Video game for ol skoolers remember this one..??

Mr X

Space invaders!!! hahahahaha I can't believe I spent countless hours on this game...compared to whats available now..but back then this game was dope.Then it was superceded by Galaga and defender..then Donkey kong(I'm not sure which order...been that long)....brings back a flood of memories.

Well you can play this one online now ...just wait for it to d/l and enjoy hehehehe....it actually sucks now but its a part of video game history!!! ;)
www.spaceinvaders.de/

I never played space invaders but I was ALWAYS a big Galaga fan. And man I used to own in that game.

Even before that, was a game based on star wars. Use the force, Luke.

Space invaders was easy, once you figured the sequence.

That game where you controlled a tiny little triangular spaceship, and giant boulders came strolling towards your ship, and you had to blow them into smaller boulders, and the screen ended up full of small boulders careering around.

That was the **** for a while. You had a "hyperspace" button, to make you disappear, but you had no guarantee of appearing in a better situation than the one you left. That was the **** from the one-dimensional era.

Spent a lot of coins ruling that sucker. :rolleyes:

Outlaw2747 said:
I never played space invaders but I was ALWAYS a big Galaga fan. And man I used to own in that game.

Heheheheh Yeah those were the days..."clocking the game" was what we called it...btw outlaw since the game only allowed three characters for winners to sign off ...what was yours?

Mine was...... "Fuk" Yeah I was real mature back then Mwuhahahaha :D

I almost baught Space ivaders tv hook up for my daughter (that's what I tell peole anyway) the other day. God i loved the early games. I will have to get pong out of the atticthis week. LOL I wish the gun still worked :( . Just put batteries in teh old frogger mini arcade game for my kid. I can still get to level three with my eyes shut. EEEP! That's bad isn't it.

I still have my Atari Pong with flip toggle switches to change between games.

I hooked it up once, to show my sons...

All 3 of them looked at me like I was from another planet and had lost my mind.

Then I told them about my VIC-20 computer!

Mr X said:
Heheheheh Yeah those were the days..."clocking the game" was what we called it...btw outlaw since the game only allowed three characters for winners to sign off ...what was yours?

Mine was...... "Fuk" Yeah I was real mature back then Mwuhahahaha :D

I went by many names whenever I played Galaga. Usually something vulgar or stupid like ASS or DUM. :p

I love video games but not as much as the hubby. He is an addict. I love Halo 2 and Socom. I love war/shooting games but also like things such as CSI..haha yeah i am a dork

Gray~Gal said:
I love video games but not as much as the hubby. He is an addict. I love Halo 2 and Socom. I love war/shooting games but also like things such as CSI..haha yeah i am a dork

Halo 1..was the best...damned games are getting more advanced

..hmmm I wonder how you will do against me on "death match" gray girl????

I'm warning you I'm creative hehehehe

I just luvv girls who luvv video games..your beau is one lucky dude

Outlaw2747 said:
I went by many names whenever I played Galaga. Usually something vulgar or stupid like ASS or DUM. :p

Yeah Outlaw...I went through a lot of names...the problem was ...kids kept copying ya name...it just became pointless

I mean names like "DVS" "KIL" "BOT" "REG" "DMK" "RAD" "MAD" "SIX" etc were frequenly copied by "others" anyways...nice to hear some ol' skoolers

Outlaw2747 said:
BATTLEFIELD 2 and COMMAND AND CONQUER GENERALS: ZERO HOUR!!!

Outlaw...I luv Command and conquer...actually the old version(s)...the original/retaliation/red alert(I like c&c if they kept it conventional warfare)...I have'nt played generals though..

here are my winning stategies diifficulty level:high armies=4 speed=turbo /campaigns

If I am attacked early..especially my harvester...I would sacrifice my harvester...the pursuing units would be led on a wild goose chase leading the enemy away from my base untill I found another enemy base..I would lead my harvester into their compound(despite being attacked by the base ,and harvesters as you know are painfully slow)...untill my pursuers got into a firefight with each other...If I was successfull..I had started a war between the enemy bases...this would buy me more time to build another harvester...and churn out more soldiers and tanks(n.b watch your budget)..I would use dogs to clear more black shroud(the reason was that if you used soldiers...this would trigger the other side to mount an attack clue=It's natural AI response..I will only bother with rocket launcher guys...I would not bother at all with hell/gunships...unless they were transporters....air craft yes...assign their x/o/box/triangle units...where you place the air base is important as....you will notice that they attack at angles...be weary of timing of air attacks...and the next wave...as air craft will only land at any available strip.When you build your base...build a lot of generators..spread them out and far...when you think of defence think this way....you are trying to slow them down get them bog down so you can buy time to whip up a response and concentrate fire...your air craft(migs) can be coordinated to drop their load ...with a unit of shoulder lauched guys...This game is hilarious...if the enemies were at each others throat...I would guage the strength of the offensive and defensive units visually...and if it looked like a weak offensive...I would help them..by co ordinating air strikes on the defensive base (regardless of triple a) and vice versa..hell this was fun

