What is islam?

LethalFind

Your poll forgot one choice.
I don't care !!!
I want to know nothing more about Muslims then I already do. If they don't like our ways, think we are infidels etc, then go back the **** home.
Enough Said !!!

I have a friend who has a similar world view - to him it's all just too hard and complicated.

He thinks we shouldn't send troops anywhere - ever. He also doesn't think we should express opinions on any other country. He doesn't think we should offer aid to countries either because that can inflame jealousy and claims of imbalance due to location/race/religion/economic interests. He basically thinks that if as a nation we curled up tight into a shell just like a turtle then nothing will harm us and we'll be left to live in peace.

Problem is, there are people that want to show compassion and generosity to people in need. Also we all compete in a global market on a world economic stage, and that in itself causes conflict.

So I'm afraid there's no avoiding these different countries, peoples, religions - they will affect you no matter how much you try and ignore them. This is ESPECIALLY the case with ISLAM where the stated intention is to convert every person and every nation. As the Koran dictates, first you provide the option to convert willingly, and if that's refused then it's jihad on multiple levels - spiritual and physical...and it's the physical that we see happening in New York, Bali, Madrid, London...etc.

It's like cancer - the worst thing you can do is ignore it and just wish it'd go away - early treatment is the best cure.

If MRIH knew what Islam was he wouldn't make a poll about it since it's impossible to fairly judge it with a poll wether you hate it or not. And oh my god, you don't even know what Jihad is? Wow, you can't declare Jihad, It is declared on you.

If you want to know more about Islam the best sites are.
Overall Islam
http://www.islamworld.net/
Mis-conceptions of Islam!! All CLEARED HERE!
http://thetruereligion.org/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=63

"The best jihad is (by) the one who strives against his own self for Allah, The Mighty and Majestic" [3]

In the Qur'an, Allah also says:

"So obey not the disbelievers, but make a great jihad (effort) against them (by preaching) with it (the Qur'an)"
(Surah Al-Furqan 25:52)

Notice how It doesn't call on any killings? Wow MRIH, You have really need to do your research... Regardless if you are Muslim or not.

"Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion, nor drove you out of your homes. Indeed, Allah loves those who deal with equity"
(Surah Al-Mumtahinah 60:8)

So, for example what is the end of a suicide bomber in Palestine?, a leg here, an arm there. Massive retaliation by the Israeli's in the West Bank and Gaza. More Muslims killed and persecuted. How can we be delighted with such an end? What really hammers the final nail in the coffin of this act, is that it is suicide; something which is clearly forbidden in Islam. The Messenger of Allah (saws) said:

"He who kills himself with anything, Allah will torment him with that in the fire of Hell" [8]

Some are under the misconception that by killing oneself for an Islamic cause, one commits an act which deserves Paradise. Once when a man killed himself, the Prophet (saws) said: "He is a dweller of the Fire". When the people were surprised at this, the Prophet (saws) said:

"A person performs the deeds which to the people appears to be the deeds befitting the dweller of Paradise, but he is in fact one of the dwellers of the Fire" [9]

The taking of ones life which Allah has given as a trust to the human, is a great sin. Likewise the taking of other lives (which is so often the case with suicide bombing) is also forbidden, as human life is indeed precious:

"...If anyone killed a person not in retaliation for murder or to spread mischief in the land, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind. And (likewise) if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the whole of mankind"
(Surah Al-Maaida 5:32)

If you read that MRIH... I just have to say... Booya! I chose the first choice because no one else chose it... Of course, I am Islamic, I agree with the religion, just as you or I would if we were Christian or Jewish. Islam loves all people of the book... IT'S THESE DAMNDED TERRORISTS! You can judge Islam, just im sick of the racist and un-educated bullshit that some people like to spread.

A former top aide to Colin Powell says his involvement in the former secretary of state's presentation to the United Nations on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction was "the lowest point" in his life.

