The Price of Printer Ink Cartridges Pisses Me Off!

skategreen

I don't care for the current prices of gasoline....

Housing prices in New York are insane .....

and for the price of a round trip train ride into the city I could feed a family of 10.

I don't care for these circumstances, but the price of Printer Ink Cartridges PISSES ME OFF!!

It's INK for Christ's Sweet Sake. It's ink in a stupid plastic box. The same **** that comes in ten cent pens. I can buy a whole big bottle of ink to re-ink my stamp pads - (for my hundreds of wood block stamps) ... for a few little bitty bucks. But when the Goddamn Printer runs out of Goddamn Ink I gotta go to Costco and spend 75 Goddamn Dollars for 3 stupid cartridges of ink.

It's highway ****ing robbery, we're bein robbed blind, swindled, bamboozled and they've got us over the Goddamn barrel. It's Tammany Hall, the Kennedy Conspiracy and McCarthyism in a Goddamn Plastic box.

I swear that there are little green ****in men in my printer just drinking that ****.

My hard earned dollars are being sucked out my pocket for the life support system of ****ing aliens in my printer.

Where's my Goddamn Hammer????

Well Goddamn, that sucks. LOL

I know what you mean. I rarely use my printer and the ink dries up before I even use $20 worth.

Someone suggested a few tips to me a while back and am going to try it the next time I take out a loan for more ink. You should try it.

I was told to take the cartridges out and seal in platic bags until I need them. That would keep them from drying out.

If you have cartridges that are not completely used up but dried out, take them out and dip just the ends in a very small amount of water. I was told that that would make them work. I haven't tried mine yet.

I get that complaint all the time out of customers.

It's pretty sad when the price of ink can be well over $30 a cartridge. It's a damn waste too, because most people run into a problem where it's mainly one color that is empty, while a couple of other colors remain. Then you travel up to Wally-World and spend big bucks for a cartridge refill, or be a cheap ******* and buy those refill kits.

I personally do NOT recommend buying refill kits. The ink quality is lower then a Retail version, you can get clogging troubles, running, blurring, all kinds of distortions.

Usually the printer user who is concerned about the ink prices, is one of those who buy a mid level printer for everyday use.

I do have a recommendation for an excellent printer, I have bought them time and time again for my customers, and have ALWAYS had great feedback about them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16828102153

Canon PIXMA IP3000 (here, read some reviews )

The cost for ink refills is usually about $10 or so, even cheaper on eBay, and the colors are all seperate.

And again, I only recommend CANON refills, not aftermarket imitations.

The print speed is super ****ing fast too.

I actually recommend CANON printers for anyone.

I use the i9900, but I do alot of high quality photo printing from my digital cam and DVI camcorder.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy a ****ing Lexmark printer or scanner, those things are ****ing JUNK !!

Agreed phreak. I bought a lexmark multi-function unit. It sucks.

It's so good, it has a new home in the shed, propping up another box of ****.

The first thing I ask when the salesbloke stops for breath, is how big are the ink cartridges?

One model (can't remember the brand) has five milliletres of ink in each cartridge, including the black one. A teaspoon holds seven mills, for ****'s sake.

I've heard the line that printers are cheap because they make the money on ink.

Well, you rip-off ****ers. All my printers are now gathering dust, except for a little "bread-box" canon I've had for years. The cartridges are huge.

I email quotes and invoices, and when I want to print some digi pics, I put 'em on disc and have them done for me. Better quality, good paper, and guaranteed results, or I don't pay for them.

Bash your ink up your kyhber pass, you rip-off *****s. ;)

Well, it's an $80 printer. Most people spend on average $50-75 on a printer, and if you factor in the ink cost half of what the damn printer costs, your not really getting your moneys worth.

You really are better off doing research and finding a printer that is right for your budget, not the initial price, but what it will cost you to run.

It really is worth the investment to spend a little more wiser and go with something that is in a decent price range, performs well according to HUNDREDS of users with only a few minor complaints from the most picky of people.

Lexmarks, are one of those brands that is made for the masses of Wal-Mart

You can usually find them on sale or stacked in boxes 10 high, in the middle of the isle next to the toilet paper

That's good. :D

The software that came with my lexjunk caused many "issues" with my laptop.

The fax setup (the reason I bought the ****in thing) was the most frustrating set of instructions I've ever encountered. It would not recognise my modem, and kept trying to dial-up my old account.

The "help" files were no help at all, and the website was put together by an orangutan and the three blind mice. ;)

All lexjunk sales should have a box of paracetamol included.

I know what you mean. My ex tried those refillable things and the result looked like ****, like most of his ideas...
Luckily my new printer, fax, scanner etc. has seperate areas for the ink so I won't have to waste so much money. I don't know why that was such a leap for the manufactorers to make.

Personally, I see a trend in PC users.

At first PC use was for the nerds, then it was sold to the idiot masses, technology evolved a bit more, and the idiot masses are now wanting the best value from their investment of entertainment called the PC.

