Biblical Contradictions for AIG

ALLAH IS GREAT said:
In Hebrew, it reads:

"You shall not murder."

Alright.Isn't slaying innocent infants,sucklings and non-virginal women murder?
How do you justify God saying ''You shall not murder'',and then ordering the slaughter of innocent children and women?
Non of you have answered this.If both commands are said to have been given by God,then they do contradict themselves.
I didn't ask for any language lessons,just answer me this question or shut the **** up.
The fact is,your bible orders the slaying of innocents,therefore you have no right to utter a word against the Quran.

Language lessons are what you need in this case whether you like it or not. Trying to be trite about it doesn't dismiss the fact that you have your STUPID HEAD UP YOUR SOMALIAN ASS and don't know what you are talking about.

I love the way you just disregard the truth.

The phrase says not to "unjustly kill". Presumably, if God ordered the death of people in the Bible, that would be a just act and not prohibited as God would be entitled to do so. I believe that your book of choice uses this exact same circular logic! What a joke you are!

You forget AIG, I'm not Christian at all and couldn't care less about this petty argument, about fictional books about imaginary people, but if you are going to quote a TEXT, quote it correctly.

Afterall, your "blessed" (piss be upon it, in it, and from it) Koran is full of ****, errors, and inconsistencies for which MRIH has detailed many times before. Face it; it is just another fabricated pile of lies, just like everybody else's "Holy" books.

By all means though, please keep on with your acute case of diarrhea of the mouth because your gross errors only demonstrate what a fool you are while amusing me further.

ALLAH IS GREAT said:
Oh Ok then.So why couldn't people marry members of other families instead of marrying their own?I doubt that at the time of genesis there was only one family existing,that they had to marry their sisters.This is a pathetic and sick excuse.
Actually, at the begining, there was only one family. And it would take generations to get to the point where the only people that weren't related to you weren't first or second cousins (since they all came form Adam and Eve.

ALLAH IS GREAT said:
The genesis and dueteronomy contradict themselves cos they were written by different people who both felt the need to write anything they want to make people believe God inspired them.
They were both written by Moses.

ALLAH IS GREAT said:
Ok,here's another one for you.Can the bible followers work on the Sabbath or not?

NO:

"Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. (Exodus 31:14)"

"Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. (Exodus 31:15)"

"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death. (Exodus 35:2)"

YES

"And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes. (John 9:14)"

John 7:22-24
22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.
23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken;are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Mark 6:1-3
1 And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.
2 And when the sabbath day was come,he began to teach in the synagogue:and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

So how come the first verses say no to working on Sabbath(and anyone who does should be put to death).And in the last verses show clearly that Moses and Jesus worked on the sabbath.Shouldn't they be put to death?

The Old Testament verses set up our schedule, a life cycle if you will. It shows us how to create and maintain our work weeks, and shows the importance of that schedule. It is still important to keep a day of rest (it has been medically proven that we will live longer and healthier if we take a day off once a week from work,) but in the New Testament verses you shared, Jesus was purposely showing that caring for people is more important to him than keepng "The Law" that the Jewish leaders had set up to try to contol the people. Not a contridiction, just an advancement. Jesus doesn't say "Nevermind about that sabbath crap, we were just kidding about it."
The Sabbath is still important, but not to the point that we neglect other peoples needs.

Oh, one other thing AIG... ( I notice you're typing like a mad fiend so this will keep you going for awhile why I make dinner for my family)

CREDIBILITY...It's something you don't seem to have nor think is important.

While you are nitpicking the Bible apart there, specifically the writings of MOSES, you might want to grap that handy copy of the Koran of yours and review the following passage. Seems that even your Koran believes the writings of Moses.

(I've provided the translations which GF has agreed to use as CREDIBLE references)

AL-BAQARA (THE COW)

YUSUFALI: Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)."

PICKTHAL: Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

SHAKIR: Say: We believe in Allah and (in) that which had been revealed to us, and (in) that which was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and (in) that which was given to Musa and Isa, and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

If you are a good Muslim, then why the **** are you tring to make a distinction between them?

Bad Muslim! Bad Muslim!

