Advice from the botherhood! Wife's trying to make me sell my quad!

450Riot

So long story short I cheaped out on a wheel bearing for the wifes car and now she doesn't have ABS which we both knew was going to happen. After 2 nights after work of taking the strut out and changing parts along the way and making the front end of her car brand new.. I put it back together and since the ABS doesn't work neither does the Cruise Control. Didn't see that coming but I didn't think it'd even matter.

Once she found out she didn't have cruise the conversation somehow magically changed from her car not working 100% to my quad being my number one priority.

Long story short she's trying to convince me to sell it! I've got about $23,000 into it and it'd only sell for about $1500 if I got lucky. Not the point, not only do I NOT want to sell it, I don't want to lose that much money.. or give in to her bullshit.

Need some advice guys...

Don't touch your quad until you get her car fixed... you will want to ride, so you will get her car fixed really fast and that will make her happy knowing that you put her before your toys.

Happy Wife, Happy Life after all.

Well the thing is we talked about what bearing I was going to get and we decided to go with the $100.00 bearing w/o ABS rather than the $500.00 bearing w/ ABS. She had an older car that the ABS quit and so did the Cruise Control. So SHE KNEW that if I got the Non-ABS bearing that she wouldn't have CC. However she held off telling me that until AFTER I spent 12 hours working on her car.

So another long story short over the winter I had some extra cash (we kinda keep our money to ourselves as bad as that might sound, my money is my money and her money is her money to spend) and I talked to her about powdering my quad. She agreed and was more than happy with me doing it. Now that her car doesn't have Cruise Control, the powder got brought up and I should have never done it apparently.

I haven't really done much to my quad lately so I don't really get what the problem is. Over the last year I've done graphics, riser, powder and an air filter.

Her car has gotten new rotors all around pads and 2 calipers, new struts, mounting plates, lower ball joints and tie rod ends. Plus I just got her the car a little while ago, plus she's in a brand new house.. Think I treat her pretty well.

Well the thing is we talked about what bearing I was going to get and we decided to go with the $100.00 bearing w/o ABS rather than the $500.00 bearing w/ ABS. She had an older car that the ABS quit and so did the Cruise Control. So SHE KNEW that if I got the Non-ABS bearing that she wouldn't have CC. However she held off telling me that until AFTER I spent 12 hours working on her car.

So another long story short over the winter I had some extra cash (we kinda keep our money to ourselves as bad as that might sound, my money is my money and her money is her money to spend) and I talked to her about powdering my quad. She agreed and was more than happy with me doing it. Now that her car doesn't have Cruise Control, the powder got brought up and I should have never done it apparently.

I haven't really done much to my quad lately so I don't really get what the problem is. Over the last year I've done graphics, riser, powder and an air filter.

Her car has gotten new rotors all around pads and 2 calipers, new struts, mounting plates, lower ball joints and tie rod ends. Plus I just got her the car a little while ago, plus she's in a brand new house.. Think I treat her pretty well.
Nice try, but it doesn't work that way. She is a woman!!!!!!!!!!

You're asking a bunch of motor heads for advice on women???

How's this for women advice... If you can't put a wrench on it or beat it with a hammer, it can't be fixed.

With that said... Get the right bearing before you pull the quad out or take them both to the dealer and see what they'll give you. The car and the wife that is...

LOL! I'm gonna do a quick google search to see if I can trick the Cruise into thinking the ABS is working properly. If I can do that I'll take her car out to the shop where my quad is, fix the CC quick and ride all day. Then when I get home I'll tell her I spent the whole day changing the bearing out. Plus I'll have another 400 to spend on my toy!

lol oh dear. Women issues on this forum.

Tell her you're considering a divorce because she does not appreciate you the way she should have.

Report back with results :)

I have 2 ex wives, get used to it. thier needs come first and what they said was OK yesterday does not count today, she needs a NEW car. that will be coming soon trust me. They get the new car, new dining room table, bed, couch, shoes, purses, before you get powdercoating. My second wife "let" me get a tablesaw, and everytime she was in a mood I heard about my dumb "saw" out in the garage:eek:wned:

Now she gets $1000 per month and I do what I want to my quad, 2 more years and I am off the hook, until some new piece of ass ****s my brain up

One thing I always do, take care of the woman's stuff. Make sure it never causes me trouble. Makes life easy

Yeah man I fixed it the day I found out it was broken. I just hate the fact that I'm in trouble AFTER I fixed it the way she knew I was going to fix it. Guess I'll spend my long weekend maxing out my VISA and doing the job over again..

UNLESS.. does anyone know much about ABS?

Could I buy an ABS sensor ring to put on the backside of the bearing? Could I trick the ABS into making the CC work?

What kind of car? I've learned half assing usually makes me pay twice. My girl knows I do things my way. 100% perfect every time. She never puts her input in garage stuff as she knows I don't cut corners to screw up later.

I'll wait a week to spend the money to do it right.

That might work for you but not for me. The car's wheel bearing was finished off and I couldn't afford to get the mazda bearing. However I just called the store I bought the bearing from and they confirmed that it is an ABS bearing. So I'm going to go get a new sensor today and try this again.

The car is a 2004 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.3L Auto w/Electronic shifting.

Be careful she dont sell your quad while your at work !!LOL your gonna have to fix the car before there will be peace in the household !!!

Have you thought about auto salvage yards. Back in the day, my wifes Maxima took a crap with the alternator. $400.00 for a new one. Got online and found a auto salvage up in Wisconsin that had a alternator for 75.00 bucks shipped with low miles. Saved me some cash ;)

Do NOT sell your quad!! I'm speaking from experience, the quad is her out! When she gets upset about something you've done she can use the quad to direct her anger, if it's gone she'll have nothing but you to be pissed at. :thumb:

Oh and don't be affraid to hurt yourself doing the job over again, sympathy tends to lighten the burden as well

Back