Powell's speech, delivered on February 14, 2003, made the case for the war by presenting U.S. intelligence that purported to prove that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. Wilkerson says the information in Powell's presentation initially came from a document he described as "sort of a Chinese menu" that was provided by the White House.

"(Powell) came through the door ... and he had in his hands a sheaf of papers, and he said, 'This is what I've got to present at the United Nations according to the White House, and you need to look at it,'" Wilkerson says in the program. "It was anything but an intelligence document. It was, as some people characterized it later, sort of a Chinese menu from which you could pick and choose."

Wilkerson and Powell spent four days and nights in a CIA conference room with then-Director George Tenet and other top officials trying to ensure the accuracy of the presentation, Wilkerson says.

"There was no way the Secretary of State was going to read off a script about serious matters of intelligence that could lead to war when the script was basically un-sourced," Wilkerson says.

In one dramatic accusation in his speech, Powell showed slides alleging that Saddam had bioweapons labs mounted on trucks that would be almost impossible to find.

"In fact, Secretary Powell was not told that one of the sources he was given as a source of this information had indeed been flagged by the Defense Intelligence Agency as a liar, a fabricator," says David Kay, who served as the CIA's chief weapons inspector in Iraq after the fall of Saddam. That source, an Iraqi defector had never been debriefed by the CIA, was known within the intelligence community as "Curveball."

After searching Iraq for several months across the summer of 2003, Kay began e-mailing Tenet to tell him the WMD evidence was falling apart. At one point, Wilkerson says, Tenet called Powell to tell him the claims about mobile bioweapons labs were apparently not true.

You know how the NY Times wrote a few hundred words about each and every person who died in the attack on the World Trade Center? Suppose the Times were to accord each Iraqi civilian the Coalition kills in the same dignity. Of course the Iraqi victims will be unintended casualties, unlike those who died on 9/11. But, they are predictable unintended casualities, so why not remind us of the price of victory? Why not remind us that an Iraqi father searching for his child in the rubble is no different from my friend who waited for a phone call from his son who worked in the Towers? Are Iraqi lives really not worth the ink? Or our attention?

While the recent terror acts have been committed by Muslims, there is nothing ''Islamic" about them. They are totally antithetical to the fundamental principles of Islam and represent a heretical deviation of the religion. When the 9/11 Commission went out of its way to define terrorism as not just any generic terrorism, but specifically as ''Islamist," this pejorative label, despite the banal niceties of ''Islam being a religion of peace," sent a chilling message to Muslims worldwide that terrorism is a hallmark or prerogative of Islam, or that when committed by other groups it is in some way mitigated by intrinsic extenuating circumstances.

Ironically, it is us Muslims who have the greatest vested interest in eradicating terrorism. We need to do this to salvage our religion and our self-respect. As long as we are marginalized by the West and taunted by the extremists, we are made to feel as if we were part of the problem rather than of the solution, and our commitment becomes ambivalent. If the so-called war on terrorism has any chance of being won, there needs to be an immediate redefinition of the enemy.

This post and the one above this is basically my second argument against Mis-conceptions... My first is the Qur'an, In the famours words of Abraham Lincoln, I cannot change your human nature but I can modify it to some extent... I don't wan't to change your human nature though, I just want to clear your mis-conceptions. You can't define a superset based on a subset's characteristics.

It's interesting that you can basically make anything sound different if you ()'s your implied meaning into it.....

Let's have a little fun!

"So obey not the disbelievers, but make a great jihad (Blood thirsty war on the innocent) against them (by targeting those without defenses) with it (the instruction manual EL gave you on how to saw a man's head off with a Ron Popiel auto-knife)"
(Surah Al-Furqan 25:52)

That was fun! ENCORE... ENCORE

"...If anyone killed a person not in retaliation for murder or to spread mischief in the land, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind (which incidently is exactly what EL wants). And (likewise) if anyone saved a life (by perhaps staying home the day Thousands are to die at the hand of your manifesto), it would be as if he saved the whole of mankind"
(Surah Al-Maaida 5:32)

GLEE ! ! !

