Tropical Storm Ophelia.....will it effect east coasters?

Gray~Gal

MIAMI (AP) - Tropical Storm Ophelia strengthened Wednesday off Florida's Atlantic coast, following an erratic path that threatened parts of the state with heavy rain.

Less than two weeks after Hurricane Katrina hit South Florida, tropical storm warnings were posted along a 100-mile stretch from Sebastian Inlet to Flagler Beach. The storm's sustained wind increased to 50 mph from 40 mph earlier in the day, and forecasters said it could reach hurricane strength.

Forecasters warned that the slow-moving Ophelia's path remained uncertain. Some computer models have the storm moving to the east and away from the coast, others have it going west, closer to shore, and some show it heading east and then looping back toward the state

Up to 5 inches of rain are expected over the next few days from central Florida to southeastern Georgia, with some isolated areas possibly getting 8 inches.

DO you think East coasters are gonna do anything different then the ppl of NO did?

I personally am keeping an eye on the storms coming this way. Anything major seems to happen and i am outta here. There is too much "swamp" on Ft Stewart to just let it flood around me.

http://www.quehubo.com/eng/ophelia/hurricane_ophelia.php

Gray~Gal said:
DO you think East coasters are gonna do anything different then the ppl of NO did?

Well with Katrina's wake, im sure more people will actually take the "please get inland" more seriously and use every resource possible to happen. Even those that live in the coast and party it up behind boarded windows as many apparently do (however it was tizz put it).

But with all the "bush hates black people" garbage that is being spit over the country like a giant bullshit sprinkler here is what i can picture....

[hypothetically] Ophelia comes in does similar damage to miami and say strong enough to become a disaster area of some sort. People will leave like they are asked to, and those that cant are bussed out accordingly. The entire thing works perfectly and the casualty level is at bear minimums...

Later on the news

"Miami is full of elderly, beutiful, and rich white people......." states Rapper shuga-shizzle..."this proves that the federal government is racist because it didnt do the same for New Orleans.

The Ghetto's of california start riots and we see the whole rodney king thing again. [/hypothetically]

Its a likely scenero, and unfortunately so cliche' i want to get cryogenically frozen till there are less morons in the world. But since people get accidently pregnent all the time i guess ill be frozen for all eternity!

Well Gal, keep us informed and good luck and hopefully it passes by or fizzles out before it reaches you.....

For-Shizzle

Hugh G. Rekshun said:
HELLO!!!
It's ****ing hurricane season!!
If they havent got it by now then God help 'em!!

Exactly. And that is why they have hurricane watches and warnings so there won't be any false alarms. It is amazing how so many of those people down there just cannot grasp that concept. And not every single one is gonna whack the coast. Watch the news, ask around, and if one comes their way they should take heed, NOT have a stupid storm party or blow it off (no pun intended).

Oh and for those idiots who think they are completely safe...keep in mind that MORE THAN ONE of these disasterous storms can be in motion at the same time and can change course. Note the size of them as well...

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/huricane/1998/w4storms.htm

I hope it bypasses FLA, GA, and all the other Southern States. I hope it travels just off shore nice and slow....then suddenly, it gets to CT and BAM! Heads straight for us. Then, I want the entire town of Portland to be demolished, flooded, and rendered useless. That way I can justifiably stay home from work. You know, embrace the whole "stay at home mom" thing even though I'm not actually due for another 18 weeks.
A girl can dream, right?

Not to change the subject....

but with all the hurricane talk it is probaly a good thing

I havent seen "balls" around. Everything okay?

Just a little worried for ya!

Gray~Gal said:
LOL
Yeah you can dream...haha

CT hasn't had a good hurricane since...god I don't even remember when. It's been quite a few years. I love a good kick ass storm. Especially if it has the potential to destroy my workplace. God, that would be sweet....

Gray~Gal said:
MIAMI (AP) - Tropical Storm Ophelia strengthened Wednesday off Florida's Atlantic coast, following an erratic path that threatened parts of the state with heavy rain.

Less than two weeks after Hurricane Katrina hit South Florida, tropical storm warnings were posted along a 100-mile stretch from Sebastian Inlet to Flagler Beach. The storm's sustained wind increased to 50 mph from 40 mph earlier in the day, and forecasters said it could reach hurricane strength.

Forecasters warned that the slow-moving Ophelia's path remained uncertain. Some computer models have the storm moving to the east and away from the coast, others have it going west, closer to shore, and some show it heading east and then looping back toward the state

Up to 5 inches of rain are expected over the next few days from central Florida to southeastern Georgia, with some isolated areas possibly getting 8 inches.

I personally am keeping an eye on the storms coming this way. Anything major seems to happen and i am outta here. There is too much "swamp" on Ft Stewart to just let it flood around me.

http://www.quehubo.com/eng/ophelia/hurricane_ophelia.php

hopefully bush won't send it in to kill people. LOL

Back