Why are they country?

NASCAR JUNKIE

COWBOY TROY- I don't know about you folks. But i'm a huge fan of traditional country music and i've been really pissed off to here about this guy mixing rap with country. I don't even know why they even classified him as country. The son of a bitch is a disgrace to great music like cw.

BIG & RICH- These dudes are just as bad. They even were the ones that found cowshit troy. They also call thier little music group Music Mafia and say that it's country music with out prejudice. Basically they're trying to say that the old country legends are a bunch of racists.

KEITH URBAN- A contemporery singer that looks like a woman with mens clothes on.

I guess they are just trying to collaborate different genres of music. If it sounds good and brings in the money, they'll do it. As long as it don't go overboard...

You guys are just afraid of change. Think about how country music was in the 60s and 70s....with patsy cline and Hank williams. I mean its changes ALOT and just because some adds a little different beat into it yall hate it.
I love Cowboy Troy esp his new ballad...And Tim Mcgraw and Nelly..I LOVE THAT SONG...its a good mix its like updated country dont get me wrong i love george straight and many many more even Keith Urban with his split ends like my husband says but you just have to adjust cause its not gonna stop.

talking about kid rock?

i like his music, and i see nothing wrong with it, your beloved country wont die out just because one guy ****s around with different ways of doing music, calm the **** down.

NASCAR JUNKIE said:
COWBOY TROY- I don't know about you folks. But i'm a huge fan of traditional country music and i've been really pissed off to here about this guy mixing rap with country. I don't even know why they even classified him as country. The son of a bitch is a disgrace to great music like cw.

BIG & RICH- These dudes are just as bad. They even were the ones that found cowshit troy. They also call thier little music group Music Mafia and say that it's country music with out prejudice. Basically they're trying to say that the old country legends are a bunch of racists.

KEITH URBAN- A contemporery singer that looks like a woman with mens clothes on.

Problem solved..just categorise the new style as "C+rap" genre..

[C]ountry and [rap] infusion...reminds me of what coolio was trying to do..

.."Just da good ol'boy's...never meanin no harm..."~ W.Jennings

plays banjo riff

Hip-Hop/Rap (its the same damn thing) and Country are the 2 genres of music i cannot stand........

it has nothing to do with the validity of them........it has to do what i relate too....

and i cannot relate to being afraid of going to jail......or getting a cap busted in my side on a drive by..........or being overly sad about some "chick" who likes the way another guy cattle drives or does at a rodeo.......

i just cannot relate.......sorry.....

i just relate to the happy europop and i realize that is not the mainstream nor do i care who agrees or disagrees with me

music is a personal choice on what you relate to.........

it always will be.....

for me the fusion of the 2 doenst affect me because i listen to neither.......so let them fuse i say...let them :) i wont hear it!

Did anyone get into the Violent Femmes? Milwaulkie band, I think.

Their foray into country, with "Country Death song", was a classic piss-take on the "lost my car, dog, wife. Still got my guitar."

Lyrics here.

The Album cover was pretty sage for those days.

Those guys were the stuff of angst back then. International audience. Unheard of for a three-piece street band.

There's plenty of room for some changes. Not ALL of country is headed that way, and there's nothing wrong with mixing genres of music (I LOVE the aria from "The Fifth Element". Opera and electronica? Brilliant!)
Not everyone is going to sound like Johnny Cash, Hank Williams...The times they are a changin, and with the times, changes the music.

Angie, most of the ringers in the top end of Australia enjoy both kinds of music.

Country and Western.

BTW, ringers are cowpokes. Although they do have to deal with brahman bulls over in the outback. ;)

I am a big fan of counrty music myself and I hate that they are trying to mix rap and country. It will be the same thing as trying to mix rap and rock. The only people it will appeal to are the rap fans. I'm not afraid of change... I just don't like that particular change

Gray~Gal said:
You guys are just afraid of change. Think about how country music was in the 60s and 70s....with patsy cline and Hank williams. I mean its changes ALOT and just because some adds a little different beat into it yall hate it.
I love Cowboy Troy esp his new ballad...And Tim Mcgraw and Nelly..I LOVE THAT SONG...its a good mix its like updated country dont get me wrong i love george straight and many many more even Keith Urban with his split ends like my husband says but you just have to adjust cause its not gonna stop.

Well then it sounds like you ain't a country person. 'cause if you were you'd know damn well what we are talking about. Cowboy Troy is a huge disgrace to country music. Even Mark Cesnutt said rap don't belong in country music.
Old Hank must be rolling over in his grave!

As a true country fan I think most of it died in the mid 90s when they started with the whole teenage girls, now they are letting ******s in country (atleast Charlie Pride stayed within the bounds of country.) The whole damn industry is selling out, and for what? Next think you know they will be jacking trucks with low profiles and gold rims. Damn ******s.

college-educated said:
As a true country fan I think most of it died in the mid 90s when they started with the whole teenage girls, now they are letting ******s in country (atleast Charlie Pride stayed within the bounds of country.) The whole damn industry is selling out, and for what? Next think you know they will be jacking trucks with low profiles and gold rims. Damn ******s.

I know! They ruin just about every thing the white man made. Charlie Pride was a great artist and his music was as country as it gets. But he did'nt rap it like this stupid ****** Troy!

college-educated said:

U 2 both need to shut the **** up. You racists are so rediculous..I definitely think racism breeds stupidity.

Why are you people so obsessed with this country junk anyway? All music artists are out to do one thing and one thing only - and that is to make money, and if thier music sucks so bad that they have to go to rap music to make it sound better than so be it :p
Get a life - these country artists don't give two shits about you and here you are working up a sweat...sad...so sad

WHATEVER said:
U 2 both need to shut the **** up. You racists are so rediculous..I definitely think racism breeds stupidity.

Why are you people so obsessed with this country junk anyway? All music artists are out to do one thing and one thing only - and that is to make money, and if thier music sucks so bad that they have to go to rap music to make it sound better than so be it :p
Get a life - these country artists don't give two shits about you and here you are working up a sweat...sad...so sad

Right after saying, "Hey great post, Dude".

I'm also gonna be saying. "this sucks the big one". Leave a wide berth, because I'm about to excercise my mortal right to trash the **** outt anything and everything in my path. Oooh that was fun some.

Kinda esoteric and all? Not. I want to read this tomorrow. When sober.