on social welfare because no one would accept me because of my time limits. So it's more than being a dol-bludger in reality. It's called learning how to budget really, and for some young adults it's takes a while to learn how to do that. I couldn't afford the uni fees up front and that's why we have a scheme to help pay for university.

Hmmm.

Closing Guantanamo Bay Prison is a good thing because none of those prisoners have been charged with anything except being Muslim. Nor is there any concrete evidence that any of them except the few who HAVE been convicted are ever going to be. Guantanamo Bay is, for all intents and purposes, a concentration camp for Arabs, more than a prison.

Secondly, to those complaining about Obama's economic views and how lazy bums are just going to mooch off of it and everyone else is going to have to pay, you should know that you guys who are actually paying for college and stuff.... this is going toward your finanacial aid, and Obama's plan is to only tax the RICH more.

Only the rich people, guys.
The rich people are losing money, and everyone else is getting money.

So you guys who are struggling to make ends meet while working and going to college can continue to. Of course, there are always going to be lazy bums who take advantage of stuff like that, but that's not Obama's fault. It's their own fault.

I don't really know what you guys are complaining about... Clinton's reign as president saw the greatest economic fix since World War 2. I mean:

natl_debt_chart_2006_2.gif

If anything a little back and forth isn't going to hurt. We've had 8 years of a Republican in office and things are turning to **** and everyone in the world is ready to nuke us off the face of the earth. Give the Democrats their 8 years of picking up after Bush's numerous, numerous lies (such as that there are Terrorists in Gitmo Bay? um...) and then you can have your blood-red stained political agenda back.

Back