I do Children's parties too!

Please send all hatemail in a self addressed envelope to

Fullauto - The Omniscient Eye
PO Box 11234
East Providence RI, 02916

(and all suspicious packages will be sent to the Haj marked 'direct from Allah! Open me for eternal bliss!', So don't try anything sutpid.... Stupid):D

Thats what I mean, terrorists like to dodge the point that the Qu'ran brings up and distort it... Sall good though. You are doing just what the terrorists do in that post,(not sure if you meant it...) just they put it into action... Distorting the sacred words... Good 1. I don't care if it's you, Osama himself, Bush, or the king of Saudi, all these people need a good talking, maybe a slapping for the way they've done things... Of course the rest can get of easy, just not Osama. :)

Edit

Area-51 is to America as Hajj is to Islam. :D

Well, my religion (won't say ;) ) Forbids me to argue over a subject like this if it will make people angry or bring out there bad nature/intentions. I said what I wanted, if I upset you... With all due apologies, I am sorry, but truley, I had to put the truth out there, it's like a leach on your jugular. Don't see me as a terrorist, but as a fellow GF'er. I have absolutely, 100% no intention to hurt anyone with my human nature or religion. Yet it seems otherwise! Regardless if America allowed Islam or not, I wouldn't wish death or any grief upon any of my foes or enemies. Judge me not of what people "like me" have done or said, but judge me of what I have said and my reasons for doing so. Regardless if you follow that motto or not, you're still a human being in my eyes, so I have no right to judge you or categorize you. For example, judge AIG not by what I have said but what she has said, and judge me not by what AIG has said, but what I have said... It's going to be interesting to see what the future unfolds.

Hamza, you are parroting the facts that have been force fed you by the leaders of your religion. Anyone (not just Muslims) who are incapable of answering their questions without being led by a religion is lost to common sense and will never be a real value in life.

You need to be able to stand on your own two feet, if your religion dissappeared tomorrow, who would you be??

I was raised Christian, if they dissappeared tomorrow, I would be the same bitch I am right now, only a little relieved that they won't be coming to my door anymore with pamphlets. Its like there is some central registry for backsliders that has my name on it and every sad ****in act around comes by because they think I haven't heard what they have said...If I had a big dog, I think I would set him loose on them.

Hamza,

You are basically the same lying sack of **** that the rest of the islamic appoligists are. Your pig-**** book (aka, the koran, aka, the q'ran) is chalk full of blood-thirsty death and carnage. The posts are numerous, and for everyone of you ****-bag followers of the pedophile jin-****ing prophet(may piss and excrement be upon him) I have had to post them over and over again.

Do yourself a favor and LEAVE that pig-**** demonic ideology before it is too late...

Contrary to the islamic appologists rantings, I DO NOT hate muslims. but I do in fact hate ISLAM. The world would be so much better off without it!

You're an absolute ****, and your post proves that point entirlely.

You are basically the same lying sack of **** that the rest of the islamic appoligists are. Your pig-**** book (aka, the koran, aka, the q'ran) is chalk full of blood-thirsty death and carnage. The posts are numerous, and for everyone of you ****-bag followers of the pedophile jin-****ing prophet(may piss and excrement be upon him) I have had to post them over and over again.

Do yourself a favor and LEAVE that pig-**** demonic ideology before it is too late...

Contrary to the islamic appologists rantings, I DO NOT hate muslims. but I do in fact hate ISLAM. The world would be so much better off without it!

Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell said:
Hamza,

An unbiased examination of Prophet's life and his marriages to his wives blatantly rejects the notion of his lifestyle fitting that of a paedophile. All his brides were aged widows. The Qu'ran strongly subjects away INCORRECT and man made (partiuclarily western) Hadiths that tell lies about Aisha and Abu Bakr, and Muhammed (PBUH)

You're christian right? Your words and attacks defy Christianity...

