time traveling

Gallytuck said:
I'll follow who I know are correct ....

And just exactly HOW do you know "they" are correct, Poindexter?? Or are you just another lemming riding on the coattails of the "all knowing" free thinkers and non-speculative ****tards of the world???

Hugh G. Rekshun said:
And just exactly HOW do you know "they" are correct, Poindexter?? Or are you just another lemming riding on the coattails of the "all knowing" free thinkers and non-speculative ****tards of the world???

Had you asked nicely I might have entertained you. But it's more than I can write in one post. There are a few people here who I would explain things to if they made it known to me that they wish to really, really know. You're not one of those people.

Remember, there's very little right now which is 100%.

Had you asked nicely I might have entertained you
I am not nice therefore I do not predicate my questions with a ****ing smiley face nor do I need a fifteen-page dissertation of the how's and why's of the universe. If I need entertainment I can masturbate at length to any "fictitious" fantasy and I do not conjugate thoughts of time travel which, by any stretch of the imagination, is also another form of fantasy but devoid of a juicy pair of "D" cups.
There are a few people here who I would explain things to if they made it known to me that they wish to really, really know.
I need no explaination of how inert some peoples cranial cavities really are.

In other words, who really ****ing cares???

Take a big bong rip along with a couple tabs of Purple Haze and see how many constellations pass you by without leaving the comfort of your Lazy Boy :)

Guinness Book of World Records 2006, page 109.

Avdeyev also experienced the most time dilation by an individual. As a direct consequence of the time he has spent in low Earth orbit, traveling at around 17,000 mph relative to everyone else, he has essentially ‘time traveled’ 1/50th of a second into the future – consistent with Albert Einstein’s Theory of Relativity.
Time travel is possible and has even made it into the Record book.

Here is a link and some excerpts that break it down really easily…

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/time/think.html
"Ever since Einstein revealed his special theory of relativity, we've known that time travel—at least moving forward through time—is possible.

We begin with a basic concept—one that sets the scene...

You're on a train that's moving forward at 50 mph. You throw a ball in the direction that the train is moving. Relative to you and the train, the ball leaves your hand traveling at 20 mph.
Question: From the point of view of someone standing alongside the tracks, how fast is the ball moving?

That's right—70 mph.

All you have to do is add the speed of the train (50 mph) and the speed of the ball (20 mph).
50 mph
+ 20 mph
70 mph

Part 2: The Speed of Light
OK. Everything so far makes sense. Let's move on to the speed of light for a moment.
In 1887 two American scientists performed a now-famous experiment. The experiment seemed to show that the speed of light was independent of motion. In other words, that light always traveled at the same speed: 186,000 miles per second. It didn't matter if the source of the light was moving or if the observer was moving.
There was another indication that the speed of light was constant, too—one that Einstein found especially difficult to ignore. James Clerk Maxwell, the mind behind electromagnetic theory, had developed equations that described the nature of electricity, magnetism, and even light. These equations, the predictions of which were confirmed by experiment, by the way, implied that light always traveled at the same speed.
Which brings us to the next question...

Again, you're on a train. This time, though, the train is moving much faster—at half the speed of light, or 93,000 mps (miles per second). And instead of throwing a ball, you turn on a flashlight.
Question: How fast is the light traveling relative to the observer standing alongside the tracks?
186,000 mps

That's right! Relative to the observer, the light is moving at 186,000 mps. Seems non-commonsensical, doesn't it? But this has proven to be true through many experiments over the years.

Here's our last question. This one's like the previous one, but with a twist. Again, you're on a train moving at 93,000 mps, and again, you turn on your flashlight.
Question: How fast does the light travel relative to you?
186,000 mps

Now you get the idea.
Relative to the man on the train, the light is moving ahead at 186,000 mps, just as it is for the observer outside the train. The speed of light remains constant for all observers.
Is there a solution to this paradox?

By now you probably understand the conflict: How is it possible that light always travels at the same speed, no matter how fast its source is moving? Einstein, when he was 16, thought about the same thing.

Are you familiar with the equation v=d/t? All it says is velocity (speed) equals distance traveled divided by time.
See the relationship between speed, distance and time?

If we use this equation in our first scenario—the one where you threw the ball—it works out fine. For you, within the train, as well as for someone standing by the tracks, we can calculate the speed of the ball by adding the distance the train traveled and the distance the ball traveled.