Phreakwars said:
For the sake of credibility in GF debates, we will use the VATICAN interpretation of the Holy Bible, which can be found @ http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/_INDEX.HTM The official GF interpretation of the Qur'an is, as some of you already know, but then for those who do not, from an acceptable .EDU site, and contains 3 different interpretations . This can be found on: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/ Credibility is a MUST for a valid rebuttal. I hope this will help some of you out a lot during debate.

The phrase says not to "unjustly kill". Presumably, if God ordered the death of people in the Bible, that would be a just act and not prohibited as God would be entitled to do so. I believe that your book of choice uses this exact same circular logic! What a joke you are!

What is the difference between murder,and unjust killing?
So God in the bible is entitled to order the slaughter of innocent people?
I wonder if you would say the same if that verse was in the Quran.I doubt it!

You forget AIG, I'm not Christian at all and couldn't care less about this petty argument, about fictional books about imaginary people, but if you are going to quote a TEXT, quote it correctly.

What?! Ok first you say the phrase is ''you shall not murder'',then you say it is actually not to ''Unjustly kill''.Which is it? I think you're confused by it too.
And if you don't care I think you should hold your tongue or go dance around with your fellow agnostics.No one asked you to join in sirrah.
I don't know hebrew.So ofcourse I'll make a mistake.But why didn't these christians correct me?I've heard many christians say the commandment as ''Thou shall not kill''.

Afterall, your "blessed" (piss be upon it, in it, and from it) Koran is full of ****, errors, and inconsistencies for which MRIH has detailed many times before. Face it; it is just another fabricated pile of lies, just like everybody else's "Holy" books.

Oh please,by all means provide your proof of it's errors and fabrications.The bible has contradictions obviously made by men.

CREDIBILITY...It's something you don't seem to have nor think is important.

While you are nitpicking the Bible apart there, specifically the writings of MOSES, you might want to grap that handy copy of the Koran of yours and review the following passage. Seems that even your Koran believes the writings of Moses.

(I've provided the translations which GF has agreed to use as CREDIBLE references)

AL-BAQARA (THE COW)

YUSUFALI: Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)."

PICKTHAL: Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

SHAKIR: Say: We believe in Allah and (in) that which had been revealed to us, and (in) that which was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and (in) that which was given to Musa and Isa, and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

If you are a good Muslim, then why the **** are you tring to make a distinction between them?

Bad Muslim! Bad Muslim!

Sorry but what distinction between them have I made? Do you even know what you're talking about?
All the prophets are equal.What is meant by no distinction in the Quran,is that we don't view any of them as God.
They are just men carrying the message of God.That's it.
We believe in Moses and everything given to him by God.But there are differences between his story in the bible and his story in the Quran.

eddo said:
Actually, at the begining, there was only one family. And it would take generations to get to the point where the only people that weren't related to you weren't first or second cousins (since they all came form Adam and Eve.

They were both written by Moses.

The Old Testament verses set up our schedule, a life cycle if you will. It shows us how to create and maintain our work weeks, and shows the importance of that schedule. It is still important to keep a day of rest (it has been medically proven that we will live longer and healthier if we take a day off once a week from work,) but in the New Testament verses you shared, Jesus was purposely showing that caring for people is more important to him than keepng "The Law" that the Jewish leaders had set up to try to contol the people. Not a contridiction, just an advancement. Jesus doesn't say "Nevermind about that sabbath crap, we were just kidding about it."
The Sabbath is still important, but not to the point that we neglect other peoples needs.

So when the genesis was written there was only one family?
You people come up with your own excuses and explanations.An advancement indeed. :rolleyes:
How the hell do you know what Jesus was showing?Does it say that in the bible?Stop bringing up your own explanations.
Teaching and circumsizing people is not very important that they can't wait.I doubt that it was a life or death situation.
If you people are gonna lie then there is no point.
Dizzyme,I'm officially bored with it.

ALLAH IS GARBAGE said:
What is the difference between murder,and unjust killing? So God in the bible is entitled to order the slaughter of innocent people? I wonder if you would say the same if that verse was in the Quran.I doubt it!

It seems a logical foregone conclusion that a God would have the ability to kill anyone that it chooses. Isn't that the power of a creator? But then again, it's all fairy tale beliefs to me anyway.

