Updates on Luminace (Off Topic Forum's future RuneScape server)

GhostSnyper

Alrighty everyone, Dan here just pumping out an update list for everyone.

After the last poll, and the debate I've been getting, I decided not to go with the 317. After much deliberation, I have decided to start on a new-engine server; Most of you may know this as a 474 server.

This was a big decision for me, but after taking a look at it, I think it'll be a great start for Luminace. I'm taking it in slowly, as I'm unfamiliar with the protocol. The update server was new, so I had that sorted out. At this point, clients are logged in. They are rather inefficient though, and they don't save properly. My next updates will be to fix that. I also have rendering done, courtesy of some random source, since I couldn't be assed to do it myself :p

I am currently cleaning up and uploading the client source, so I'll post a download link as soon as it's available, as well as other sources when I can.

Edit: I've patched up the client enough. I tried modifying it so there was no bat file needed, but it doesn't work out so well... Anyways, enjoy

Luminace Downloads:
MegaUpload
MediaFire
RapidShare
Uppit

I hope to be providing you with the best possible experience soon. As the saying goes...

Noblesse Oblige; I pray that you continue to be a savior.
~GhostSnyper

More users will come to the forum because I'm affiliated with Off Topic Forum.

A lot of forums need something to spur growth.

More users will come to the forum because I'm affiliated with Off Topic Forum.

A lot of forums need something to spur growth.

I agree with this , a Private Server is going to gain members, the people who become members on the Private Servers need a place to talk other than the game, so like.. images, donations, reports will all be posted here.

:)

Daniel is one of the top RuneScape private server coders I and alot of others know. Once this gets up the in the air, Off Topic Forum will be full of runefags.

I uploaded the client. As of right now, you can connect to an empty game server with no content. I'm just leaving it online for you guys to see if you can get to the log in screen. Get ready for some more content soon!

Edit: Spending a lot of time optimizing the login process. After testing, I'm finding out that I'm sacrificing a lot of processing time by processing as lightly as possible. Working on static instancing, and caching of data to increase performance.

I'm also working on furthering the database integration by creating a process that creates action objects with the data out of the database. It will increase performance by using maps of the data, and directly accessing the isolated data for that action, rather than searching through thousands of lines of code. So far, my tests have come back with drastic reductions in processing time (one test was 450 times faster than the static, hard-coded method).

Just an update. My lag testing is going great. Although my results aren't acurate with multiple clients, single clients are getting around 6-12ms load times server side. They check in, and pass data, I pass data back, they give me more data, I send data and disconnect basically in 6-12/1000ths of a second. Not bad, I say. Test results are a bit off, as I started like 6 clients at once, and I put my computer over it's memory limit. The lag is caused by my computer paging a couple gigs of client data while loading and processing the server. Still though, it's not bad for all that, plus songbird and msn running in the bg along with my other ****. Looking good, I should finish everything to do with log in tonight, and tomorrow starts the content wars.

213cd4f849a44fa6002d6a8c61f5f1a3.jpg

Just an update. My lag testing is going great. Although my results aren't acurate with multiple clients, single clients are getting around 6-12ms load times server side. They check in, and pass data, I pass data back, they give me more data, I send data and disconnect basically in 6-12/1000ths of a second. Not bad, I say. Test results are a bit off, as I started like 6 clients at once, and I put my computer over it's memory limit. The lag is caused by my computer paging a couple gigs of client data while loading and processing the server. Still though, it's not bad for all that, plus songbird and msn running in the bg along with my other ****. Looking good, I should finish everything to do with log in tonight, and tomorrow starts the content wars.

213cd4f849a44fa6002d6a8c61f5f1a3.jpg

nice GhostSnyper :p i always used to code runescape private servers D:

The server looks to be coming along nicely, and from some of the ideas you're thinking of implementing it sounds like it's going to be one awesome server!

Good luck with the rest of the development. :)

Back