I DO NOT hate muslims.

Pfffft... You contradict yourself?

You are basically the same lying sack of **** that the rest of the islamic appoligists are.

I don't attack anyone at all... I have put up a defense for my religion and I get... Well let this be a debate... I hope this won't change any out of this topic relations.

Lethal, with or without these people to this day right now, I would still be a Muslim, but If I was raised in a Christian or Jewish family than of course, I would be in either religion. Islam wasn't forced on me. I could convert for all I care. Our family is Lebanese and it's pretty big. My Uncle is a christian yet the family loves him and he loves us just as if he were a Muslim. Once again, I am not critisizing any of you, only trying to clear mis-conceptions...Yet I am being attacked... Just goes to show you who is wrong.

If you would like to find out about the Prophet Muhammed's great history please visit. http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/mohamed/1424/index.shtml

Hamza123 said:
An unbiased examination of Prophet's life and his marriages to his wives blatantly rejects the notion of his lifestyle fitting that of a paedophile. All his brides were aged widows. The Qu'ran strongly subjects away INCORRECT and man made (partiuclarily western) Hadiths that tell lies about Aisha and Abu Bakr, and Muhammed (PBUH)

I don't attack anyone at all... I have put up a defense for my religion and I get... Well let this be a debate... I hope this won't change any out of this topic relations.

Lethal, with or without these people to this day right now, I would still be a Muslim, but If I was raised in a Christian or Jewish family than of course, I would be in either religion. Islam wasn't forced on me. I could convert for all I care. Our family is Lebanese and it's pretty big. My Uncle is a christian yet the family loves him and he loves us just as if he were a Muslim. Once again, I am not critisizing any of you, only trying to clear mis-conceptions...Yet I am being attacked... Just goes to show you who is wrong.

If you would like to find out about the Prophet Muhammed's great history please visit. http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/mohamed/1424/index.shtml

I am not a Christian. I am not religious. Please think whatever you want of me, I'm a bitch, racist whatever but don't label me with being a Christian.

I also think you need to give up trying to get the general public on this blog sight to have any understanding of the Muslim faith. At this point and maybe forever the wounds are too deep, our men continue to die for nothing. Innocent people by the thousands lost their lives in 9-11. You will not convince us its all OK. Maybe I shouldn't try and speak for other people but I think that the way people post is a pretty good guide to how they feel. I am certainly not saying everyone on here feels that way but those of us that are vocal about how feelings of rage, will continue to feel that way until there is some REAL success in putting down this threat. I do honestly believe until the Islamic Terrorists are handed their hat, they will continue to be a problem. AND of course the perfectly acceptable Muslim familys who secretly think what was done was great, they will have to be put back in their place as well, most likely outside the US and the UK. I don't think our two peoples can co-exist. We have failed to do so, so far, 9-11 made that imposible.
You seem like a nice person, not explosive but we will never co-exist in the real world.

builder said:
You're an absolute ****, and your post proves that point entirlely.
...builder... I do admire you for one thing. You have the ability to post the most absurd and stupid statements, totally unfounded and baseless oppinions, stated as facts. Yet, all of these women here on GF think you're intelligent, cute and witty... This ability is uncanny, and frankly... I'm envoius!

Lethalfind said:
I am not a Christian. I am not religious. Please think whatever you want of me, I'm a bitch, racist whatever but don't label me with being a Christian.

I also think you need to give up trying to get the general public on this blog sight to have any understanding of the Muslim faith. At this point and maybe forever the wounds are too deep, our men continue to die for nothing. Innocent people by the thousands lost their lives in 9-11. You will not convince us its all OK. Maybe I shouldn't try and speak for other people but I think that the way people post is a pretty good guide to how they feel. I am certainly not saying everyone on here feels that way but those of us that are vocal about how feelings of rage, will continue to feel that way until there is some REAL success in putting down this threat. I do honestly believe until the Islamic Terrorists are handed their hat, they will continue to be a problem. AND of course the perfectly acceptable Muslim familys who secretly think what was done was great, they will have to be put back in their place as well, most likely outside the US and the UK. I don't think our two peoples can co-exist. We have failed to do so, so far, 9-11 made that imposible.
You seem like a nice person, not explosive but we will never co-exist in the real world.

