Vivant Security Systems

is this home security stuff? If so there is nto a home security system out there that is not a joke.

It is law in most cities and counties that upon the sound of an alarm on a residential house police cannot be dispatched until the alarm company send an officer out to inspect. Byt this time the crook is long gone and got away with tons.

The only company I am aware of at the time i was doing and getting alarms that could dispatch police direct everywhere was a company called sonitrol

I have mine through Point. Monitronics is who does all the real work for them. I can run my alarm & my thermostat from my phone... I didn't opt for the features of being able to unlock the doors and turn on the lights from my phone.

My buddy has vivint. I just thought it was cool that you could control everything with your cell and get notifications on your cell. It seems to work really well. This is also in Canada so our 911 emergency is a little better by the sounds of things.

Wife loves ours, I hate all the audible **** telling me I opened a food etc.. it makes her feel good though since I'm out of town often.. 450RHQ is right, most cities will not respond to a residential alarm, my city will but if its false it costs me $50 fine. If you want a system or need one, vivint is probably the best option, the phone controls are nice... Especially if your wife leaves the house and leaves the f-ing garage door open..

is this home security stuff? If so there is nto a home security system out there that is not a joke.

It is law in most cities and counties that upon the sound of an alarm on a residential house police cannot be dispatched until the alarm company send an officer out to inspect. Byt this time the crook is long gone and got away with tons.

The only company I am aware of at the time i was doing and getting alarms that could dispatch police direct everywhere was a company called sonitrol

This is total BS. I don't know where you get your information but that my friend is nonsense. I work for an alarm company, and if the alarm is triggered and nobody answers the contact call, the police are immediately dispatched. Also, most alarm systems have video monitoring which makes them very useful. But there is no such thing as sending an officer out to inspect, that's called "responding to the call" which is what you would want from your alarm company!

enough BS dude!

This is total BS. I don't know where you get your information but that my friend is nonsense. I work for an alarm company, and if the alarm is triggered and nobody answers the contact call, the police are immediately dispatched. Also, most alarm systems have video monitoring which makes them very useful. But there is no such thing as sending an officer out to inspect, that's called "responding to the call" which is what you would want from your alarm company!

enough BS dude!

Easy Killer..

enough BS dude!

Wow. wake up on the wrong side of the bed. half of your posts are calling people out. What is up with that:gr_mad:

somebody posted some bullshit about alarm compainies being a total rip off. i work for FE Moran Alarm, i'm a professional alarm installer as well as fire suppressor installation. I know a thing or 2 about alarm companies and what the guy posted was a complete load of BS.

maybe you should google alarm companies cannot dispatch police without a first verification. Times have a changed a bit. Many lawsuits on having to do that..... Not many alarms have video... in fact, less then 1 in 10 do. more have audio recording then video.

Im not an alarm guy, if you were old enough or acted your age you would know that. your in the business now... not ten years ago. Things change a lot. Ryan, your in over your head

Back