Whats up with the ads?

Lonely_darkness

I have been on like 7 other vbulletin forums but this the first one I have ever seen with ads. Why is it that it has ads? It is supremely annoying.

Well, weve always had ads. Since we are not the official LP Forums and our owner is not an endless source of cash, ads are needed to help pay for the upkeep of the site. The domain, the hosting space, that kind of stuff. Ads can also change depending on which ones pay out the most for each click that one recieves. More clicks = More cash for the owner to put into the upkeep of the site. So click the ads when you can. ;)

Now the ads have not always been a big box in the first post like they are currently. They used to be in the sig of the 1st and 11th post on the page. Before that when Qwest was the owner, they were at the top of the page and below the first post. And even before that when ATLien was the owner, they were at the top and bottem of the page. It all really depends on where the owner wants to put them, depending on where they think that the ads will get the most clicks.

Coredump (our resident owner) is currently experimenting with placement of the ads, so they may move around.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Ahhh... ya I was told that vbulletin is expensive. I was asking about it cause I wanted to upgrade my forum. hmmm... So its only if you click the ads that they get money? Okies I will click them as much as I can then ^^

UnhingedMouse0 thanks for the explanation but please refrain from asking people to click ads as it's against terms of ad brokers ;)

Lonely_darkness said:
Okies I will click them as much as I can then ^^
Thanks for your willingness to help but please do not if you are not interested in ads content ;)

i dont know whether it is just my computer, or if every1 can see it, but why is there always an add next to all my post and no1 elses

It does not stick to anybody's post. It sticks just to every 1st, 11th etc post in the thread

*groan* Now there's ads in the actual forums, underneath the first 2 threads. So annoying.. meh, they're helping keep the site alive though, so that's good.

Back