az ru's dune/ desert build 04 trx 450r

az ru

i picked up the bike off the first owner he rode it like 3 times at the most it was super clean its was completely stock except for nerf bars and a 6 pack rack

the build on the bike is going to based on mainly dune riding so i have started to research on parts that wil ease rider fatigue so i plan on starting with
the steering i have installed a streamline steering stabilizer

i plan to install in the future a anti vibe stem and maybe flex bars

suspension
plus 2 A arms and the shocks valved for my weight and i havent really addressed the rear just yet i will be installing these in the future but i do have a gt thunder link installed and a rebuilt rear shock

so im still putting my ideas together but this is where im going to start all slowly address the motor i need a lil more power the group i ride with all ride yamaha rapters 700

the current parts i have installed on the bike are

um racing nerf bars
prm 6 pack rack
streamline stabilizer
aftermarket handle bars
asv brake and clutch levers i got a good deal on the xmas pack
13 tooth front sprocket
k&n air filter (air box lid on )
xc gt thunder link
rebuild rear shock
prm full body skid plate

*old pic of my bike

Attachments

• P4040003.jpg
    P4040003.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 21
You might prefer the precision clamps instead of the flex bars as they're cheaper too. Gives you a much more stable feeling since the bars remain rigid instead of individually flexing. I thought you had a link installed judging by the pic since it sits low in the rear. There are Alba racing stems on ebay that are pretty cheap but Tim at Stellar down in Tucson makes a bitchin stem too as well as a arms. I bet he'd be willing to do a package deal for ya.

i will look into those clamps. i was thinking that about those bars as far as flex and they are pricey i have been looking at lsr's stuff is there any good

is alba pretty good i thought they were back in the day but from what it seems their a china made company any info on this ?

i will look into those clamps. i was thinking that about those bars as far as flex and they are pricey i have been looking at lsr's stuff is there any good

is alba pretty good i thought they were back in the day but from what it seems their a china made company any info on this ?

Oh I can garantee that Alba has their stuff made anywhere cheaper than here! That's why for the small difference, I would rather have a top notch US business owned by a genuine person make parts for my bike. LSR is also good and comparable to Stellar and since having met Tim personally (stellar), he's my first choice.

The whole front end of my quad is lsr along with my rear axle. Very durable.

If you want anice antivibe stem I suggest JD performance, send your stock stem to him and he makes it antivibe. $150 bucks :)

i got a few new parts i ordered up a moose poly case saver i got a good deal on some fullbore plastics in i bought a prm skid plate

i installed the moose case saver but i didnt like not having a chain guard so i threw the stock chain guard on it fit pretty nice in i didnt have to do anything except bolt it up which was nice

Attachments

• IMAG0679.jpg
    IMAG0679.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20130318_103546.jpg
    20130318_103546.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 18
  • 20130323_174725.jpg
    20130323_174725.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20130323_174703.jpg
    20130323_174703.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 20
on the prm skid plate i bought the long travel version i had to cut and grind it down to make it fit surprisely i didnt have to cut it were it said "cut out if needed" i was really unhappy with how it fit the thing must have been built on a friday but i worked a lil magic and made it work

Looking good man. I put a prm skid on a buddy's raptor a while back and had to re-drill the holes to fit right. More or less elongated them but I was surprised that they were as far off as they were. Might need to look into a new chain while you're at it.

yea i was looking at it yesterday im guna pick one up soon its still good but i should replace it just as good maintence im guna lube it up i think i can get one or more ride out of it. .. im really surprised with that skid plate from what i remember prm used tp make quality stuff i had trouble with bolt holes also

Sad to hear the prm skid had those issues. I run their chassis skid and a bumper on my 400ex and love them. Although the chassis skid last mount near the motor rubbed no matter how I did it-but since they use those brackets I just took the part off and let it be.

I don't know the brand of the plate I have but its super strong and beef up.. had to cut ti and make some mods for it to fit the long travel link and cut it for the TM guide

Let me know what's up and when ur getting ready with urs. I got a nice race in Penasco in may, ur welcome to go and we can service u as pit crew. My mechanich will be racing his CRF so we got that covered...

update i was out at glamis last weekend my bike ran awesome on saturday then on sunday it took like 20 kicks to get it running i finally got it going it just ran like **** so i parked it

as i thought the valves where ready for adjustment

Back