Why is LPF so dead?

Blue Sky Turtles

Why is LPF so dead given as late? I mean, there are a number of threads that haven't been touched for ages and I hardly see any people on here....and the people I do know of that are posting as though nothing is wrong, are Woodyloveslinkinpark (is that right? I'm not sure) and LPNailz and other members. And what's this about a 'new site' that has been announced what's happening with that? Have we decided what it's going to be called and what kind of features is it going to have? Has anyone talked to the owner of this site about this new site that has been proposed?

I'm sorry if I ask too many questions. XD

Didn't we already have a similiar thread up?

Anyways I guess most of us are just busy with our own life school, job etc...
Maybe also lack of interest in LP...
That's what I can tell you...

Just as jos said, everyone has other stuff to do
I think 90 % of the people here don´t listen to LP anymore
Maybe it´s less dead when the new albums drops, but i doubt it, sinds I posted news about lp alot of times, and most of the time almost no responses

What about the new site? I ****ing can't wait to that comes, I'm so over LPF, despite how much sentiment it holds for me. It's not LP that I don't like anymore, it's LPF. Hardly anyone is on it, and trust me, I've considered leaving it several times. It looks like Rav's about to leave due to her absence for a number of days and once she leaves, I'm gonna leave as well.

edit. Even LPA gets more new members than LPF, even now so I doubt it's got to do with the new album.

What about the new site? I ****ing can't wait to that comes, I'm so over LPF, despite how much sentiment it holds for me. It's not LP that I don't like anymore, it's LPF. Hardly anyone is on it, and trust me, I've considered leaving it several times. It looks like Rav's about to leave due to her absence for a number of days and once she leaves, I'm gonna leave as well.

edit. Even LPA gets more new members than LPF, even now so I doubt it's got to do with the new album.
I'm here. Bored, distracted, restless but with good intentions of coming back eventually. Just seems like I have nothing worthwhile to say so why waste energy logging in to say nothing constructive at all? Also, been meaning to write but let's face it, it's just not happening right now. I'm trying to get my life back on track. And with the few good friends I've made here over the years also off now doing their own things really it doesn't seem worth it. I will be on occasionally lurking (and have been) but my other internet endevours really slow down my loading time ;)

BTW Sarah; got your messages. Responding. Cute! *hugs*

I think there are about...five? people who post often. Mind you, the newbies seem to get run out, in my opinion. But who's to listen to a realative newb, myself...

lol i think the mods have given up on making a new site. things were picking up atlien was on bored to help and then outa nowhere no one's input wanted to be put in. lol me and gradon have been trying...we want your guys' input but we wanna have something at least solid so when we present it we at least have a basis for what's happening

a new skin would really do this place the world of good... we need more input to the mods

lol i think the mods have given up on making a new site. things were picking up atlien was on bored to help and then outa nowhere no one's input wanted to be put in. lol me and gradon have been trying...we want your guys' input but we wanna have something at least solid so when we present it we at least have a basis for what's happening

If the Mod Squad isn't really interested in LPF anymore, why not step down and let those who are sticking it out here have a shot at it?
Moreover, why not just step down regardless. I mean, if you don't care then why be a mod?
Not picking fights, I'm honestly just curious and wondering.

i personally have been trying. i do care. and I have been honest in trying to get a group effort to get this site rolling because obviously i don't want it to be all me. as i said we've been trying to get a basic skeleton and structure for the site and then we'd turn to normal members for the details. however there are a lot of mods who haven't been contributing. im not saying its shame on them. they aren't obligated to push forth a new site and by all means they shouldn't step down because of that. they just aren't helping and it is hindering the process.

zzZZzz

the doomsayers were right about LPF, it is dying

anyone who said otherwise was honestly kidding themselves

and this new site, when we have little interest in it whats going to make it so succesful?

i dont mean to be pessimistic, i dont mind this place, it kills abit of time and people here are mature enough to tlk to and have nice debates with, but in all honesty i think we should just let LPF go about its own way, whether that means it slowly dies or it gets a shot in the arm with the new LP album time will tell, but all this tlak about new sites/ continuous pointing out of the slow death of LPF is merely speeding it up and detracting from the general community feel of this place, we should focus on the threads at hand, the new LP stuff, whatever it is, and who knows, people may come filtering back in

basically saying, we need to get a nice vibe back to LPF rather than always asking oursleves why is this place empty/dead

Actually, that's a bloody mature way of looking at it!

For the most part I agree. I just have one major irritation with this place - I'd really like it if those with the power could instigate some physical changes around here - that's probably in part feeding much of this negativity. The site isn't that bad, a site regardless where it is or what it's about is only as good as it's members and their contributions. Having said that, if we had a working democracy and those with the so-called 'powers' actually did have the powers to effect change when and if necessary, either to keep up with demand or just to freshen the place up a bit, then I think that would make all the difference.

Why have mods and admins who really have no say and figuratively are just glorified members? (no insult intended guys, just spitballing) When we get frustrated and want something we look to them as dictated by apparent chain of command, yet it's broken. They have their hands tied too, don't they?

Talk of a new site is all well and good - but that's only appealing if it has an owner etc that is active on the boards. If they deliver, so to speak. I don't want to go anywhere, I just want something new. I love this place, it holds a lot of memories for me, but would it kill the owner to breathe some new life into it and blow out the proverbial cobwebs or something? A new banner, a new look, a new something, anything (not the adds, they were a bit silly) but... well hopefully you get what I mean.

Anyway, that's just my humble opinion.

well yea. the reason why i think ppl look to the mods first is because. were "supposed" to be the organizers. the ones to get the things done. if you let just anyone take part in trying to revive it it can get messy.

honestly id love to just keep this site and update the hell out of it. however we can't do that because we have an owner who doesn't exsist. so we have to start from scratch. its unfortunate but its true. we can't just say hey guys lets make more threads. because we've tried that method and it hasn't worked. ppl now a days want a website that has something to offer. exclusive updates, reveiws. games, prizes etc etc. we have none of thoes. we have "community". and that isn't very inticing to someone who isn't part of our community.

i agree all this site needs is a breath of fresh air. and i personally have been trying to get stuff going but its tough. i have limitations too. gradon has been willing to do work. and jeezy always helps when possible.

Back