Xbox 360

SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. said Friday it will give Xbox 360 owners a free video game to make up for poor performance over the holidays by the system's online hub.
(MSNBC.com is a joint Microsoft - NBC Universal venture.)

Gamers log on to the Xbox Live Web site to buy games, television shows and movies to load onto their consoles, and interact with other players.

Video game blogs such as Joystiq recently reported that users had a slew of problems with the site over the holidays, including trouble signing in, downloading media and getting matched with online opponents.

"We are disappointed in our performance," wrote Marc Whitten, general manager of Xbox Live, on the Xbox 360 support Web site.

Whitten said record-breaking traffic and new-member sign-ups caused the "intermittent Xbox Live issues."

Microsoft, which says it has sold more than 17.7 million Xbox 360 consoles since the system's November 2005 debut, bulked up its capacity for gamers on Xbox Live both before the release of the wildly popular "Halo 3" and ahead of the holiday season.

The software maker did not publicly detail the problems Xbox users faced or the steps it has taken to fix the issues.

Whitten said the company will give a free game from the Xbox Live Arcade, but did not say which titles will be chosen, or when.

SOURCE: MSNBC

I hope COD does double XP like they did a few months ago on PSN when there servers went to hell since it happened last week also...

It's just COD making up for the fact you bought a failing system :D

lol...

no... it was IW's fault because there servers are **** (I think a few days ago they moved all the servers or so I read )

besides the face i own a 360 and a PS3 and see the PS3 as a better system for the money >.>

no... it was IW's fault because there servers are **** (I think a few days ago they moved all the servers or so I read )

besides the face i own a 360 and a PS3 and see the PS3 as a better system for the money >.>

Infinity Ward doesn't own the servers. Different companies own the servers for the 360 and the PS3, and the PC are all privately owned servers.

PS3 Would be worth the money IF there were enough decent games. Theres not enough. It's pretty much just extra space in case you wanna put a shitload of movies on there which it'd be easier to just copy them onto your computer and then dvd em or whatever you wanna do with them.
People think they are good cuz they can be used as a computer... Most of those people have a computer anyway. Silly people!
As for Xbox 360, we have Dead Rising, Halo 3 and we will have Banjo Kazooie 3 which might be alright.
So going by those points, I'd say Xbox is more worth the $

PS3 Would be worth the money IF there were enough decent games. Theres not enough. It's pretty much just extra space in case you wanna put a shitload of movies on there which it'd be easier to just copy them onto your computer and then dvd em or whatever you wanna do with them.
People think they are good cuz they can be used as a computer... Most of those people have a computer anyway. Silly people!
As for Xbox 360, we have Dead Rising, Halo 3 and we will have Banjo Kazooie 3 which might be alright.

Praise the lord *prays* and look upon the silly PS3 *Choir Chants "PS3"* The 360, it's a heaven's blessing *Choir chants Blessing* Praise the Dead Rising *Choir chants Dead Rising* PRaise the Microsoft! *Choir chants MICROSOFT*

a shitty game...but 360 does have Gears of War...which is only Xbox exclusive I like

BTW ****ING RED RING OF DEATH!!!!!! GOTTA SEND THE ****ER IN NOW!!!!! Guess that is what I get for defending PS3. Anyone know where to find info on where to file the RRD since I heard there is a special place.

I only use PS3 for games nothing else.

EDIT: Halo 3 is the shitty game btw I don't know how to unbold the other one which i accidently bolded

a shitty game...but 360 does have Gears of War...which is only Xbox exclusive I like

BTW ****ING RED RING OF DEATH!!!!!! GOTTA SEND THE ****ER IN NOW!!!!! Guess that is what I get for defending PS3. Anyone know where to find info on where to file the RRD since I heard there is a special place.

EDIT: Halo 3 is the shitty game btw I don't know how to unbold the other one which i accidently bolded
Halo 3 isn't really as bad as I thought it would be, so I do enjoy it since it's not bad like I guessed.

RRD is pretty much Xbox's worst disaster but I'm pretty sure it's fixable. Also Xbox's RRD problem is fixed on newer consoles as far as I've been told.

if ur 360 has ring of death, ur xbox will be fixed free of charge or ur console replaced, it was a fault on the 360 system that they forgot to remedy before the release, newer 360s dont get that problem now

Yeah like mine lol...Halo 3 isn't amazing, but online it's epic great, there are so many choices on what to do, and the scenery is just amazing. Can you name one decent PS3 Exclusive Fire? Can you?

And yeah Dead Rising is amazing, I just got the Mega Buster like 2 nights ago lol

All I know is that you need to contact Microsoft, and make sure to remove any games from the tray, memory units, and HDD from the console. They send you a nice cardboard coffin in the mail, which you put your [dead] console in, and send it back to them. They send you a new console from there.

Back