who do religious rights aply to anyway?

I am not for circumscision either. But at least a man is not stripped of that which creates climax. Though comparable the two are not quite the same. I personally would not do either to my child though I wuld be inclined to allow teh father decide on teh circumscion thing.

fullauto said:
excuse me... if a vodoo practisioner wanted to drain my blood... I thought you would be above defensiveness...
I apologize if in my sixteen years of life I have not learned every aspect of my religion.

Master_Jaffer said:
I apologize if in my sixteen years of life I have not learned every aspect of my religion.
Even though I know that was a sarcastic remark from you, if it was a sincere gesture, then you would still not need to apoligize. This type of reasoning is acceptable, its the ones who DO think they know it all that are annoying.

In a Christian world, we call them "BIBLE THUMPERS",I.E. George W. Bush.

They tend to piss off not only Athiests, but CHRISTIANS as well.. .

Female circumcision and male circumcision are completely different things.

Male circumcision makes infection in that area much less likely, and is thus a good health benefit. Also, unlike female "circumcision", they aren't removing an entire functioning component.

What these assholes do to little girls is actually take a whole working component of their genitalia out. It would be like whacking off the end of a penis on the males, instead of an outer layer of skin. Some of the other details also make it so that these girls are more prone to infections (despite what the ignorant ****s are intending), and have more difficulty giving birth. That, and they can't enjoy sex not only because some of the most sensitive areas are removed, but because their **** is all scarred up. It can even be painful because of this.

It's just another way to dominate women in a primitive culture, and it makes me sick to my stomach just thinking this **** goes on unchecked. I think I wouldn't be safe to be around for any ****stick who thinks he can do something like that.

phreakwars said:
Even though I know that was a sarcastic remark from you, if it was a sincere gesture, then you would still not need to apoligize. This type of reasoning is acceptable, its the ones who DO think they know it all that are annoying.

In a Christian world, we call them "BIBLE THUMPERS",I.E. George W. Bush.

They tend to piss off not only Athiests, but CHRISTIANS as well.. .

In the Dirty South, we call them holy rollers.

fullauto said:
excuse me... if a vodoo practisioner wanted to drain my blood... I thought you would be above defensiveness...

How much do you actually know about voodoo practisioners though?

You, being a Satanist, should appreciate how frustrating it can be when your belief system is misenterpreted by 9 outta 10 people.

OK here is a quick religion lesson.
Voodoo practitioners DO sacrifice animals, but NOT humans. Not much different from american slaughtering houses so we can eat. They view it as a gift to the gods.
http://www.npr.org/programs/re/archivesdate/2004/feb/voodoo/
The rituals of voodoo are as elaborate as those for any Western church -- learning secret, sacred languages, dances and diets are part of the initiation for voodoo priests. Central to the belief is offerings to the gods, in the form of animal sacrifices. Human sacrifices in West Africa ended more than a century ago.
Different religions/cultures in Africa, South America, and Europe at some point in history all practiced it. Then someone finally figured out its barbaric and gave it up.

Master_Jaffer said:
Actually I was wrong about being wrong.

A CULTURAL right is not a RELIGIOUS right.
I'm certain that if Mohammed (PBUH) cut off the clitoris or liable lips of his daughter (I'm not too certain about the female anatomy, so please correct me,) it'd be recorded in a hadith and written as sunnah, but it isn't.

The culture of voodoo is actually extremely interesting and beautiful. It is mostly based on using the powers of nature and spirits to conjure up good for others.

It is pretty cool. My family is from Cuba and some of them practice Santeria. Scary enough, the traditional spells we use around the house work. Every time. It is creepy!

OMG I think Santeria is amazing!!! Though I don't believe it myself it is amazing to read about! I can't imagine witnessing it up close. Some really wier **** there but absolutely oneof the most intriguing retualistic religions out there

I didn't get to see any of the weird ****. Just the normal candle lighting and chants and spells. My uncle goes a few times a year to see his Santero.

I believe in the seperation of the church and state! I also strongly believe that all religions should be treated equally by law no matter how not mainstreme it may be! Only giving freedom to mainstreme religions is not freedom of religion. We should celebrate diversity! :)

But what if a religion is obviously dangerous to the members or others? Does it still deserve teh same freedom?

tizz said:
But what if a religion is obviously dangerous to the members or others? Does it still deserve teh same freedom?

As long as they don't hurt others in the process of practicing the religion then they should be treated the same as Christianity.

Morfos said:
As long as they don't hurt others in the process of practicing the religion then they should be treated the same as Christianity.

I agree except that i think all religions should simply be treated as groups of like minded people and nothing more nothing less. I personally regard christianity pretty low on teh scale so I have to group it all together

My reply to this thread is colored by the fact that I'm a female and live in the United States. I don't care what they think their cultural and or religious rights are, its against the law in the US to mutilate woman in this fashion. Religious/cultural freedom can't be used as a catch all for all manner of torture. I might not be able to do much to help the suppressed, physically abused and mutilated woman in other countries but here in the US, thats a whole other story. These people are worse then sex offenders, the mutiliation is irreversable.
I feel the US is being pushed too far and the factions pushing us need to get a clue before we turn their world upside down. We will only tolerate so much.
One of our politicians is talking of blowing Mecca to kingdom come...Thats pretty serious ****, god knows we have the fire power.
I want every sicko thinking they need to mutilate woman, subjegate them, get their point across by bombing innocent people, to start looking over their shoulder. Its only a matter of time before it all comes back to them and they will wonder what they were thinking. These people are arrogant in the extreme if they think they can affect positive change (drawing people to their beliefs by doing these things). The world hates them !!!

envelope tear

...and the award for "Best Use of Run-on Sentences" goes to.... (drum roll followed by a pause and a brief hush)... Lethalfind!

Back