Big Bang= Impossible Evolution=Stupid

ALLAH IS GREAT

One thing I never understood in my science lessons was how stupid people can be. How can people people believe that this universe came to be with a bang, Or that we were once apes and slowly started straightening up and somehow shed soooo much hair, Or that this universe came to be because of a man (Jesus).

We have to ask ourselves a further question. When you see a bridge or an automobile, you automatically concider the person or the company that constructed it. When you see a plane, a rocket, a satellite or a large ship, you also think about how incredible of a vehicle it is. You have to be thoroughly impressed with the engineering dynamics that are involved, YET these are just things that are manufactured by human beings.
Then what about the human body, with its massive and intricate control system.Think about it.Think about the brain, how it thinks, how it functions, how it analysis, stores information, retrieves information, distinguishes and catagorises information in a millionth of a second and does it constantly. This is the brain that made the automobile, the rocket ships, the boat and so on. Think about the brain and Who made that! Think about the heart, how it pumps continously for sixty or seventy years, intaking and discharging blood throughout the body and maintaining the steady precision throughout the life of that person. Think about the kidneys, what kind of function that they carry. The purifying instrument of the body, which performs hundreds of chemical analysis simultaneously and also controls the level of toxidity in the content of the body and it does this automatically. Think about your eyes, the human camera, that adjusts, focus, interpretes, evaluates, applies colour automatically.The natural reception and adjustment to light and distance. Think about it. Who created that? Who has mastered that? and Who regulates that? Human beings tehmselves? No, ofcourse not.
What about the universe. Think about this. This earth is one planet in our solar system and our solar sytem is one of the systems in the milky way and the milky way is one of the constillations in that galaxy and there are millions of galaxies like the milky way. Think about that and they are all in order.They are all precise.They are not colliding with each other.They are not conflicting with each other and they are swimming along in an orbit that has been SET for them. Have human beings set that into motion? and are human beings maintaining that precision. No, ofcourse they are NOT! Think about the ocens, the fish, the insects, the birds, the plants, bacteria, the chemical elements that have not been discovered and cannot be detected even with the most sophisticated instruments, YET each one of them has a law that it follows. Did all of this syncrinisation, balance, harmony, variation, design, maintenance, operation and infinite numeration, did this happen by chance or because of a bang? And do they keep on reproducing themselves and maintaining themselves also by chance? No, ofcourse not. That would be totally illogical and foolish to think and in the least would indicate that however it came to be, it is totally outside of the realm of human capability.We will all agree to that.

The Being, The Almight Power, God, The Creator, Who has the Knowledge, to Design, to Proportion, Who has created all of this and is Responsible for maintaining all of this is the Only One that is deserving of Praise and Gratitude. If I gave each one of you one hundred pounds for no reason, you would atleast say thank you. What about your eyes, your kidneys, your brain, your entire body, your life, your breath, your children? what about that?! Who gave you that? Is He not worthy of praise and thanks? Is He not worthy of your worship and your recognition?

I don't want any of you to think that I have any ulterior motive in this. I don't want to convert you. That's your choice. I just wanted to give you something to ponder, to think about.

Jesus=God in human form. You silly muslims can't ever seem to understand this.

And your great proof is what? An intangible being that hasn't been seen by anyone in, like, forever? Good one...you've swayed me :rolleyes:

ALLAH IS GREAT said:
One thing I never understood in my science lessons was how stupid people can be. How can people people believe that this universe came to be with a bang, Or that we were once apes and slowly started straightening up and somehow shed soooo much hair, Or that this universe came to be because of a man (Jesus).

