Tokyomods Less Tension Throttle Spring

I just cut the stock spring. You can also try a trx 90 lever as well they are slightly longer.

So got the spring, pulled the carb, installed the spring went to tighten up the "Flat CR" cap and the casting broke. I think the cap was ****ed and when I snugged it up it snapped. I blame myself wasn't being careful just wanted to get it done. This $30 job just got expensive. I don't think I have any other choice but to get a used carb. Unless someone has a great solution....?

With that said anyone selling a 08 450er carb or know a good place to get a used one? Found a few on ebay but they are a little high.

View attachment 621

Attachments

• Carb.jpg
    Carb.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 28
Believe it or not, there are people who have spare carb bodies do to ripping the center gasket.

If not I have a complete fcr with Tokyo throttle spring

Spare body would require rebuilding the carb which I can not do. I might have a guy to do it though.

How much for the spare?

personaly? i'd grind off the rest of where the threads are, aluminum weld a piece there and drill and tap it. just has to hold that little cover on.

I think there is enough meat left to use a nut. Might jb weld the pieces back together along with the nut should be good enough. The sealing area is fine and intact.

Got the cap fixed and have it put backed together. But to start it and have it stay idling I have to push on the thumb throttle just a bit. I think one of the sensors is being triggered or not being triggered. I just need to push it till it clicks up at the thumb throttle and it starts and idle as normal. If I let off the throttle it basically cuts out as opposed to stalling. Any thoughts on what to adjust?

08 450er

Thanks

Do you have proper free play in the throttle cable? Should be able to feel a little slack in the cable. That however would be kinda backwards from your problem but you never know.

That or the hotstart cable got messed up and it's pulling when it shouldn't be?

How about the pilot screw? Can you tune it out with that?

Also the simple - no cracks in the boots or exhaust leaks?

Turned the idle knob up till it was reving high when running let off the throttle and it cut out. Tried to start and it would not fire up till I pushed the throttle in a bit. Then reved high as expected turned it down same thing. I think it is the sensors not sure how to check though. I'll recheck the cable slack. Right not its about 5mm of free play at the throttle, see if I can get more out of it.

Back