What's on your playlist?

skategreen

So what are we listening to these days kids?

It doesn't have to be on the pod...which 8 track is in the deck? What LP spins in the background? What CD blares from the cd drive?

(I thought this would be a good title for a google search - nod to Phreak and his Rule the World plans)

I listen to a lot of music... 5 hour commutes thrice weekly coupled with the 5-6 miles I do at the gym each day (for cardiovascular health and a great ass) give me plenty of time to hobby horse a song list to death.

Lately I've been back to
Paul Simon - Negotiations and Love Songs
New Rob Thomas CD
Blue Rodeo
Tragically Hip
Country Story Songs (Battle of New Orleans ):)
Creedence Cleawater
Raffi (Bananaphone, an all time favorite)
Sly & the Family Stone
Louis Armstrong
ZZ Top

and for that last 1/2 mile..to get me through...it's gotta be Crosby Stills, "Four Dead in Ohio". ... it also seems to fit what with our politcal climate...

So what's on your playlist?

Well, lets see.... Hmm... Ah yes... I have about 20 gigs worth of stolen mp3's, so my playlist is pretty huge..

I usually load the songs up in winamp, and set them to random and just let it play, I can go for at least 3 weeks without playing the same song twice, So what's YOUR flavor ?? I have a little of everything..

Listening to Nirvana-Lithium as I type this... oops, it just changed to Milli Vanilli - Blame it on the rain....OK, I didn't say the music collection I have was cool.:rolleyes:

OK, so I skipped that track and went to some Alicia Keys - Fallin.mp3

And here's a clue for some of ya, if you want the ULTIMATE collection of Duran Duran tracks, I have ALL OF THEM... B-sides, remixes, etc.. My fav is the Junior Vasquez mix of "WHITE LINES".

phreakwars said:
Well, lets see.... Hmm... Ah yes... I have about 20 gigs worth of stolen mp3's, so my playlist is pretty huge..

I usually load the songs up in winamp, and set them to random and just let it play, I can go for at least 3 weeks without playing the same song twice, So what's YOUR flavor ?? I have a little of everything..

Listening to Nirvana-Lithium as I type this... oops, it just changed to Milli Vanilli - Blame it on the rain....OK, I didn't say the music collection I have was cool.:rolleyes:

Well I can put like 2000 mp3s on a DVD-R. My car plays em fine. Lots of Hendrix ,NOFX ,and SlipKnot latly.

godsmack
korn
system of a down
Weird Al Yankovic
unwritten law
tool
AC/DC
Metallica
Rob Zombie
tom petty
limp bizkit
linkin park
megadeath
nirvana
eminem
the offspring
Ozzy Osbourne
Rage Against The Machine
gorillaz
Black Sabbath
Kid Rock
Guns N Roses
Disturbed
Adam Sandler
White Stripes

just a few, I'm working on 'borrowing' more soon

Hmm...this could be a long list..
Metallica
Def Leppard
Carlos Mencia
Ron White
Chevelle
Dropkick Murphys
Disturbed
Sarah McLachlan
Tim McGraw
Johnny Cash
A Perfect Circle
Tool
The Clash
That's all I can think of at the moment...Still working on my first cup of coffee.

I know they're old hat, but did the Hoodoo Gurus get much air time in the states?

I still play Highway to Hell by the original ACDC with Bon Scott belting out the lead.

The Cars get a run. As do the Animals.

Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. Manfred Mann and even cringe Uriah Heap.

:eek:

Sorry kids, but hip-hop is a rerun. I'm sick of reruns. I like the originals. :D

hhmmm most recently.....

U2
Daniel Lanois
Hot nuts
Sarah McGlaughlin (sp??)
CCR
PP&M
Indigo Girls
Teegan and Sarah
Dead can dance
Gabriel
Matheny
King Crimson (THRACK)
California Guitar Trio
Drak and Josh (for my kid)
Queen
The Band
Robbie Robertson
R Carlos Nakai
and a few others

phreakwars said:
I just have an mp3 player in my car, I can play them in DVD-R in my minivan though.

So you said your mp3 plug up/drive will hold 20 gigs man? Dose it interface with a car cd player? Or do you just do the same thing everyone is doing right now with the 2000 file 4.7 gig dvd+rs'???

Tizz, if you like Dead Can Dance, you'd probably enjoy Loreena McKennit (if you already don't but I didn't see her on your list so thought I would mention it.)
My fav album by her is 'Book of Secrets'. Oh and the Cheiftans too.

phreakwars said:
I burn my own CD's/DVD's, transfering via USB/Firewire port is a pain in the ass.

I have this one: http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2004/130/x130DEHP370-f.jpeg

Pioneer DEH-P3700MP

I see that player has \wma support. I really want one . I have 2 plasma screens I want to mount to my car . I can't really afford the cd/dvd player right now. But thats not the hard part . I'm not looking forward to wiring all that out via RCA cables and fiber optic. Good luck with that cd/dvd unit. Let me know how the install gose. lol

It's been installed for quite some time, it was a snap, I used to install car stereo's at the local stereo outlet years ago.

hmm, since I have a pile of songs on my ipod, i'll just do the next 10 upcoming artists.

1. Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
2. Jan A.P. Kaczmarek - Minor Piano Variation
3. Dave Koz - Saxman
4. Weird Al Yankovich - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
5. Dr. Hook (and the Medicines, hee!) - Who the **** is Alice?
6. Glenn Miller - In the Mood
7. Benny Goodman - Sing, Sing, Sing
8. Rush - YYZ
9. C.C.R. - Joy to the World
10. Stray Cats - Stray Cat Strut

:D

Project Pitchfork
Metallica
Blutengel
KMFDM
Assemblage 23
Alice Cooper
Dio
Ozzy Osbourne
Wumpscutt
Skinny Puppy
Velvet Acid Christ
Reccon with one
Sister Machine Gun
Killer Dwarfs
Gwar
Iron Maiden
Frontline Assembly
Front 242
Rammstein

Here's my list Pt. II now that I'm actually conscious!

Pink Floyd
Gretchen Wilson
Ludacris
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Misfits
Slipknot
Taproot
The Cult
Velvet Revolver
Sublime
Stone Temple Pilots
Sick of it All