ALLAH IS GARBAGE said:
What?! Ok first you say the phrase is ''you shall not murder'',then you say it is actually not to ''Unjustly kill''.Which is it? I think you're confused by it too.

Go back and read CAREFULLY...

"In fact, the Hebrew word used is specifically not "kill" for which there are 2 separate words, but rather "murder; unauthorized homicide", a completely different word which was used just for this reason."

ALLAH IS GARBAGE said:
And if you don't care I think you should hold your tongue or go dance around with your fellow agnostics.

I DON'T care about what you think God said or didn't say; it's a childish catfight anyway, however I DO care about CREDIBILITY and accurate quoting. I know...This is going to annoy the **** out of you because I intend to nail you on it whenever I see it. Make your points but don't twist words to do it. How petty...

ALLAH IS GARBAGE said:
No one asked you to join in sirrah.

**** off bitch! It's GF and it's a free country! Don't like it, go jump off a tall building and go see Allah!

[/QUOTE=ALLAH IS GARBAGE]I don't know hebrew.So of course I'll make a mistake.But why didn't these christians correct me? I've heard many christians say the commandment as ''Thou shall not kill''.[/QUOTE]

You

Where have you been? Master Jaffer and MRIH already did this long ago. The web is FULL of sites that show errors in the Koran. Just go look. It's not that hard. Do something for yourself for once.

I'm sorry I don't search the web to find errors in the Quran.If there were errors I'd see them when I read the Quran everyday.

There is NO accounting for mass misinformation I guess. I'm quite sure that you cannot even read the Koran in Arabic either. Oh, you post Arabic phrases here and in your avatar, but you really cannot read them can you?

I read and write Arabic fluently.

ALLAH IS GREAT said:
So when the genesis was written there was only one family?
You people come up with your own excuses and explanations.An advancement indeed. :rolleyes:
How the hell do you know what Jesus was showing?Does it say that in the bible?Stop bringing up your own explanations.
Teaching and circumsizing people is not very important that they can't wait.I doubt that it was a life or death situation.
If you people are gonna lie then there is no point.
Dizzyme,I'm officially bored with it.

Genesis wasn't written at the time it happened, it was written later, as a historical document covering the events of creation

Jesus makes it clear by his actions that caring for the people is more important that following "the law" that was in place at the time ("the law" being over 600 rules that the Pharisees had contrued to keep people in line and them in control) Jesus was a Jew, so he knew about the law about keeping the sabbath holy, but he showed us (by example in John) that if someone is in need of help, then that is more important than keeping "the law."

Ya know, a little historical research on your part would really help this discussion out. Maybe then you would have a clue about what you are bashing.

ALLAH IS GARBAGE said:
Sorry but what distinction between them have I made? Do you even know what you're talking about?

You've disregarded what your own Koran says.

What Part of this DON'T you understand?

We - believe - in - ... - the - revelation - and - that - given - to - Moses ... - We - make - no - difference - between - one - and - another - of - them.

If you believe in the Koran, it says you must believe in the revelations given to Moses, which is what GENESIS, EXODUS, LEVITICUS, NUMBERS and DUTERONOMY are. The TORAH.

You're sitting here claiming is full of contradictions yet your own Koran says that "we" (Muslims) believe it!

You obviously don't, therefore either you are lying or you must not be a real Muslim.

Another contradiction

When Jesus summons the twelve disciples to send them out to proclaim the kingdom of God, he lists the things the disciples should not take with them right?

Should the desciples take walking sticks or not?

NO!

Mathew 10:9-10
Do not take gold or silver or copper for your belts;
no sack for the journey, or a second tunic, or sandals, or walking stick. The laborer deserves his keep.

Luke 9:3
He said to them, "Take nothing for the journey,neither walking stick, nor sack, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic.

YES!
Mark 6:8
He instructed them to take nothing for the journey but a walking stick - no food, no sack, no money in their belts.

Walking stick or no walking stick..hmmmm

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
If you believe in the Koran, it says you must believe in the revelations given to Moses, which is what GENESIS, EXODUS, LEVITICUS, NUMBERS and DUTERONOMY are. The TORAH.

