Today's ride with a group for 3 trx450r's 5/26/2013

bvet4dog

mmhmm bacon!
Before this day begun, baileyguns and i was expecting to ride in the rain. lol. Mother nature did us a favor, gave us some sun! hell yeah!

The pics that i'm posting here, don't do justice. The views are nice and i really like the terrain. Wished i had more photos for you all.

Before the ride

On the way up to the top of the mountain, Baileyguns needed to stop for a moment. haha. here's the spot we stopped at.

Top of the hill sorta but when we got to the top, it was bushy not much to take pic of.

new episode will come later from the next ride lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 28
oh yes chronic you missed out :/ Maybe next time though!

I just did a check up on my quad. Although i havnt start the bike so idk how it runs lol. I'm sure the motor and all is fine except for those things in the photos.

My sub frame is crooked.... and now i have a reason to buy the sub frame. The grab bar was already missing and the frame used to be solid/straight.

I still cant believe that pipe didn't have a scratch on it, lol. All in all, I say you lucked out with the damage and injuries. Both could have been much worst...

Look into a cool hood and an aftermarket lighting system instead of stock stuff?
Ties rods are cheap and so aren't a couple of bolts for the top of the stem... The stem looked straight to me.
You pretty much needed a sub frame anyhow.

Indeed, it could've been worst! For sure i'll always remember this trip haha. My boss was cool with it and told me take the day off. Cant be up on the roof :/

I'm not sure if i have another stock hood somewhere from the part out i have, i'll have to see. If not, then yeah aftermarket it is. I think I want aftermarket lights too. I'll have to hit up el mamito usmc to see what he can hook me up with. That wont be for a while though. Priorities gotta come first.

Do you ride in the dark? I cant remember ever riding in the dark on my 450 other than a polaris during hunt season.

I don't remember the last time I rode in the the dark... I haven't had a headlight since '09. I'd be more likely to ride a UTV in the dark before a sport quad around here for sure, out west in the dunes would be a different story.

We ride so long in the summer its usually dark or getting dark when we get back. Stock headlights suck, so this year Im hitting up mamito for one of them LED jobs.

its open enough out by me it would be super useful.

i like night riding in the open fields and what not, but in the woods its pretty useless unless you're just creeping. CJM, you ride? gonna get out at all this season or no?

damn that sucks... hopefully he doesnt need a new frame...

Look into a cool hood and an aftermarket lighting system instead of stock stuff?

i got that covered pm me.. and ill hook you up..

We ride so long in the summer its usually dark or getting dark when we get back. Stock headlights suck, so this year Im hitting up mamito for one of them LED jobs.

its open enough out by me it would be super useful.

i can set up with just a basic 6" ligth or if you want to go heavy on it, i have the 10W that i sell to Baja teams...

i got 3 atv teams and 2 dirt bike teams running my ligths on this weekend Baja 500..... and ALL of them are super exited about the price/performance of my ligths...

cant wait to hear thier reviews,,,,,

The 6" is more than enough Id say. Wont be right now bud, probably down the road as I complete the build.

next ride you guys go on give me a shout... ya never know... I might head down from N-B for a few days if I can. It would be like a 10hrs drive (I think) for me.

I honestly dont remember much about my crash. All i know is that i was going too fast and a corner was right in front of me. Tried to drift out of it and that went too far. Next thing i know i hit a wall of dirt and rocks. Sent me flying about 25 ft. Knocked me out for a bit. They said that i was just a rag doll in the crash and the bike landed on me during the flips lol I wanted to keep riding too!

Ed and his buddy was so kind to load up my bike on my trailer and strap it down. I drove 3 hrs back home and went to the ER the following morning. No broken bones just beat up and bruised up.

i'm still stumped about my exhaust. not a single scratch on it! maybe you all should buy motoworks since it's indestructible!

oh yeah i just noticed while taking pics.... my ****ing manual is missing o.0 Ed, we didn't see any black packet with my manual in it laying around in the woods did we?

pics of of the exhaust

Back