We have to ask ourselves a further question. When you see a bridge or an automobile, you automatically concider the person or the company that constructed it. When you see a plane, a rocket, a satellite or a large ship, you also think about how incredible of a vehicle it is. You have to be thoroughly impressed with the engineering dynamics that are involved, YET these are just things that are manufactured by human beings.
Then what about the human body, with its massive and intricate control system.Think about it.Think about the brain, how it thinks, how it functions, how it analysis, stores information, retrieves information, distinguishes and catagorises information in a millionth of a second and does it constantly. This is the brain that made the automobile, the rocket ships, the boat and so on. Think about the brain and Who made that! Think about the heart, how it pumps continously for sixty or seventy years, intaking and discharging blood throughout the body and maintaining the steady precision throughout the life of that person. Think about the kidneys, what kind of function that they carry. The purifying instrument of the body, which performs hundreds of chemical analysis simultaneously and also controls the level of toxidity in the content of the body and it does this automatically. Think about your eyes, the human camera, that adjusts, focus, interpretes, evaluates, applies colour automatically.The natural reception and adjustment to light and distance. Think about it. Who created that? Who has mastered that? and Who regulates that? Human beings tehmselves? No, ofcourse not.
What about the universe. Think about this. This earth is one planet in our solar system and our solar sytem is one of the systems in the milky way and the milky way is one of the constillations in that galaxy and there are millions of galaxies like the milky way. Think about that and they are all in order.They are all precise.They are not colliding with each other.They are not conflicting with each other and they are swimming along in an orbit that has been SET for them. Have human beings set that into motion? and are human beings maintaining that precision. No, ofcourse they are NOT! Think about the ocens, the fish, the insects, the birds, the plants, bacteria, the chemical elements that have not been discovered and cannot be detected even with the most sophisticated instruments, YET each one of them has a law that it follows. Did all of this syncrinisation, balance, harmony, variation, design, maintenance, operation and infinite numeration, did this happen by chance or because of a bang? And do they keep on reproducing themselves and maintaining themselves also by chance? No, ofcourse not. That would be totally illogical and foolish to think and in the least would indicate that however it came to be, it is totally outside of the realm of human capability.We will all agree to that.

The Being, The Almight Power, God, The Creator, Who has the Knowledge, to Design, to Proportion, Who has created all of this and is Responsible for maintaining all of this is the Only One that is deserving of Praise and Gratitude. If I gave each one of you one hundred pounds for no reason, you would atleast say thank you. What about your eyes, your kidneys, your brain, your entire body, your life, your breath, your children? what about that?! Who gave you that? Is He not worthy of praise and thanks? Is He not worthy of your worship and your recognition?

I don't want any of you to think that I have any ulterior motive in this. I don't want to convert you. That's your choice. I just wanted to give you something to ponder, to think about.

AIG if you've been painting your room you need to open a window. We could've come from the big bang. What's to say God didn't make the big bang. We can ponder on this forever, and we will. It boils down to belief and faith.

snafu said:
AIG if you've been painting your room you need to open a window. We could've come from the big bang. What's to say God didn't make the big bang. We can ponder on this forever, and we will. It boils down to belief and faith.

I just love how everyone who doesn't believe in God is a moron.

jokersarewild said:
Jesus=God in human form. You silly muslims can't ever seem to understand this.

And your great proof is what? An intangible being that hasn't been seen by anyone in, like, forever? Good one...you've swayed me :rolleyes:

In Human form, huh? so what are the other forms. If you say He was in human form, then He must have an original form right? How can you believe that bullshit. God created man, then chose to mingle with them, eat drink and excrete just like any person? Sorry, us silly muslims think higher of God than you. Maybe that's why we don't understand.
I absolutely don't give a damn if you're swayed or not.

Before anyone else chooses to deny evolution entirely, I'm going to bring up small-scale evolution within the human body.
It's common knowledge that if you drink alcohol, after time, you build a resistance to it. If you take a certain medicine a lot, it eventually quits working.
Let's talk about HIV/AIDS.
The HIV/AIDS virus changes itself quite often, and quickly.
Let's say you're taking medication for HIV/AIDS and then you miss your medication one day. If you take your medication again the following day, it won't work because the virus has evolved an immunity to the medication. It changes its own chemical make-up so that those drugs won't work, and you have to find a new combination.
If you spread your HIV/AIDS to someone else, it changes itself into an entirely different strain, which is why no two HIV/AIDS infected persons take the exact same combination of drugs.
So, HIV/AIDS changes itself up in a reaction to a change in the infected body, and in a relatively short amount of time. Earth's environment changes over time, so who's to say we couldn't have evolved over a couple million years?

