Building the MX bike

Sorry to hear about that man!! At least the weather sucks so you can't ride now anyway. Make sure you give 'er a bit of Loc-Tite this time.

He is. I saw it on his FB page. I asked him why and he said it was because he didn't have the time to ride it.

Crap sorry guys I dont get on here like at all.

I was dead set on selling the quad because I had zero time to ride it with the job I was working. Im not working that job anymore, nor any job at the moment. J0hnny or Jh racing convinced me to keep it around. So Im gonna stick around for a bit.

Heres what im currently doing. Taking it apart to find a couple shims that got lost in the motor do to my own stupidity. I

I ended up stripping out 2 of the cam carrier bolts and and still ran it to only lose 2 ex valve shims because it vibrated enough to let them fall out. Pretty cool huh?

Im also getting a anti freeze leek from somewhere and im not sure where? From my inspection I did not see a any cracks in the head gasket.
602039_486686091419601_741272822_n.jpg

He is. I saw it on his FB page. I asked him why and he said it was because he didn't have the time to ride it.
I was looking on your fb, and seen that your taking your quad apart to fix a blown motor. I just want to let you know that you dont have to peel that much stuff off to get the motor out. Its a real pain in the arse if you get pealing a bunch of stuff off and then have to put it all back on there. I have pealed the motor out of my quad to many times and i have it down pretty pat now haha.
Good luck with the motor.

Heres where were at guys.

Pulled the motor out as you can see in the above picture.
Started tearing down now..I was really hoping to get lucky and see a couple shims on the fly wheel. Didnt happen. Maybe the stator or something. Nope.

So I keep pulling apart exploring my motor hoping there gonna be in some obvious place. Yeah right. I still havnt found them yet. But I am seeing anti freeze all over the place, which means something thats I dont know. Either a blown head gasket or a split head gasket. Loud450man I think is his name on here suggested those two things. Heres some follow up pics to what im saying.
1003065_487134131374797_1766205523_n.jpg
1185727_487204791367731_645534126_n.jpg

I guessing that what he means by a split head gasket? I do not see any cracks in the gasket. There is also anti freeze all over the bottom of the cylinder sleeve. Let me know what you guys think

Btw all im pointing out in the cylinder picture is that theres a drop of anti freeze on there. I've been seeing that through out the motor as I take it apart.

Back