What was your worst job?

sovikolp

I'm sitting here in my desk, talking to people online.

I used to think working more as a manager, etc, making good money and sleeping less was horrible. Which it was, that's why quit.

now i work like 30 minutes out of 8 hour shift, making a lot less money.

it's easier, but it's no potential, no go sorta job.

Tough choices, work like a cow and make more money that you don't have time to spend, or work less and make less money and have all the time in the world but no money to do anything.

can't seem to find a good medium for it.

I guess it's a lot better then no sleep, more money job. That was pretty bad, with stress and everything.

I wish I had a solution..but..alas, I don't. So, all I can say is that it sucks, but I wish you the best of luck :)

Bleh. I used to work at KFC. Worst. ****. Ever. Well, not the worst, but it was yucky. Not because of the actual work involved (I've had worse working jobs), but it was the people. I quit after like two weeks because the manager didn't seem to like employees who hit back. The manager tried to freakin beat me, and I hit back, and then quit.

My best and worst was working in a photo lab. I enjoyed my work but was taken advantage of. The manager quit a few weeks after I started leaving me as the only employee. He was pissed because I could run the lab by myself but he had to call me in on my days off because he couldn't handle it by himself. I was working seven days a week before he quit, but it was worse after. He just didn't show up one day, and when I called him, he told since I could obviously run the lab better than him I could do it without him (sarcastic of-course). I was considered a part-time employee but I was working 60 to 70 hours a week, doing all of the managerial duties, and training two new employees. All of this within a month of getting the job, with no heath benefits, and $5.75 an hour. They did not bump me up to full time pay until three months after I started working there because they were waiting for my first scheduled raise. That way they wouldn

My worst job was working at a fish fabrication plant back when I was 22 up in Spirit Lake Iowa. I had moved up to Iowa into my aunts house so I was applying EVERYWHERE for a job, well anyway, the first offer that I got was for the fish factory so I took it. It wasn't that the work itself was bad, but when I would get off of work, that smell of fish would just linger on me, I'd wash my cloths TWICE and the smell would still be there.

I worked there for maybe a month before I got a call from another employer in Hartley Iowa at a beef fabrication plant. So I promptly quit that job and went to the Hartley plant as soon as I got the interview, because I knew damn well I'd get hired, and I was sick of smelling like fish !!

phreakwars said:
My worst job was working at a fish fabrication plant back when I was 22 up in Spirit Lake Iowa. I had moved up to Iowa into my aunts house so I was applying EVERYWHERE for a job, well anyway, the first offer that I got was for the fish factory so I took it. It wasn't that the work itself was bad, but when I would get off of work, that smell of fish would just linger on me, I'd wash my cloths TWICE and the smell would still be there.

I worked there for maybe a month before I got a call from another employer in Hartley Iowa at a beef fabrication plant. So I promptly quit that job and went to the Hartley plant as soon as I got the interview, because I knew damn well I'd get hired, and I was sick of smelling like fish !!
I wasn't aware they fabricated fish or beef...

Yes, the fish are eviscerated and scaled, and the meat is cut down into its main components to be shipped to market butchers. On Thursdays we did Kosher beef with the Muslims and a Rabbi inspecting it.

mine was paving parking lots when i was 18. its a lot of fun standing on a paver with the propane burning and 400 degree asphault in the hopper.
one good thing is they let me take a dump truck to get my truck license.

I worked in a warehouse tossing bags of grass seed around all day. It was alright for a little while, then a couple of kids (17, 18-ish) started working there. When there was just one of them, all was good, but then when they were together, they would get going. And what they would do was bang on **** for no reason, prattle some random word ALL day, dance around (we had a sterio- after I finished that job I vowed never to listen to radio EVER again- another story for another time) and make high pitched noises. Yea sure I made a lot of stupid jokes each day there, but these kids wouldn't make jokes. THEY ACTED LIKE THEY TOOK 50 EXTACY PILLS. And on top of it, the job was ridiculously repetitive, and I never seen a single raise for the entire time I worked there. I later learned that people who worked there for almost 20 years were in the poor house quite often. And amongst ALL the co-workers (not just the kids- the adults who were as old as 50) there was enough gossip, trash talk behind the back and bickering that I almost thought I was in highschool or a REALLY bad soap opera.

