They make that choice!

NASCAR JUNKIE

I hate it when some folks complain about our troops getting killed in the middle east and say we should have never gone to Iraq. Just like this woman who's camping out in front of the Bush ranch in Texas, trying to talk to George. Come on idiots, those men made that choice to join up.

They made a choice to serve their country when duty calls, they do not make the choice of where or what theat duty is. OUr country has a responsibility to protect it's borders and homeland, not fight pointless wars that are going to amount to nothing inthe long run. If we spent less time running around the world fighting for economic gain and more time simply protecting our own asses, or country would be a lot more able to focus on it's own faults

If you think I don't know what i am talking about because of lack of military experince, here's the words of one of the most decorated marines in history

Smedley Butler on Interventionism
-- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

http://www.fas.org/man/smedley.htm

Hell yeah if your gonna talk **** about our military, you can get the hell out! If it wasn't for those guys we would not be the country we are today. The people in the service chose themselves to go in and they new there was a chance for war at any time. Its the ****ing military for christs sake, what do you expect them to do just sit on there ass and train for nothing. There are a very small amoutn of guys in the military that actually want to get up and go shoot people. The fact that they are getting up and doing it, not for them, but for us demands the upmost respect form every American.

I for one am proud to have those guys in the desert taking up for so many lives they will never understand.

Bless the soldiers that died protecting us and praying for the ones that haven't that they will finish up what they are there to do so they can come onhome like you know they want to do.

SlIgHtLyOpInIoNaTeD said:
I for one am proud to have those guys in the desert taking up for so many lives they will never understand.

Bless the soldiers that died protecting us and praying for the ones that haven't that they will finish up what they are there to do so they can come onhome like you know they want to do.

Thank you very much! The young men who inlist in our armed forces make that choice to go fight.

I think Merle Haggard said it best. If you're running down my country hoss, You're walking on the fighting side of me, running down the ways of life that men have fot and died to keep. So if you don't love it leave it and make this song i'm singing be a worning. ;)

NASCAR JUNKIE said:
I hate it when some folks complain about our troops getting killed in the middle east and say we should have never gone to Iraq. Just like this woman who's camping out in front of the Bush ranch in Texas, trying to talk to George. Come on idiots, those men made that choice to join up.

What? What's wrong with you? You didn't hear about the evil Republicans who snuck into the rooms, in the middle of the night, and kidnapped these poor boys? ;)

sandman5140 said:
What? What's wrong with you? You didn't hear about the evil Republicans who snuck into the rooms, in the middle of the night, and kidnapped these poor boys? ;)

You're either telling a joke or you're one of those stupid ass liberal bitches that likes to lie about are government.

NASCAR JUNKIE said:
You're either telling a joke or you're one of those stupid ass liberal bitches that likes to lie about are government.

If you cannot tell with the utmost certainty that that was a joke, something is seriously wrong.

Crazywumbat said:
If you cannot tell with the utmost certainty that that was a joke, something is seriously wrong.

Well you never know. Sometimes things people say sound like a joke. But then you find out it's actually not. Maybe you're the dumb ****!

NASCAR JUNKIE said:
Well you never know. Sometimes things people say sound like a joke. But then you find out it's actually not. Maybe you're the dumb ****!

True, but 1. Anyone who would truely believe that obviously lacks the intelligence required to get out of bed in the morning, walk to their computer, and hit the correct sequence of keys to type that out. 2. The " ;) " smiley sorta gave away the fact that they were joking.

You know, fighting for your country and dying for your country used to be a great honor, in any culture, any civilization, except for in US now.

If our army don't kill other small nations and take their money, oil and land, how are we gonna progress forward in world?

just as nations fought for lands and power, it's still the same principle. It's just that people get stupid and think army in iraq died for no cause, because they have nothing to live for but to bitch about a worthless cause.

we really need a secret police in US sometimes.

I, for one, am not really confident in our country's decision to fight in Iraq. I do, however, completely support our soldiers. Honestly though, Im tired of thinking and hearing about why we went to the sandbox. Its too damn late to be discussing that now. We are "over there", so we need to take care of now...not yesterday or years past.

While we are over there, though, we need to snag up serveral billion barrels of oil so we can lower these obscene, rag gagging gas prices.

I do believe, though, that it is time we start getting ready to bring our boys home. It may take some time, but I think that should be the goal right now.

NASCAR JUNKIE said:

Dude....you are killing me here.

OK...for those who didn't catch "it".....yes, it was sarcasm.

They made the choice to join up...
WITH THE HOPE that whoever is in charge is smart enough to warrant putting their lives in his hands.
I think most of us would agree that does not describe Bush.

DizzyME said:
They make the choice to join, but they don't get to pick and choose when to fight.

Exactly. And believe it or not, alot of soldiers over there think this Iraq thing is a waste of time. I haven't been over there yet so i cannot truly judge since I don't know every detail but I would rather defend my own country and die for the US than to die for a place that has been fighting since the dawn of friggin' humanity.