With things like iPods and other mp3 players, digital cams and other types of **** to make pictures and music with that you can do with a computer. Finding a product at a price you can afford that will perform without much cost and hassle is often overlooked by those who buy **** just cuz they want one or feel they need one.

Sometimes it just ****ing cracks me up the way some people choose the UPGRADE on their PC and actually gain very little out of it.

When it comes to things like printers, they are for most people, a long term investment item. Just like the monitor/LCD you choose should be considered a long term investment into your PC. I say long term because it's one of those things that will go through many upgrades.

I think the most common mistake people make when buying any computer component, is they let the bigger number capacities for the low low price fool them into thinking they are getting a great value..

Part of the success I have had being an independent PC salesman, is it's more of a passion for me then a profit maker. I refuse to sell a machine to any of my customers that I myself wouldn't be happy with. I give my customers in depth consultations to help them build their new PC using the best parts for the amount that they want to spend.

But getting back on track in my feeling kinda stoned rant here a bit, these LONG TERM items are worth spending the extra money NOW for, IF you can afford it.

phreakwars said:
I get that complaint all the time out of customers.

It's pretty sad when the price of ink can be well over $30 a cartridge. It's a damn waste too, because most people run into a problem where it's mainly one color that is empty, while a couple of other colors remain. Then you travel up to Wally-World and spend big bucks for a cartridge refill, or be a cheap ******* and buy those refill kits.

I personally do NOT recommend buying refill kits. The ink quality is lower then a Retail version, you can get clogging troubles, running, blurring, all kinds of distortions.

Usually the printer user who is concerned about the ink prices, is one of those who buy a mid level printer for everyday use.

I do have a recommendation for an excellent printer, I have bought them time and time again for my customers, and have ALWAYS had great feedback about them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16828102153

Canon PIXMA IP3000 (here, read some reviews )

The cost for ink refills is usually about $10 or so, even cheaper on eBay, and the colors are all seperate.

And again, I only recommend CANON refills, not aftermarket imitations.

The print speed is super ****ing fast too.

I actually recommend CANON printers for anyone.

I use the i9900, but I do alot of high quality photo printing from my digital cam and DVI camcorder.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy a ****ing Lexmark printer or scanner, those things are ****ing JUNK !!

Where's your tip jar, Phreak? I'm very inclined to thank you for your professional consulation with a fistful of the new buffalo nickels.

I'm going to look into your recs. I bought my current printer prior to buying a digital camera - didn't have a huge need of a printer so I just wanted one for printing out recipes and whatnot, with scan capability. So - you pegged it, I just went out and bought a $100 model that printed half decently and ...(here's the confession part) I liked the SHAPE of. (It's my little HP breadbox and I adore the shape) (yes, stupid little things tickle my toes)

I hadn't ever considered that the Evil Capitalist Bastards were setting a big old Wabbit Twap, luring me in with comforting shapes, only to dig a tunnel into my ink starved pockets.

And Once Again, I saunter away from my GF, a Smarter, Wiser, and Better Soul.

I knew I luved ya fer a Reason.

Personally I use HP inkjets I get for about $17.00 for the black cartridges, $21.99 for the tri-color one. In my experience, the refills DO work, it's just a headache for me to get them from a retail store like K-Mart. I get my inkjets from either Office Depot, Staples, or Jarrett's Stationery. For me, it all works out in the long run. ;)

skategreen said:
I don't care for the current prices of gasoline....

Housing prices in New York are insane .....

and for the price of a round trip train ride into the city I could feed a family of 10.

I don't care for these circumstances, but the price of Printer Ink Cartridges PISSES ME OFF!!

It's INK for Christ's Sweet Sake. It's ink in a stupid plastic box. The same **** that comes in ten cent pens. I can buy a whole big bottle of ink to re-ink my stamp pads - (for my hundreds of wood block stamps) ... for a few little bitty bucks. But when the Goddamn Printer runs out of Goddamn Ink I gotta go to Costco and spend 75 Goddamn Dollars for 3 stupid cartridges of ink.

It's highway ****ing robbery, we're bein robbed blind, swindled, bamboozled and they've got us over the Goddamn barrel. It's Tammany Hall, the Kennedy Conspiracy and McCarthyism in a Goddamn Plastic box.

I swear that there are little green ****in men in my printer just drinking that ****.

My hard earned dollars are being sucked out my pocket for the life support system of ****ing aliens in my printer.

Where's my Goddamn Hammer????

my cartridges are $35.00 apiece at wal mart and online. my printer was $55.00 so when i run out i throw the printer in the trash and go buy a new one.

smutt butt said:
my cartridges are $35.00 apiece at wal mart and online. my printer was $55.00 so when i run out i throw the printer in the trash and go buy a new one.
Instead of throwing it in the trash, sell it on eBay as almost new.

phreakwars said:
Instead of throwing it in the trash, sell it on eBay as almost new.

i tried to donate them to a place that gives them to schools but they didn't want them.

i do the same thing with my pur water filter. it is cheaper to buy the whole thing than it is to buy the filters.

Back