What's on your playlist?

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! "Numa Numa." My younger brother recently discovered that damn song and he won't quit listening to it. What the HELL language is that damn song in?

I looked up the lyrics and I went to one of those translating websites because I recognized some of it to be French. I found like 10 different languages all together.....

I don't know if it was just the website I was using, or if that song is actually made up of that many different languages.

cynthiaa89 said:
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! "Numa Numa." My younger brother recently discovered that damn song and he won't quit listening to it. What the HELL language is that damn song in?

I looked up the lyrics and I went to one of those translating websites because I recognized some of it to be French. I found like 10 different languages all together.....

I don't know if it was just the website I was using, or if that song is actually made up of that many different languages.

Dragostea Din tei is Romanian. First performed by Ozone and then Haiducci. Then modified into countless versions and even parodies by either them or alot of other artists.

What I find most interesting about the whole mp3 thing, is the reason it is so rampant to steal music is because the RIAA and other companys created the frenzy themselves.

Like I said, I have been downloading music for almost 10 years now. I started out and continue to get my music, from the place where song swapping started, on mIRC.

And I can honestly say I do not now, nor have I ever sold a CD compilation I have burned. but then one needs to think, that ME being able to do this would mean I was given the tools to do it with... A computer, a blank CD, and free software.

OK, so fair enough, if I'm not using my burner for it's intended legal use, I am violating copyright laws.

Now, what if I don't HAVE a CD-burner ?? what if I download my music from a workstation PC or say my sons PC, which does not have a burner, he's only 6 and doesn't have a need for one.

So OK, the music is now stationary on a designated machine, and it is NOT being distributed to anybody except myself.

Now this brings an interesting question...

Why are blank audio CD's sold of 50 pack cakes ??

Why was the iPod invented ??

Why did Sony, the company bitching about mp3's, build a car stereo that plays them ??

If they wouldn't have done that, then I would have no other means of listening to my music that I have downloaded except to limit myself to around 20 songs per blank cd in regular format..

Instead I am given the option of storing THOUSANDS of songs on 1 disk, compressed into a different format, which by the way, I should not be using unless I have the owners permission to listen to there song in mp3 format for free.

Yet, I don't need their permission to listen to this same song on the radio for free ??

No, I'm sorry, but when "ARTISTS" like Cowboy Troy decide to ALSO sing about downloading music and the record industry approves of this by allowing him to say it in a song...then they are not bullshitting me for a second.

Cowboy Troy said:
All over the World Wide Web you'll see that low CDP on that MP3,

For the amount of money that "SONY" loses in people stealing music from their artist, they are gaining back multiple times over in the people that buy their products in which to play said MP3's

So they all should just shut the **** up and leave mp3 downloaders alone.

Take for instance NICKELBACK. I am the kind of person who does NOT listen to the radio, and I rarely watch television.

I discovered Nickelback by going to Sony's website. I liked what I heard, downloaded their music on mp3, and decided I would support them because I felt they had talent, so I BOUGHT their CD Silver Side Up.

If it had not been for the free mp3 format I would never have known about the artists music in the first place.

And so what if I now have their music on my hard drive. It's archived away and played at random just like any free radio station does, and it's never given to someone else... they have there OWN PC to download ****.

Alice Cooper--"School's Out"
KISS--"Rock & Roll All Nite"
Alice Cooper--"Poison"
Alice Cooper--"Feed My Frankenstein"
Alice Cooper--"Wind-Up Toy"
Alice Cooper--"The Man Behind The Mask"
KISS--"Detroit, Rock City"
Any of the "Star Trek" movie soundtracks.
ZZ Top--"Gimme All Your Lovin'"
ZZ Top--"Sharp Dressed Man"
ZZ Top--"Rough Boy"
The Charlie Daniels Band--"The Devil Went Down to Georgia"
The Charlie Daniels Band--"The Legend of Wooley Swamp"
And a lot more.
:D

Back