Yes,we believe in the Torah and the Gospel, and that they were both given to Moses and Jesus by God.But they were altered and changed,therefore they are no longer in their original context,hence why there are many contradictions.Then God sent down the Quran as His last word and vowed that it shall never be changed and it's hasen't changed.And it testifies the real Torah and Injeel(Gospel) and denounces the changes made to them by men.(i.e. Jesus is God).

ALLAH IS GREAT said:
Another contradiction

When Jesus summons the twelve disciples to send them out to proclaim the kingdom of God, he lists the things the disciples should not take with them right?

Should the desciples take walking sticks or not?

NO!

Mathew 10:9-10
Do not take gold or silver or copper for your belts;
no sack for the journey, or a second tunic, or sandals, or walking stick. The laborer deserves his keep.

He said to them, "Take nothing for the journey,neither walking stick, nor sack, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic.

YES!
He instructed them to take nothing for the journey but a walking stick - no food, no sack, no money in their belts.

Walking stick or no walking stick..hmmmm

Matthew 10: 9-10
Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,
Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.

And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:

Ok AIG, The key is in the language of what Jesus said. Matthew used the Greek word ktaomai, which means "to procure, acquire" while Mark and Luke both used airo, meaning "to take." In other words, the disciples were not to acquire, or purchase, any special provisions for their journey. They were to depart with what they already had (and some undoubtedly already had walking sticks and sandals). The lack of preparation would demand utter dependence on the Lord.

To surmise, Jesus told them to not prepare an any way for the journey, just to go and take what they already had in their possessions. AIG, I don't don't why you would take something like this so literaly. It is obvious when you think about, It's like taking your car to the mechanic and telling him to "fix it" , if he were to take a literal account of the term "fix it" he very well may completely overhaul your entire vehicle charging you hundreds of thousands of dollars when any sane individual knows that by "fix it" you mean get it road worthy again.

One other thing you must remember when reading the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) is that Matthew, Luke and John were actual disciples of Jesus who lived and worked with Him, while Mark was not. Mark's testament is more likely a second-hand knowledge of the events that transpired. There are actually 2 other Gospels that did not make it passed the counsel of trent, The Gospel of Thomas and the Gospel of Barnabas.

ALLAH IS GREAT said:
Yes,we believe in the Torah and the Gospel, and that they were both given to Moses and Jesus by God.But they were altered and changed,therefore they are no longer in their original context,hence why there are many contradictions.Then God sent down the Quran as His last word and vowed that it shall never be changed and it's hasen't changed.And it testifies the real Torah and Injeel(Gospel) and denounces the changes made to them by men.(i.e. Jesus is God).

I'd LOVE to hear how you can make the claim that the Koran hasn't changed, when just a few posts ago, I gave you 3 different translations all done by Arabic scholars!

Do you actually mean to tell me that nothing has changed in the Koran at all?

Do you even know how old the oldest surviving Koran is?

I'll give you a hint...

It's nowhere even close to as old as this...

View attachment 353

Ever heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls? This photo is of part of the book of Leviticus, written about 30 - 50 C.E..

Do you even know who wrote the Koran?

Hadith tells us that Muhammad was illiterate and was unable to read or write. So of course Muhammad did not write Quran. Muslims claim that Muhammad dictated the whole Quran to his followers and many of them memorized the Quranic verses word by word and later they wrote it down. The bottom line is that no one knows for sure who wrote the Quran.

After the death of Muhammad there was a time when Uthman the third Caliph of Islam ordered to burn all the copies of Quran except one. It was believed that there were variations in text and recitation practice of Quran at that time and so Uthman took this step. According to Quran and Hadith, Muhammad was the last prophet of Islam. So Uthman was not a prophet and we do not know whether he kept the valid and original Quran or destroyed it? We also do not know how he determined which one was the correct version of Quran?

Muslims claim that Quran was directly given by Allah and Sheikh Ahmed Deedat the Muslim Scholar and other Muslims have claimed that Quran is the word of God because it was written in first person speech unlike Bible, where third person speech is used. But the very first chapter of Quran is written in the third person speech.

Surah 1:1-7. "In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds; Most Gracious, Most Merciful; Master of the Day of Judgment. Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek. Show us the straight way, The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray."

This is not the only one example but there are many Surahs which are written in third person speech. So if we take the word of Muslim Scholars, Quran is not the word of God.

