thinking about switching to Rotella but i have a few questions...

El Mamito USMC

Zorros Racing Team..
ok guys like the tittle stated , im thinking about it since its wayy cheaper than amsoil , 1qt of amsoil is almost the same as the gallon of R.. but i have a few questions that i need answer... please answer them in order if possible and just to the point. if you want , give a lil statement on top and then the answers.. thanks for all the input guys:

1- What type of Rotella to use??? i have seen the rotella T (triple protection-this sounds good), the T5, T6 ,T1

2- what is the schedule maintenance with this oil?

3- its safe for BOTH sides ?

4- what weigth to get? i was thinking 15-40

i took this from Morgan, from the other thread, hes a experience builder so his opinion counts a lot but i need specific answers to this..
Yet to see any issues with Rotella T oil. In my opinion it doesn't break down like other oils, and has cut down on gear wear especially in the 06+ bikes.

From reading the back of the T6 bottle, it meets JASO-MA. I do not run Rotella so I do not know the maintenance schedule with this oil. It is safe for both sides as it is JASO-MA, which is approved for wet clutch applications. Mobil1 I believe meets JASO-MA and is safe for wet clutches. I think you will be fine with 15-40. My best .02

Hi mamito,

I just got back from weekend camping trip up north. I just put in 18hrs of riding into my bike over the past weekend and it ran like a champ for a stocker. It is safe for me to say that i've been using rotella 15w-40 since my 2nd oil change, I have not seen any wear, metal shavings, or any thing that gets our attention.

you cant justify the price tag on these oil. I've been using it for both sides and change 'em every 25ish hrs. It's wise to change out the filter at the same time too. I use tusk oil filter and they are great combo with rotella oil.

Get the White jug... T5 I believe... it is safe for both sides and for ~$13-15 a gallon you get 2 complete changes (both sides) out of one jug... I change mine about every 10 - 15 hours and the filter every time I change the oil... I don't know why you would change oil without changing the filter but some do.

I just tack on oil filters to RMATV orders to get me over $100 for free shipping

Just putting in my $.02. I always ran the Rotella T 15w-40 (white bottle) in my Honda and it did great. Every bike is different however, and I stopped using it in the Kawi. For some reason the Kawi was picky and would spew the 15w out of the crankcase breather. Not constantly, but enough that I switched to 5w (what it calls for). Never had that problem again.

Short answer, YES you should be good! Just don't want people thinking it's the best thing to use for every bike...

Attachments

• get.jpg
    get.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 9
i reccomend the Valvoline ATV oil..Same stuff as the $$$ honda oil and meets/exceeds the JASO stuff, but costs alot less..We buy it by the box and run it in all 4 quads and our one 4 stroke bike.

Back