ParasiteGod said:
Before anyone else chooses to deny evolution entirely, I'm going to bring up small-scale evolution within the human body.
It's common knowledge that if you drink alcohol, after time, you build a resistance to it. If you take a certain medicine a lot, it eventually quits working.
Let's talk about HIV/AIDS.
The HIV/AIDS virus changes itself quite often, and quickly.
Let's say you're taking medication for HIV/AIDS and then you miss your medication one day. If you take your medication again the following day, it won't work because the virus has evolved an immunity to the medication. It changes its own chemical make-up so that those drugs won't work, and you have to find a new combination.
If you spread your HIV/AIDS to someone else, it changes itself into an entirely different strain, which is why no two HIV/AIDS infected persons take the exact same combination of drugs.
So, HIV/AIDS changes itself up in a reaction to a change in the infected body, and in a relatively short amount of time. Earth's environment changes over time, so who's to say we couldn't have evolved over a couple million years?

All you have explained is the change of a virus. ok, tell me, why haven't the apes of today changed into humans yet? Why haven't we continued to change into something else? what has stopped the transformation?

Because they are a different species.
The species now called Homo Sapien simply evolved differently than other primates. Granted, I don't know exactly why, but if it concerns you, you can look it up:)
But I do know that a species will evolve in reaction to changes in environment and habits and things like that. For instance, there is a species of fish that lives in caves, where there is no light. These fish have, over time, evolved to where they aren't born with eyes because they don't need them. Same with underground creatures like moles.
So perhaps gorillas are gorillas because they live in jungles, and humans are humans because they live in houses and wear clothes, and don't need fur.
And yes, I explained the evolution of a virus to show that evolution does happen. You did pay attention, right?

Nothing pisses me off more than this one common misconception AIG just stated about evolution:

ok, tell me, why haven't the apes of today changed into humans yet?

Evolution does NOT state that man evolved from apes, its simply states that we share a common ancestor. It's really not that difficult a concept to grasp.

Another thing that irks me is how most theists fail to understand the simple concept that evolution has NOTHING to do with the creation of the universe what-so-ever. That would be akin to saying, if the laws of gravity really exist then why is my shirt purple...honestly people.

Why haven't we continued to change into something else? what has stopped the transformation?

Because a change that drastically noticeable would take thousands, upon thousands, upon thousands, upon thousands of years.

Handsdown, the most intelligent people on this planet believe the theory of evolution whole-heartedly. In the last 100-150 years, virtually all evidence scientists have accumulated support the theory. Every half-assed theistic attempt to discredit evolution has been shot down faster than a Palestinian operated aircraft flying through Israeli air space. You're not gonna be the one to prove it wrong, and in all likelyhood, no one else will either. So don't try. Feel free to pick up a biology text book and actually research the topic, but don't waste your time posting ill-informed drivvel like this.

So as some of you know I work with the malaria parasite, Plasmodium falciparum. One interesting thing to note about P. falciparum is that it is what you call an obligate intracellular parasite. What this means is that it has to live and grow inside a cell. In this case it lives and grows first inside your liver cells then in your red blood cells (which is the stage at which you actually get the symptoms of malaria). So here's an intersting notion..obligate intracellular parasites/organisms create a vacuole inside the cell; meaning they create their own environment in which they can live in. Obviously, the cytoplasm of the cell is unfavorable so they create their own little environment and have to develop a mechanism or a structure to which they can gather nutrients etc..from the cytoplasm of the host cell.

So...obviously there must be genes related to proteins that are used to develop these vacuoles, and mechanisms right??

Ok...so here's a very interesting note...P. falciparum is a parasite and a eukaryote, it is in the kingdom protista...it is not a prokaryotic bacteria. Eukaryotic cells and prokaryotic cells are very very different....but..here's a little interesting notion about evolutionary ancestry... there has been a gene discovered in Legionella (a prokaryotic bacteria) that is identical to a gene in P. falciparum. This shows that this gene is highly conserved in organims that are obligate intracellular parasites..which shows a very interesting evolutinary trend here. These genes are HIGHLY conserved, even in organisms that are soooo far apart...a prokaryote and a eukaryote. You see conservation of genes all the time, but to see this...in not only a different species but a different kingdom all together... I've posed the question that this may be due to convergent evolution, however, the high level of conservation within the gene...is too astounding...