The equation does not work out so well in the second scenario, though, because we're dealing with the speed of light, so the "v" in the equation always has to be 186,000 miles per second.

Something has to give.

Question: What can we infer from what we've seen so far?
a. That the results of various experiments and that Maxwell's equations must be incorrect, and that the speed of light can vary, depending on the situation.
b. That time (and maybe even distance as well) is not the same for all observers.
Time Can Vary?

That's right! Contrary to what common sense tells us, time and distance are not fixed. This, too, is the assumption Einstein made.

In our second and third train examples, the speed of light turns out to be exactly the same for both you and the observer standing along the tracks because time, as measured by your watch, ticked along at a slower pace than time measured by the observer. Not only that, distance changed, too. For the observer, a one-foot ruler whizzing by on the train would have measured less than a foot.

The weird thing is that, for you on the train, time wouldn't seem to be moving slower and your ruler wouldn't be shorter—all would appear normal. However, time on the rest of the Earth would appear to be ticking along slower and its rulers would be shorter.

Now let's say you want to do some time traveling. You board a spaceship and take off for deep space.

The ship approaches the speed of light. Time for you seems to pass as it always has. It takes you about five seconds to tie your shoe. But to an observer on Earth (assuming he or she could watch you), you are moving at a snail's pace. It takes hours to tie your shoe.

Anyway, you continue on your journey. You slow down, stop, and accelerate back to Earth. You arrive home. You have aged two years during your flight. Two hundred years have passed on Earth. You have successfully traveled forward through time.

Now you want to go back? Sorry. According to relativity, you can only move through time in one direction."

The reason Albert Einstien is so revered in the scientific world is that no one can prove him wrong.

Yet, the coin does have two sides.
Anyone can get lost in deep, intrinsic thought. Others have to write books about their thoughts and try to enlighten us with big, mathematical calcs to try to substantiate their theories..(defined as a "best guess")
Some of us fall for it and some of us change the channel to more heart rendering and fun shows like SpongeBob-Squarepants.

I thought about time travel once but I decided to buy something else other than a Delorean.

ToriAllen said:
Guinness Book of World Records 2006, page 109.

Avdeyev also experienced the most time dilation by an individual. As a direct consequence of the time he has spent in low Earth orbit, traveling at around 17,000 mph relative to everyone else, he has essentially

kokorosenshi said:
heres why, your moving fast, every one has stoped. a person needs to eat every 6 hours or they will be really hungry. 6 hours for you is less than a second to us. so about 100 years to you would be hours or days to us, and therefore, you will die fast.
Really, in a logical sense if you are the one traveling then no changes will apply to you since your system traveling faster than everyone, but yet at your speed, it will function as if nothing has happened.

kokorosenshi said:
oh, but thats not it, you wouldnt even make it 100 years, maybe 50, remember, everything has stopped and you are fast, what happens when you slap your car with your hand, it hurts right. but your going at about 10 mph. imagine 300,000,000 meters per second. not only will your hand hurt, it will be destroyed and you will have a dent on the car. now your bleeding. you need a bandaid, get the door and there goes the other hand. now you have no hands and die of bleeding becuase you are so stupid that you didnt realize that if you were going at the speed of light, any movement you do is also going at the speed of light.
Trust me, after an impact like that you won't need a bandaid. Once your arm hit the object the wave effect happens so you 1) might be pulled to it, by it or 2) the impact will affect your whole body.

I believe to time travel we have to find a gravity free zone so that the speed increasement would be greater and your body wont be hit against a wall of the time travel machine.

Really, in a logical sense if you are the one traveling then no changes will apply to you since your system traveling faster than everyone, but yet at your speed, it will function as if nothing has happened.

so are you trying to say that while your in the speed of light. in what appears to be 20 years for you, is 6 hours for us, and thats when you will get hungry. or do you mind clarifying that.

Trust me, after an impact like that you won't need a bandaid. Once your arm hit the object the wave effect happens so you 1) might be pulled to it, by it or 2) the impact will affect your whole body.

I believe to time travel we have to find a gravity free zone so that the speed increasement would be greater and your body wont be hit against a wall of the time travel machine.

somehow i agree, you still will die if you hit a car at light speed

Back