what is a redneck

angie said:
Question...If I like the song "Redneck Woman" by Gretchen Wilson does that automatically make me a redneck? Or just a hypocrite?

Neither. It does show that you differentiate between the two.

This...is a Redneck! :D

Attachments

• 5493a5d431feea5e9a3cff86d01f4ab7.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
THESE are also rednecks

. [imghttp://softclay.com/foto2/images/Elvis - Trucker Pic 5.jpg
[B][Broken External Image][/B]:http://www.gavas.com/A real fart smeller.jpg[/img And this is what we've got four more years of [img]http://thewigley.com/humor.images/redneck.photos/images/redneck.White.House.jpg

Nice picture of the Prez! That sucker isn't a red neck... I know he has mastered screwing up the english language but I do beleive the family is from the North East and he only has a ranch in TX so he can chop brush and apeal to rednecks.

You got to love that rich yankee!

Why do you think the guy with the shotgun in a dirty sweat shirt is a redneck? He looks as though he just returned from a phesant hunt.

Redneck is just the term alocated to the southern U.S.version of the same type of people that can be found ANYWHERE on the ****ing planet. There are ignorant dimwitts everywhere! Everyone likes to paint a nice neat box around a specific group of people to make things easier for them to comprehend but the fact remains, there are undereducated, socially backwards, hygenically "challenged" ****tarts tucked away in just about every part of this floating rock we call home and there is not damn thing one that any amount of bitching is going to do about it. Get the **** over it and see if you can't learn a little bit of something even from these the least of your bretheren........................Beers are starting to get hold of my fingers, be warned. :eek:

Yep, redneck is actually an attitudinal outlook, rather than a way of dressing or disporting oneself. They are ****ing everywhere. I consider rednecks to be way down on the genetic rise of mammals to humans.

In Australia, we have rednecks aplenty. We also have sub-categories, to further differentiate the buggers. Bogans are rednecks of the lowest form. Think trailer trash with loud music and untasteful cars, no dress sense, and an aversion to work.

On the other end of the scale are the wannabe KKK, with monster fourby trucks, with enough spotlights to blind you at 100 yards, and a hunger to harrass anyone who doesn't look or act like they do. Sad ****s.

Attachments

• a9dfc3dbd277a881a3c9bbc4406045ff.jpg
    a9dfc3dbd277a881a3c9bbc4406045ff.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 15
Like it was said, Redneck is a state of mind.
Its what you want it to be. I consider myself a redneck but i DONT live in a trailer, i dont have a pick up truck and i dont do anything odd like anyone mentioned earlier. I am just a Southern Girl who looks at life differently then most and want to raise a large happy family. We look at life similiar then chaotic. Dont classify a name. That would be saying all Yankees are egotistacle bastards who cant think for themselves. But I dont do that... :)
I am proud to be a redneck and like the song goes i got a baby on my hip....

Isn't that more of a Traditionalist/Conservative? But then again, being a redneck and being those goes hand in hand.

And rednecks (in EVERY interpretation) DO exist in places outside the Southern U.S. The term did originate there (as a referral to poor farmers in the south) but they're everywhere in the world.

They aren't envied by myself, since I have numerous bad memories involving rednecks and small towns.

And yes you are a redneck

I know they "exist" outside the south thats just a generalization. Thats just how i define redneck sorry if u see that as a republican also.

i live in bristol connecticut, we have trailer parks, 1940's-1960's cookie cutter suburb houses (mostly what my town is), 1700's-early 1900's houses, projects (that everyone faught against but were still built anyways). we also have businesses and farms scattered around, the farms are disapearing though, it sucks. i dont know if we'd be redneckery, do you?

oh, and i have hundreds of friends, family and relitives in town and im a 4th generation bristol citizen.

no, i dont think im a redneck, blue collored? well, thats what my town is.

but right now bristol connecticut is being run by a jack ass who happens to be my grandfathers cousin, but we all hate him. he kicked old people who happen to know my grandfather, named bugryn (boo-grin) off of their land, he wants to tear down and redo our mall, he spent all this money down town to "beutify it", but the citizens dont care, everyone i talk to thinks mayor couture and his people should be shot. that democrat wasted so many tax dollars on screwing the bugryns, buying the mall, ripping up the downtown and now he wants a new town hall, we have the newest town hall around here, what the f !!!

That ****er who booted people from their land and poured tax money into a ****ing mall is a Democrat? Guess dimocrats are no better than republicanazis these days

sometimes i loose sleep over the bullllllllllllllllllllllllshitttttttttttttttttttttt going on right where i live. but the good news is, it might open some peoples eyes to how very ****ed up politics can be. we all refer to mayor couture as "ceasor" becouse he thinks hes a king. next year during the memorial day parade when mayor couture walks by my house (if people are dumb enough to re-elect him) i will bow down with my hands up in the air and yell, "hail ceasor". that ****ing *****.

Back