Just an interesting evolutionary note...

Oh, and one more thing...can someone show me where in teh bible it talks about glacial lakes and how a whole separate ecosystem using chemotrophic bacteria as opposed to phototrophic has developed underneath the ice sheet in Antartica..and...what exactly is god's plan for this ecosystem.... anyone? anyone?

Also, perhaps you could explain the use of all the vestigal organs your creater left in the various species on this planet?

Edited to credit LeftofLarry over at RationalResponders for the the quote, forgot to when I first posted it before.

Think about the ocens... do you know what pisses me off more than anything???? people that missssspell oceans.... or is it ocaiens??? or hell maybe it is right... ocens.

Balls Deep A said:
Think about the ocens... do you know what pisses me off more than anything???? people that missssspell oceans.... or is it ocaiens??? or hell maybe it is right... ocens.
More then ANYTHING ???? REALLY ?? Wow.... imagine that... :rolleyes:

ALLAH IS GREAT said:
In Human form, huh? so what are the other forms. If you say He was in human form, then He must have an original form right? How can you believe that bullshit. God created man, then chose to mingle with them, eat drink and excrete just like any person? Sorry, us silly muslims think higher of God than you. Maybe that's why we don't understand.

I had to explain this to Mariama too. Don't go get all up in MRIH's face for not really studying Islam before shitting on it.

God the Father: The essence of God that is above the clouds, so to speak. It is the part of the Holy Trinity that has always been in heaven.

God the Son: Jesus. The essence of God among mortals. The most easy to prove of the Holy Trinity :D

The Holy Spirit: Your conscience on CRACK. Basically, it's a holy conscience, telling us right from wrong. The essence of God that cannot be experienced with our normal 5 senses(or are there more?). It's pretty much Jiminey Cricket with a halo.

It actually speaks to God's character that he would come down and chillax with humans at a time when leprosy hadn't been cured, eating meat could kill you, and you had to worry more about your next meal then dying.

Meanwhile, Allah is just sitting his lazy, selfish ass in heaven, doing nothing tangible for his creation. What a *****. :cool:

Balls Deep A said:

WOW, a spellig mistke. This is sooooo abormal. Hou coud I posibly mak a mistke. AAAAAARRGHGGHHH, I'm sooooooooooooo asamed of myslf!!! :rolleyes:

Bottom line, God, Allah, Jehova, Big bang, ???. Whatever it is, it is the same for every human that will have ever existed. Anybody deny this as 100% TRUTH? I'd like to hear your argument. I'll make a post on the subject, if I'm ever let out of the idiot box.

The funny thing about the worlds religions is it purports that "believing" is everything. When in fact, what we believe about the TRUTH of our creation is about as significant as the dog **** in my yard. It is what it is and will always be so, no matter what we believe or how many people are killed.

The key is recognizing that everyone is your brother, everyone is your sister, we are all the same in the ways that really matter. The words and message of Jesus. A man, your brother, your savior in life, not death.

What else is funny, the worlds religions are in fact, the opposite of what they claim to be. Think for yourself, you know the TRUTH when you hear it.

Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell said:
Even if you do believe in the "big bang", didn't someone have to light the fuse?

If I'm correct I believe someone caused the "big bang" with a Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

BooM

ALLAH IS GREAT said:
You see, that's part of the beauty of our God. He loves us so much that he gives us a marriage-type relationship instead of a boss/employee-type relationship. He still had the power to make people realize that this was in fact God (Jesus) when He was down here on earth. He didn't just kinda walk around and mingle, He performed great miracles and such.

Pyro4298 said:
You see, that's part of the beauty of our God. He loves us so much that he gives us a marriage-type relationship instead of a boss/employee-type relationship. He still had the power to make people realize that this was in fact God (Jesus) when He was down here on earth. He didn't just kinda walk around and mingle, He performed great miracles and such.
Christian God: I can destroy you at any moment, but I won't because I love you.
Islamic God: I can't destroy you, so I get my minions to do it for me.

Back