Un-Anarchist Anarchism: A New Political System

Gentilhomme

Alrighty, i made this new political system up for my Political Science class the other day, Not saying its perfect or anything but i'ld like you guys to critizes and rip it to ****, but compliments are welcome too :D

Society is broken up into guilds. A guild consists of a group of people, at least 10% of the total population, who have decide to follow the same beliefs concerning how they wish to live their lives. Guilds make for themselves their own set of laws and philosophies that are set out in a guild charter. Guilds are socially self-sufficient and free from the rule or direct influence of other guilds. They police themselves but not others. For this to work, each member of the country must adhere to a general philosophy of

I agree, maybe 500 years ago, if they had better communications then, it would have worked... for a while... but what happens, is one group will grow at an exponential rate over another, and conflict would eventually arise, its just the way it is.

Yah i know growth of 1 or 2 guilds would pose a threat to the rest but wht i was trying to to is allow for kind of micro-World. Each guild being a nation in a way, which as we know, nations like to fight now and then. I hoped to remedy this but installing an Overwatch, the CR, and limiting it so non if these "Nations" could have military might (kinda like disarming Iraq etc..) but as tradgies like Rawanda have shown us, you don't necessarly need guns for mass murder. But atleast the guys WITH guns would be interviening if anyone did try to pull some ****. I know i'm just "Imagining" and i know it probably wouldn't work in real life, even if the resources to pull it off were there, but I thought it would be good to toss a new idea into the political world (Not saying that is ToTALLY original. thinking about it it almost resembles a Nativwe American type system crossed with the Star Wars Republic! :eek: ) Just thought it something to yell at though, thanks for the input.

The biggest problem was already pointed out: there is not one person on this earth who is the same as another.

You know what I'd rather?

Kinda like when we were in grade 5 and the grade 5 class was going to camp and we had to pick 49 other people to be in our hugeass cabin. We'd pick people whom we respect, like, and can carry out our lives with.

I think your approach to guilds is to institute harmony and peace...but...
I don't think that peace is ever possible (re: phreak's comment) - but a balance is... and I'd say the world is pretty balanced.

Back