Attachments

• 64d127b8799d6e52f1e8a74f4003fc9e.gif
    64d127b8799d6e52f1e8a74f4003fc9e.gif
    215.6 KB · Views: 10
Oh for crying out loud. I don't see how someone can say the bible is full of contradictions then turn around and quote from the Koran... It's the same old thing: stories. Think about how many religions are out there quoting from books trying to sound credible. Funny how you all think you are right...

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
I'd LOVE to hear how you can make the claim that the Koran hasn't changed, when just a few posts ago, I gave you 3 different translations all done by Arabic scholars!

Do you actually mean to tell me that nothing has changed in the Koran at all?

Do you even know how old the oldest surviving Koran is?

I'll give you a hint...

It's nowhere even close to as old as this...

View attachment 354

Ever heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls? This photo is of part of the book of Leviticus, written about 30 - 50 C.E..

Do you even know who wrote the Koran?

Hadith tells us that Muhammad was illiterate and was unable to read or write. So of course Muhammad did not write Quran. Muslims claim that Muhammad dictated the whole Quran to his followers and many of them memorized the Quranic verses word by word and later they wrote it down. The bottom line is that no one knows for sure who wrote the Quran.

After the death of Muhammad there was a time when Uthman the third Caliph of Islam ordered to burn all the copies of Quran except one. It was believed that there were variations in text and recitation practice of Quran at that time and so Uthman took this step. According to Quran and Hadith, Muhammad was the last prophet of Islam. So Uthman was not a prophet and we do not know whether he kept the valid and original Quran or destroyed it? We also do not know how he determined which one was the correct version of Quran?

Muslims claim that Quran was directly given by Allah and Sheikh Ahmed Deedat the Muslim Scholar and other Muslims have claimed that Quran is the word of God because it was written in first person speech unlike Bible, where third person speech is used. But the very first chapter of Quran is written in the third person speech.

Surah 1:1-7. "In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds; Most Gracious, Most Merciful; Master of the Day of Judgment. Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek. Show us the straight way, The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray."

This is not the only one example but there are many Surahs which are written in third person speech. So if we take the word of Muslim Scholars, Quran is not the word of God.

No-one is denying there are many interpretations in the Quran.But you must remember sir CES,the Quran was not sent down in an english text,but in arabic.

Attachments

• 64d127b8799d6e52f1e8a74f4003fc9e.gif
    64d127b8799d6e52f1e8a74f4003fc9e.gif
    215.6 KB · Views: 11
AIG,

Let me cut to the chase...

You claim that the Bible is full of errors or contradictions; that it is the writings of men, and therefore fallible.

Yet, you claim that the Koran is perfect; that it is the word for word dictation of God himself, and is unchangeable and infallible.

I say that this is simply not true. ALL religious books in ALL religions are the works of MEN, abeit men with somewhat good intentions, but men nevertheless. They are all fallible.

The Koran is just another "holy" book, scribed by numerous unknown people, and was so changed thru the ages that the 3rd Caliphate BURNED all existing copies except the one he wanted to keep! How did he decide? Why was the "unalterable" word of God in need of protection from all of the altered versions?

Can't you see your hypocrisy and self deceit in this one?

I don't care if you want to be a Muslim. Good for you if it brings you happiness and causes you to be a better person!

However, please don't preach it to me because I don't believe it.

Furthermore, don't slam other religions because you are all operating on a premise of BLIND FAITH. You are all the same!

None of you has any PROOF of what you claim. Nothing whatsoever! So quit the constant Holy Book thumping because you only look desperate...

3rd person speech ??

Well the Phreak says this:
I myself would like to see ACTUAL PROOF that the Qur'an is the word of God him/her/itself.

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
AIG,

Furthermore, don't slam other religions because you are all operating on a premise of BLIND FAITH. You are all the same!

None of you has any PROOF of what you claim. Nothing whatsoever! So quit the constant Holy Book thumping because you only look desperate...

Ye of little faith. It is not your fault. Ye have yet to see the Great Goomba turn water into Shiner beer.

phreakwars said:
3rd person speech ??

Well the Phreak says this:
I myself would like to see ACTUAL PROOF that the Qur'an is the word of God him/her/itself.

The Koran is the word of Satan! If you need proof, try 9/11

Back