I eventually got tired of this winning strategy...ceased my attacks...built more formidable defenses on my base... built more units..and pill boxes etc etc etc .....turned the T.V off and went to sleep(keep playstation on, with game running though)

I did this to give the other sides time to rebuild :D

hahahaha..I often was surprised when I turned the T.V on...and my base was partially destroyed..but vary minimal damage...If the other side looked like they were'nt going to be much of challenge..I would nuke them..then air strikes...then blitzkrieg attacks(Heinz guderian would have loved this game)..forming my tank units with rocket trucks and infantry...with well timed air strikes taking out obstacles...for my spearheads to surround bases...or even split the spear heads...to take two bases at once(a lot of frantic button pushing)

hmmm I'm getting carried away here...hhahaha yes theres many more stuff..but it's getting late hahahaha :D

Command and conquer acknowledged!!!

Been a while since I have played any other Command and Conquer but you might wanna try out Generals. Very nice, not exactly canon but very intense action. :)

I enjoy that game too. ****, I still play Age of Empires expansion pack.

Strategy is what it all comes down to.

builder said:
I enjoy that game too. ****, I still play Age of Empires expansion pack.

Strategy is what it all comes down to.

Builder you surprise me...I play age of empires too..especially age of kings

I don't really make building catapults a priority..it's those gaddamn arrow machines..and mortar guys that are the most effective...yes I like being outnumbered...but thats separates a real general from an amateur.."Creativity and resourcefulness" a small force..subdueing a bigger..ahhh the satisfaction of winning with odds stacked against you.

Years ago I taught my brother...although he was uninterested in strategy games...he would check up on me now an then...he eventually became curious..as to why I was spending all day on these games...I taught him the basics...informed him on possible strategies and out comes and probabilities of success(critical...watch the AI response of each object..there is a pattern)
Well..I'm a little sorry I taught him...now he enjoys the games I play...and annoys me with requests..to play on my p.c(even when I'm d/l something)

He now has progressed on a game called "rise of nations"..urrrghhh I played it but was'nt impressed..he spends 7-9 hours playing it..I'm waiting for the day he gets his own p.c(yay)

BTW he kills me in deathmatch halo1 and 2 on xbox son of a b!atch!!!

and has formed his own strategies..in C&C/age of empires/rise of nations(quite interesting) :rolleyes:

My son usually gives me pointers and cheats. I like to keep up with my boy's interests.

The only cheat I use for Age of Empires is the one that makes the priests move really fast, and gives them the same invulnerability as fully armed warriors.

I tend to a strategy of religious overthrow. The game is hectic when you have more priests than weapons.

I also set the field to be huge with many small islands. Five foes. I spend a rainy day, maybe once a month, creating a new scenario, and see if my son can sort it out.

Diversions. I like 'em. Command and Conquer is another egg altogether.

builder said:
My son usually gives me pointers and cheats. I like to keep up with my boy's interests.

The only cheat I use for Age of Empires is the one that makes the priests move really fast, and gives them the same invulnerability as fully armed warriors.

I tend to a strategy of religious overthrow. The game is hectic when you have more priests than weapons.

I also set the field to be huge with many small islands. Five foes. I spend a rainy day, maybe once a month, creating a new scenario, and see if my son can sort it out.

Diversions. I like 'em. Command and Conquer is another egg altogether.

hahaha I did'nt know their was cheat for priests/warriors...I only use them behind walls to convert any enemy objects that come near my walls...they really need to be in bunches of ten to survive any onslaught even with protection out side the walls..and of course I have to collect those stupid religious objects and bring them back to the churches..

well i'm giving strategy games a rest..and going rpg again..

You should really try MetalGear solid 1 it forces you to think creatively with what you are given...and if you get stuck with dueling mantis...I found out the hard way that clay more mines and grenades and machine guns were'nt effective...but would you believe it..hand to hand combat scratches head ..or was it both..oh I can't remember..it was that long ago...but I rate this game a 10/10..but thats just me.I originally played the game on playstation..so I was use to the sony controller...but the game has been ported to XBoX may be a lil different controller wise..xbox controllers are really bulky.Well good luck.. :)

RPG's are pretty cool.

As an aside, I love the old Forsaken game. If I need to fully involve myself to create a new headspace, that game is the ****. Old-hat, I know. And quick.

The cheat for the priests is, right click the temple, enter "hoyohoyo" in the chat box. It doesn't work for captured/converted priests.

I just send posses of priests all over the map, and convert buildings to draw fire, then convert the best of the enemy's weapons and turn them on their masters.

The home base is walled and towered, so I just play the tourist, and get them priests happening. With full armour, they can cop direct hits from catapaults, and I set two priests to heal the priests doing the conversions.

A new slant on an old game.

Back