But yet some of us still join. Because of pride, college, the welfare of others, whatever. No matter the reason I RESPECT the sacrifices these people have made, even the shitbags in the military deserve props for JOINING and doing something more than 90% percent of Americans wouldn't have done (I am not downing civilians.). But these ignorant asses who go around and say **** THE ARMY or THE MARINES ARE ****ING JARHEADS, those people can kiss my ass. They have no respect, no consideration, and are higly ungrateful. They don't belong in this country, it is not our fault some asshole ****ed with us. These selfish assholes are ****ing ignorant and have no idea what we go through. if they hate us s much, they can go take their stupid asses to China or the Middle East and have most of their rights taken away.

I agree, young men and women sign up and they know there is a possiblity they could be sent to fight in a war. Now if you dont believe in war DO NOT JOIN THE MILITARY! That is what they do. DEFEND. I am tired of ppl saying the president killed their child, husband, mother, wife or sister/brother. No the ENEMY did and they knew it could happen and signed those little papers when they swore to fight for this country....And who happens to run this country our president. Now if ANY one has signed up since BUSH has been in office THEY KNEW they would be going to WAR, hell most of them signed up just for that...ANYONE REMEMBER 9/11...We all were patriotic that day and 85% of America was behind BUSH....Hey We all just need to pull together, support our troops, wish them well and safety and what the else..pray...in whatever ****ing religion you want. But nothing anyone does like ms mommy who camped at Bush's ranch is gonna make him and congress say HEY DAMN WELL we need to pull out, someones kids or whatever died and hell...that death..it isnt worth it. EVERY WAR HAD DEATH...If someone didnt sacrifice in the past wars our happy go lucky freedoms wouldnt be happening and we would all be kissing ass to some king or queen.

Gray~Gal said:
I agree, young men and women sign up and they know there is a possiblity they could be sent to fight in a war. Now if you dont believe in war DO NOT JOIN THE MILITARY! That is what they do. DEFEND. I am tired of ppl saying the president killed their child, husband, mother, wife or sister/brother. No the ENEMY did and they knew it could happen and signed those little papers when they swore to fight for this country....And who happens to run this country our president. Now if ANY one has signed up since BUSH has been in office THEY KNEW they would be going to WAR, hell most of them signed up just for that...ANYONE REMEMBER 9/11...We all were patriotic that day and 85% of America was behind BUSH....Hey We all just need to pull together, support our troops, wish them well and safety and what the else..pray...in whatever ****ing religion you want. But nothing anyone does like ms mommy who camped at Bush's ranch is gonna make him and congress say HEY DAMN WELL we need to pull out, someones kids or whatever died and hell...that death..it isnt worth it. EVERY WAR HAD DEATH...If someone didnt sacrifice in the past wars our happy go lucky freedoms wouldnt be happening and we would all be kissing ass to some king or queen.

I totally agree. But at the same time, those who don't mind fighting for their country oppose of THIS war because it seems so asinine in nature. Alot of shady stuff going on these days. Most people don't even know what is really going on and does not consider this war as "defending the US." I listen to guys who come back from Iraq all the time and they say it is pretty pointless to be there for the most part.

Outlaw2747 said:
I totally agree. But at the same time, those who don't mind fighting for their country oppose of THIS war because it seems so asinine in nature. Alot of shady stuff going on these days. Most people don't even know what is really going on and does not consider this war as "defending the US." I listen to guys who come back from Iraq all the time and they say it is pretty pointless to be there for the most part.

Hey i listen to them too. Except i get different feed back. I was a military brat for 19 yrs. Then i married my husband who is the army. I have been around the ARMY all my life. I hear bitching and hear support. But here at Ft Stewart Georgia there is more support going on then bitching and hell we are the ones who took Baghdad at the begining of the WAR. We need to be over there to help these people out until they are ready to take charge themselves and not some terriorist group come and take over the govt. We are showing a country who never really had to defend themselves how to.
We are defending the US because IRAQ is an interest to us....and SADDAM was a MAJOR interest to us. I dont like my husand being gone and over there. But he knew what he was doing and i am proud of him. He is my hero cause he took the responsibility of serving his country and president. And all this at...17. Now thats an adult to me. (ok sorry that was another thread)
But this war is and was necessary, I am as ready as the rest of the NATION for our troops to come back but until the mission is complete, it wont happen.

your probably right Gray.

This war will never end.....it is a new era of conflict. Call it WW3 if you will...but i really cant see it ending.

This war is like a virus, spreading from host to host. The war on terrorism is great in theory, but in real life it is a hunt for ghosts that we will never actually catch. We would have done better securing our stuff at home first, then getting stronger allies in the international governments.

We needed better communication with the rest of the civilized world, not warring with the semi-civilized world. Its a shame really. And i want to pick up a high school text book in 10 years to see what it sais about this.........ill bet nothing good. And if it does say actual good stuff, then shame on our governement for giving glory where it isnt due....

Sigh..this entire war is a double edge sword. I just wish we had all been more level headed when 9/11 happened and realized that world support, not world conquest, was the answer

Shrug.......i cant wait to live in my hollow tree away from everyone. Ill be like the unibomber, without the bombs

(and with razors, shampoo, and a harem of chizzled mountain men.......sigh)

Back