What the hell is WRONG with us?

Asmodai

I'm only on for a second, but honestly... What the **** is happening that the whole country can't get together a little rescue effort? Yes, these people stayed where they were when a hurricane was coming. Though, lots of them probably either couldn't afford to get out or had nowhere to go...

But I'm damn near positive any other country would have sucked it all up and just pulled all those people out of the flooded city. Is it that hard, people? Gets some helicopters and pull the people out. It's our COUNTRY, we should be making sure our people aren't dying when we could be saving them.

As it is, all we're doing is replaying and replaying footage, slapping together TV specials on the devastation and death, and sitting in front of cameras going "Oh my god, it's TERRIBLE, but the american spirit will pull through!" while mothers are shaking their dead children at the grainy cameras in New Orleans.

I don't care if they deserved it, or they're being disorderly. We don't deserve to call ourselves a country if we can't brush aside the beuracracy for a ****ing HURRICANE and keep our own damn people alive.

Sorry for that, and the spelling errors, but I'm REALLY pissed.

I can't imagine the logistics of evacuating a city but I will say that I am confused as to why supplies could not be dropped to people awaitng rescue. Many have died after somehow getting to the very places officials sent them to await rescue that has never come. THAT could easily have been avoided. It's not like it is hard to miss a thousand peole standing ona bridge or outside of the convention center. If a person could not be rescues right then they could have been dropped at least some water and a few MRE's

Im sorry but I disagree I see lots done especially here in Houston and surrounding states. There is only so much WE can do. The Reliant Stadium is packed, Astrodome is packed, Hotels are packed and there are people on the streets, my friend has 60 of his familly and friends staying with him in a 1 bedroom apt. Yesterday I went and bought 100$ of supplies. Its amazing how it seemed to be nothing but I can't afford to give more with the gas prices and electricity. I have to take care of myself and my unborn child. Everybody is going thru hard times right now. The worst is coming to us here in Houston and surrounding areas that are taking all these people that are desperate. Do you have any idea on how crime rate is going to escalate? Honestly Im scared on how all these people are going to react and the decisions they are going to make faced with this situation. I don't know what I would do if I had my familly starving and homeless.
What have you done Asmodai to help these people or do you think bitching and complaining is going to help any?, what actions are you taking in your highschool?
What other country are you talking about? do you remember when el ni

What pisses me off is a Tsunami hits Asia, and we're there right away. A hurricane hits in the UNITED STATES, and people are starving to death. It's pitiful and uncalled for. :mad:

The only post I read on this thread was the last one. It's virtually impossible to starve to death in a week, just so you know!!

If you care to know how I feel about this crap, look HERE :rolleyes:

I didn't say anyone DIED. I said people ARE starving to death. Meaning, they are going to die. Hence the use of the present tense of the word starve. By the way, where are you from? There are people living right here that ARE starving. I'm fairly educated on this matter.

The length of time it takes for someone to starve to death varies from person to person. It depends on their body composition, weight, heart condition, etc. It can take anywhere from several days to several weeks.

This came from a medical site. Now, you're telling me a two or three year old that is extremely sick couldn't die after a week of not eating??

Do we need mention Terri Schaivo to point out how long it takes one to die without food ??

WATER is also a factor.

You could actually survive for quite a while without food, but without WATER you will die much faster.

Terri lived for a LONG time without it, mainly because she was immobile.

Do we need mention Terri Schaivo to point out how long it takes one to die without food ??

WATER is also a factor.

You could actually survive for quite a while without food, but without WATER you will die much faster.

Terri lived for a LONG time without it, mainly because she was immobile.

True, I'm sure some of these people don't have the access to water though. Do you agree on that?

Phreak you are forgettig few things here. Dehydration is quickened in high tempuratures and under stress. These people have been exposed to human waste are are very likely suffereing from various low grade infections at the least. Panic also causes the body to use more energy and dehydrate faster. The terri shiavo comparrison is out of place here

No where to go....everyone has somewhere to go.....its called the road...get your ass a packing and start for the hills. I mean what do expect...hey i have no where to go MAYBE the hurricane will notice that and leave/avoid me.
What BS! Yes i wish they had more water and transportation to get outta that sewage palace of a town but think....we saw katrina, we knew it could hit...hell it could have hit here..And my plan was...pack my kids and move it up north for a while. And NO WHERE TO GO....

And they will walk to the hills only to be blown away by the winds. NO! EVERYONE did NOT have somewhere to go.

well as i was thumbing through this post i just heard on the news in the other room that fidel castro has offered to seend numerous doctors and medical supplies to New Orleans....

That was something i never woulda thought id hear in this crisis..

guess we should rethink those sanctions huh.........

I'm gonna make a 50' X 50' glossy print of my **** and fly it over NO..... anyone want to help offset the cost?

This blog comes direct from a man on the ground in New Orleans, who is sheltering one of the few cops who haven't fled the region.

Interesting first-hand accounts.

Vortex, accepting Castro's help would be wise under the circumstances.

Just goes to show, in a crisis, animosity gets swept into the background.

Gray~Gal said:
No where to go....everyone has somewhere to go.....its called the road...get your ass a packing and start for the hills. I mean what do expect...hey i have no where to go MAYBE the hurricane will notice that and leave/avoid me.
And once they miraculously make it through the 145+mph winds and head off to the "hills" what do they do- live off grass and soil?? ...hmm no maybe they'll be fortunate enough to survive it all and go miles away to a supermarket on foot because the buses blew away..yep that's it..
GET REAL!!

RegisteredAndEducated said:
The only post I read on this thread was the last one. It's virtually impossible to starve to death in a week, just so you know!!

If you care to know how I feel about this crap, look HERE :rolleyes:

THAT IS 100% CORRECT NO STARVING IN 5 DAYS....THIS WHOLE THING IS PISSINGME OFF, BUNCH OF CRY BABY US CITIZENS BLACK AND WHITE WHO DIDNT LISTEN, DIDNT PLAN, LIVE LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW AND RUN UP THER CREDIT CARDS, LIVE THE DISPOSIBLE LIFE, BITCH ABOTU THE GOV. AND NOW WANT UNCLE SAM TO BAIL THEIR ASS' OUT...WELL **** EM, LET THE BIG EASY ROT IN HELL

Back