Who ARE You?

Gentilhomme

This question coming for a guy who duel minded so forgive me if i make some assumptions based on myself as to how your mind works but...

Who is the real you? It seems that the mind is usually split into 2 warring (but sometimes co-operative) factions. The rational and the emotional. Pending on who you are these 2 mind sets will differ as to which is usually running in your day to day life (Most likly rational as it is the function part. Turn the knob-open the door etc..) Or maybe you're more emotional and react to things in a high-low type manner.(YUMMY CHOCoLATE!! OH NO< I DROPPED IT!!!! dies ) And much of the time they can also work to keep eachother in check, using logic so emotion dosn't overwhelm you or emotion keeping you from doing someting very 'cold logic'

What i'm wondering is which of these sides do you think makes up the real you? The quick anwser would be that the work together to form 'John Q' or maybe there is something stemming form religion, a spirt or something of the like, and that is who you are. Or, hopfully, you have some an opinion that i havn't htought of. S'all good.

Personally i'ld like to say that my ratinoal side is who i am however i am rational enough to know that during times of crises it is emotion that takes over and has the power, but then again rationality can help keep it in check. In anycase i'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter. Go at it. :)

The name of the topic should have been "who do you THINK you are".

Saying what you are as a matter of fact statement will never fly with me. People have a delusion about themselves all the time. The only people who can answer a question like that are the people you expose yourself to all the time.

When I'm not being the Phreakwars persona, I do a lot of charity work for my community, I educate my children constantly, I tease my wife with smart ass remarks a lot, I'm usually very sacastic grumpy, but never violent. I sleep very very little, I hate generally ANYBODY who is a capitalist, and I have suffered severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for well over 8 years now, which I deal with, without medication (don't believe in medicating for mental probs).... I walk alot.. Rationalizing a lot about my life and coming to terms with anything that never went the way I wanted it to. And accepting that I have no control over things that have already happened... It beats prayer.

I like plenty of conversation as long as its intellectually challenging. Idle chit chat pisses me off.

I like to educate myself, but not to show off or move ahead, but because I like to learn and know things, but as for who I am... hell your guess is as good as mine, and its only a matter of opinion.

But in MY honest opinion, I fit in VERY WELL on here... I hate almost everything about our world, and wish someone would ****ing nuke us all. What helps me out, is convincing others we SHOULDN'T all die....I sleep better at night when I can bitch about something important to someone else, when the reality is, I could give a **** less otherwise..

So that makes me a sadistic, self serving, sarcastic mother ****er. Next question please...
.'

Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell said:
You are schizophrenic, man!
Not schizo but close i just run on 2 trains of thought. I don't hear voice (anymore :) ), but thats my problem and like Phreak, i don't believe in mind meds. Although i run instead of walk. And also rationalize my shite, trying to realize that the past is the past etc, so you an't alone there Phreak. (Though i've been at it for a good 12 years so i'm one upping you :p ) <-Light hearted, obviously.

And as for the post, yah. the title may have been a little exact but i'm you can figure it out, i just want to debate wither you (Think) people are more rationaly based or emotional based. Since we are pretty fukn complexe i thought it better to get ppl to discuss it form their personal experince as a human rather then make assumptions of others and maybe form this collective information we could drawsome common conclusion pretaining to the big question of What is Human (or human experience atleast)

I have found that medications that are used to alter the mind...AND I HAVE BEEN ON MANY.... tend to take something away from an individual that makes them the person that they are.... Oh sure you could argue that your helping an ADA kid, or some other kind of mental problem that some of us face by dosing one up with these mind altering drugs. But I feel TRAUMA and FEAR are a necessity of life, Whether its by medication, or by doing street drugs, any time you introduce a mind altering/mood altering drug into your body, the end result is you always lose more of what you were trying to get back.

Suicidal thoughts come back even harder, pain and grief are also more intense, but the worst part, is a chemical that was put into your body, does not allow you to do what you NEED to do, just BREAK DOWN !!

We all need a good breakdown every now and then, it humbles us.

We all lead our lives being disillusioned by a dream of being immortal and superior to everyone else. We have difficulties in life when we push our own ideals onto another group with totally opposite views.

The GF experience, is an experiment of the minds that we have conducted to rationalize other humans ideals.

The best candidates to rationalize with, are the ones who let the realities of there life make them angry. Here at GF, we either find that persons rationale and they integrate into our little BLOG group, or they simply make fools of themselves because of unrealistic notions of grandeur about who they are and what they believe. These people usually just leave GF.

Slowly the member collective of this site has changed to those who can THINK and RATIONALIZE even about things they were once misguided about.

This comes from learning about others reasoning's of hatred.

Trust me when I tell you, GF is 10 steps ahead of you and how you might think the logic and the chaos of this web board can be utilized.

We have known the potential for quite some time, it will just be a long process before GF can evolve into where we want it to be.

It all starts by screening members for those who know how to THINK FOR THEMSELVES, regardless of what they believe. It might piss off others by letting that Muslim, or fag, or whoever in to have there say, but in the long run, we all intergrate well as a whole group in the art of linguistics.

Here are my thoughts on rational and emotional mindset and how they play in men. Men are rational creatures but at puberty and persisting on until sexual drive is lowered they rationalize much of their life with hormones driven by emotions of desire, or in other words their brain moves south.

Women, on the other hand are rational and emotional, perhaps you could reverse the precedence since they are less prone to hormones. Women mature earlier than men and are driven to reproduce and provide love and understanding for their children. Women have vision; perhaps spurred on by their moms learning early on they are marketable in a short window of time. They concede they must attract the mate best suited to be father to their children and husband long after the window of lust and beauty is replaced by the new model that comes out every year.

Almost all actions of men are driven by availability of satisfying sex. If the partner meets the needs he just can

Back