The working conditions were really close quarters. Most of the time was spent with four people crammed into a room about the size of a small bathroom, and trying to squeeze around eachother while loading a semi trailer with 50 lb bags by hand. And believe me small bags like that in a huge trailer took FOREVER.

I was happy as a pig in **** when I got laid off from that hellhole.

Well, If you would actually consider this a job or not. My first job was when I was 12 years old. I decided since I wasn't old enough to get a real job I'd do the same thing other girls my age were doing. Babysitting. I didn't think it could be that damn hard. I started watching this kid that lived down the street from me. He had ADD, he was on at least 3 different medications for various different things, and he was the most evil little **** I've ever met in my life. I had to get up at 5a.m. every weekend morning, stay there til 5p.m. and I only got paid $10 a day. This kid almost set the house on fire, tried to stab me, and used to try to kill his sister on a daily basis. Needless to say, I quit. I still have migraine headaches to this day because of that kid.

i got one, commercial fishing for my uncle in law who cheats people out of money and is the maddest little Russian i have ever met :eek:

Laying turf. Not only backbreaking, but the sand and fertilizer gets under your fingernails, and they start to rot. :eek:

Well...... This is an interesting one..... And a hard question..... I'd have to say the worst job was, troubleshooting DSL for Bellsouth.... What a horrible job.. There are SO MANY morons out there!!!! I think that people should have to take a course before they are allowed to use a computer!! And then another course before they are allowed to get the internet!!! :eek:

Distant second, cook.... I never minded the people, hell I could handle a waitress (freaky little chicks), but It gets SO DAMN HOT!!! I enjoy cooking, and I really enjoy eating (mmm... food), but I can't stand the 110 degree temp. in the back. I used to hang out in the fridge when i had a break, just so I could cool off.

I worked in a lumber yard way the **** out in the Pacific Northwest for three months. Hated it. ****ing, ****ing hated it. I wanted to throw myself down a chute into the chopper. I wanted to quit, but the hours were good and the pay was not too bad. Still I hated every ****ing second of that droll, yet ass busting job.

Couldn't get fired, either. I was always strung out on coke and couldn't hold a job, but no problems in that damn lumber yard. No. I could piss in the boss' coffee and he'd say "It needed warming up.".

When I moved back home, to good ol' Dixie. I took a **** job at a grocery store while I finished college. Hated that job, too. Partly because I had just quit my coke habit and partly due to the shitty pay and cheap cigarettes.

cynthiaa89 said:
Well, If you would actually consider this a job or not. My first job was when I was 12 years old. I decided since I wasn't old enough to get a real job I'd do the same thing other girls my age were doing. Babysitting. I didn't think it could be that damn hard. I started watching this kid that lived down the street from me. He had ADD, he was on at least 3 different medications for various different things, and he was the most evil little **** I've ever met in my life. I had to get up at 5a.m. every weekend morning, stay there til 5p.m. and I only got paid $10 a day. This kid almost set the house on fire, tried to stab me, and used to try to kill his sister on a daily basis. Needless to say, I quit. I still have migraine headaches to this day because of that kid.

My job sucks. I work at a daycare. The work itself is mindless and easy enough. It's the fact that there is ZERO testosterone to balance out all the goddamn estrogen.
BUT at the same time, every so often I get babysitting jobs. And, being an adult and a professional, I get paid. Very well. I average $20/hr, plus free dinner. And I got an all-day gig end of September for my favorite family. Mom and I are pretty close, and last time they paid me $80. And she says this time she'll pay me REALLY WELL. Sweetness!

My worst one was working at a small (12 people) machine shop in Detroit when I was 20 (I'm 36 now). It was kind of cool in some ways but for the most part, it sucked ass. I made $133 for 44 hours a week and would come out of there at the end of the day black as the ace of spades. It made it even worse that I was a newbie and got all of the **** work. Worked there for about 6 months until I found a better job.

I'd have to say the worst job was, troubleshooting DSL for Bellsouth.... What a horrible job.. There are SO MANY morons out there!!!!

How funny is that? That's what I do for Comcast.

Back