I understand. Point fired, point fired-back. It's an on going cycle going no where, perhaps we should let the future answer all the questions, within due time, the truth will be revealed and hopefuly it will satisfy everyone, except the terrorists. Most of my friends are either Christian or have no religion, yet they respect me soley as a person and thats what I ask of people... Yet they decide to do otherwise if they find out you're a Muslim... And for what? I'm not going to eat you.

Hamza123 said:
So Aysha was an aged widow... NOT, you are still a liar! I am not surprised by this since Mohammed(may piss be upon him) worshipped the father of liars (satan)

1) Yes, I am a Christian.
2) My words defy ISLAM you illiterate twit!

More lies from the follower of pedophile lying prophet(may piss be upon him) Where did ever say that I hate muslims? ... I'll tell you, you numb-skull --- NO WHERE!

You still believe in lies, and don't seem to mind lying to us (unless you actually are stupid enough to believe that your pig-**** religion is peaceful).

WRONG AGAIN! butt-head. You are being attacked for your LIES... get it through your thick and islam soaked brain... I am not attacking YOU, only your LIES!

1) Lie#1 Islam is peaceful.. this lie just flies in the face of logic.
2) Lie#2 I contradict myself because I say I don't hate muslims... You don't even know me, you half-wit. Find one post (taken in context) where I say I hate muslims...
3) Lie#3 Aesha was an aged widow when Mohammed(may piss be upon him) molested her... (wasn't she 6) Even your retarded mentor AIG, knew that one!

Stop your fake martyrdom crap... it'll fool that moron builder, but it won't fool anyone with any sense!

Now after you poisoned your mind with that one, you can get the anecdote at this site: Try this one:
http://www.lamblion.com/New08.php

Hameater

All his brides were aged widows.

Please provide more detail here...because every reference I've ever read, including Islamic or Islamic apologist websites state that Aisha/Ayesha was 6 years old when Mohammed married her...and only 9 when he had sex with her for the first time (he was 54 at that time).

So if a 54 year old man having sex with a 9 year old girl isn't paedophilia, then you must have a different definition to mine...

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3310:
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64
Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 65
Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that 'Aisha remained with the Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death)." what you know of the Quran (by heart)'

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 88
Narrated 'Ursa:
The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).

Islam wasn't forced on me.
Was it a free will choice? At what age did you make that choice?

I could convert for all I care.
Only if the muslims you live with ignore the Quran's commandment to kill those who leave Islam.

Our family is Lebanese and it's pretty big. My Uncle is a christian yet the family loves him and he loves us just as if he were a Muslim.
That's common amongst many religions - Jews, Christians, Muslims alike. It happens because people nominate themselves as a religion but don't actually follow it's teachings or believe it's teachings, so they don't really care what religion anyone else is. I call them cultural followers - they claim to be a certain religion because their family was, and the customs related to that religion are adopted as standard practice in the family.

Once again, I am not critisizing any of you, only trying to clear mis-conceptions...

It's good to have you here to clear up any misconceptions - just so long as you are prepared to have some of your misconceptions about Islam corrected also... ;)

cybacaT wrote:
That's common amongst many religions - Jews, Christians, Muslims alike. It happens because people nominate themselves as a religion but don't actually follow it's teachings or believe it's teachings, so they don't really care what religion anyone else is. I call them cultural followers - they claim to be a certain religion because their family was, and the customs related to that religion are adopted as standard practice in the family.

Seventh Day Adventists tear families apart over their beliefs or non-beliefs.

They are Christians too? Yes?

Back