Watching good People turn bad..

eisanbt

I've recently had to give up hope on a friend being a good person sadly, and it pisses me off something awful.

When you watch what used to be a good person turn into a total idiot it makes me want to hit many things in such a fashion as to annileate them from existance it makes you want to post on a piss-off site. In this case it is not something drug related or anything of the sort, just a change in personality and behaviour that adds them to the definition of dumb-****.

What say you GF folk, do you get what I'm saying? Any suggestions (outside of doing the everything in my power which i think i've already done) Share a story of whatever. I';m Just being pissed.

Have at it sirs and madames.

eisanbt said:
I've recently had to give up hope on a friend being a good person sadly, and it pisses me off something awful.

When you watch what used to be a good person turn into a total idiot it makes me want to hit many things in such a fashion as to annileate them from existance it makes you want to post on a piss-off site. In this case it is not something drug related or anything of the sort, just a change in personality and behaviour that adds them to the definition of dumb-****.

What say you GF folk, do you get what I'm saying? Any suggestions (outside of doing the everything in my power which i think i've already done) Share a story of whatever. I';m Just being pissed.

Well, this kind of happened to me in reverse a few months ago. A friend of alot of years (I hadn't really spent any time with her and we got together for a few days on vacation) thought I was evil incarnate because I had the audacity to vote for George Bush and have become more conservative. My personality surely has not changed, but I do believe she the victim role really resonates with her and she felt I had turned into an "oppressor".

She kept asking me if I wanted any of her "pills". I guess she had anxiety and depression problems and when I shared that I had gone through those feelings in the past...she couldn't understand why I chose to not go the pharmaceutical route. This kind of started our problems...I think she thought I was looking down upon her. Everything escalated at this point. It was bizarre.

So....maybe she thought my personality changed and I have become an ass. My take on it is that she is unstable, in a miserable marriage, a miserable job and was kind of jealous of my situation.

It freaked me out. But I realize she really thought this was my problem. Very sad. She would sit in the hotel unable to pull herself together, smoking like a chimney, rubbing cream into her face for hours while I went out and saw the sights. Then when we did go out together she freaked out at the crowds.

But in the end...I was the jerk.

So, do you know for sure that you are the one who is in the right in your situation? Just asking. I've gone over the bust up of this friendship a hundred times and pretty much know for certain that it was not my fault.

Well, just my 2 cents. It's sad to loose a friendship.

It has little to do with changing values, I love it when I have friends of different values (so long as they have sense enough to have intelligent understanding of different view points) .

Its just more of her become less and less considerate of those around her. It hasn't even effected me directly but I she her just disregarding others peoples well being, lying and manipulating to fulfill her own self-centered wants. Wither that be breaking somebody elses **** for a laugh or ****ing anybody she so feels like and trying to hide it form all the other good people she's managed to wrangle in. Bah. Anyhow, this was more of a 'get it out' kinda post, but thanks for responding.

eisanbt said:

Are you sure s/he wasn't an idiot to begin with and wised up?

eisanbt said:
It has little to do with changing values, I love it when I have friends of different values (so long as they have sense enough to have intelligent understanding of different view points) .

Its just more of her become less and less considerate of those around her. It hasn't even effected me directly but I she her just disregarding others peoples well being, lying and manipulating to fulfill her own self-centered wants. Wither that be breaking somebody elses **** for a laugh or ****ing anybody she so feels like and trying to hide it form all the other good people she's managed to wrangle in. Bah. Anyhow, this was more of a 'get it out' kinda post, but thanks for responding.

Yep. I like it when my friends have different views. I learn alot.

Sorry you lost your friend. Who knows? She may mature and come around.

Merry Xmas!

Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell said:
Are you sure s/he wasn't an idiot to begin with and wised up?

Not entirly rule out-able, but its definatly been much more prominate as of late. Her idiotacies (which we all have) have just been growing at an exponential rate.

Back