Who killed the electric car ??

I saw a story about this. How people would bring their cars in after receiving a notice about a recall. Than their cars were confiscated and junked. Apparently deemed as hazardous. Seems to me the greatest hazard posed was to the profit margin of our beloved oil companies.

Give it a few decades and we'll all be riding bikes like the Chinese.

When an all-electric car is in a wreck, the EMT/Paramedic/Police/Bystander/Fire DPT. People are not allowed to approach until HAZMAT arrives and clears the wreck. EVEN IF PEOPLE ARE INSIDE THE CAR! So, if you rolled your car, you could die from blood loss because HAZMAT took a little longer than the ambulance. GM did not want that kind of a reputation, so they junked the project. Also, the car was stupid impractical, there were almost no places to charge it up across the country, and not a single one in Alaska and similar states, so sales would have been very limited, it was not just some damn 'oil company and big profit' conspiracy like all the hippies want to think everything is.
Now I'm not saying alternate fuel is bad, but some of the **** people come out with is deadly crazy.

If you want a good gas efficient car that minimizes pollution, look into the new GMC trucks that are in the works, they charge the battery through inertia when you slow down (like the shakeable emergency flashlights for a layman's term comparison) and the bed of the truck has electrical outlets, the best tailgate party truck ever. :D

but until that hits the market, I'm sticking with a Chevrolet or dodge truck that could pull a house and still gets 35MPG highway ;)

Do not ruin my illusion, M60. I enjoy subscribing to a few nutty conspiracies from time to time. You're a real downer.

smutt butt said:
I'll stick with my gas guzzlin truck and car.

Me too my F250 V-10 keeps the Arabs in Rolls Royce's. At a hwy of 12 to 14 and a city of 10 to 12, and keep in mind when i hook up to a 24' goose neck we can drop those about 2 mpg. So hell with electric keep the pipe line running.

WE killed the electric car!

pure and simple... this is a supply and demand economy... We have no one else to blame but ourselves...

tiredofwhiners said:
Me too my F250 V-10 keeps the Arabs in Rolls Royce's. At a hwy of 12 to 14 and a city of 10 to 12, and keep in mind when i hook up to a 24' goose neck we can drop those about 2 mpg. So hell with electric keep the pipe line running.

my truck gets 10-11 and the car gets about 10.

News Flash: in a few years gas prices will go down due to the oil fields of Russia opening up to the world market, currently Russia does not have the ability to extract the oil, but companies such as BP, Conico Phillips, and sluberger are working on relations with the Russian government to establish drilling sites and to bid for contracts to train Russian oil crews.

Russia currently has the largest known oil fields in the world, once tapped oil, and subsequently, gas prices will drop drastically, negating the 'crisis at the pump' everyone is bitching about.

Till then... Buy lots of gas, it pays for my hobbies :D

Msixty said:
News Flash: in a few years gas prices will go down due to the oil fields of Russia opening up to the world market, currently Russia does not have the ability to extract the oil, but companies such as BP, Conico Phillips, and sluberger are working on relations with the Russian government to establish drilling sites and to bid for contracts to train Russian oil crews.

Russia currently has the largest known oil fields in the world, once tapped oil, and subsequently, gas prices will drop drastically, negating the 'crisis at the pump' everyone is bitching about.

Till then... Buy lots of gas, it pays for my hobbies :D

**** Russia and **** their oil and **** "Big Oil".

This country, due to it's size and level of technology, needs to become energy independent. Sure I love my '68 GTO, but I'd gladly dump the money into it to convert the son-of-a-bitch to ethanol to save the country from foreign oil.

ParasiteGod said:
I like how the prices went down during elections, but then shot right back up afterwards. That was funny.

I saw that coming ten miles away. It wasn't funny, but oh-so predictable.

smutt butt said:
my truck gets 10-11 and the car gets about 10.

My Tundra gets about 13-15 miles per gallon, the Karmann Ghia gets about 15-20 a gallon, and my candy apple red '68 Pontiac GTO with the rebuilt stock 350 gets like 7-9 a gallon.

My brother and I are going in halves on a '66 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible.

RoyalOrleans said:
My Tundra gets about 13-15 miles per gallon, the Karmann Ghia gets about 15-20 a gallon, and my candy apple red '68 Pontiac GTO with the rebuilt stock 350 gets like 7-9 a gallon.

My brother and I are going in halves on a '66 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible.

So if you end up with the passenger half, do you still split gas 50/50. Because if you can't get a break on gas, i'd fight for the drivers side. But on the other hand how about repairs splitting or if you have the drivers side you pay for repairs? So many questions i really need to be more busy.

Back