Christian Rock

Do you like any Christian Metal bands?

• Total voters
hmmm

dont like christian bands, alot of em are just NORMAL rock bands, and are merely tagging themselves christian rock to get an audience..OR are being tagged christian rock purely because of religioug beliefs or because their music may just happen to reflect a few christian things here and there

so sorry if this is a bit of a stereotype, but thas just the way me and friends see it, while some music is indeed enjoyable, we just dont get the tagging of "christian rock", like that REALLY makes a big fat difference, most of them probably never uttered anything christian in their entire lives!

Linkin Park certainly has many songs that can be viewed as 'Christian', like "Somewhere I Belong"...but I think it is up to individual people in the end to decide the meaning of a song to them.

I don't know much about Christian rock, I usually just listen to secular rock music and call it a day. I wish that there were more good Christian rock bands though, like Chevelle. They rule (and yes, they are a Christian band!).

Linkin Park certainly has many songs that can be viewed as 'Christian', like "Somewhere I Belong"...but I think it is up to individual people in the end to decide the meaning of a song to them.

I don't know much about Christian rock, I usually just listen to secular rock music and call it a day. I wish that there were more good Christian rock bands though, like Chevelle. They rule (and yes, they are a Christian band!).

Thogh some people are mad about the swearing on Vena Sera,though I didn't think it was that big of a deal

Hazi[LP]Tonz;516631 said:
hmmm

dont like christian bands, alot of em are just NORMAL rock bands, and are merely tagging themselves christian rock to get an audience..OR are being tagged christian rock purely because of religioug beliefs or because their music may just happen to reflect a few christian things here and there

so sorry if this is a bit of a stereotype, but thas just the way me and friends see it, while some music is indeed enjoyable, we just dont get the tagging of "christian rock", like that REALLY makes a big fat difference, most of them probably never uttered anything christian in their entire lives!

No, I disagree with that. I think it's more the other way around. They're Christian Rock, they write lyrics about God and worship and such, but they word things vaguely enough to interpereted differently to people who listen to secular music, so they can get THAT wider audience. It's really a form of evangelism. It's like saying "If you like this song about love, look at it like this...." You know?

Here, look at it this way.

Better than Drugs - Skillet
Comatose

Feel Your every heartbeat
Feel You on these empty nights
Calm the aches; stop the shakes
You clear my mind
You're my escape, from this messed up place
'Cause You let me forget
You know my pain

How can I tell You, just all that You are?
And what You do to me?

You're better than drugs!
Your love is like wine
I feel You coming on so fast
Feel You coming to get me high
Addicted for life!
Feel You coming on to get me high!

Feel You when I'm restless
Feel You when I can not cope
You're my addiction, my prescription
My antedote.
You kill the poison; ease the suffering
Calm the rage when I'm afraid
To feel again

And what You do to me?

Your love is like wine
Addicted for life!

And what You do to me?

You're the strength of my life

Your love is like wine
Addicted for life!

Feel You come to get me high

To get me high!

This is a good example. This is a song to God. BUT, the way it's sung it sounds like it could be to anyone. Even the leader at an AA meeting, you know?

i dont get it... so many bands claim they are "Christian" but if you look at the lyrics there is not a hint that its Christian and if you look at their lives theres not a hint that its Christian...
i mean no offence to anyone but P.O.D being a christian band? do they ever mention "God" or "Jesus" no so just because they claim to be Christian and their lyrics seem like it doesent mean they are Christian. dont judge a book by its cover. thats just my opinion

i dont get it... so many bands claim they are "Christian" but if you look at the lyrics there is not a hint that its Christian and if you look at their lives theres not a hint that its Christian...
i mean no offence to anyone but P.O.D being a christian band? do they ever mention "God" or "Jesus" no so just because they claim to be Christian and their lyrics seem like it doesent mean they are Christian. dont judge a book by its cover. thats just my opinion

P.O.D. actually does talk a lot about God and spirituality,they just tend to refer to him as Jah

Also the Advance Copy of The Devil Wears Prada's new album is on Demonoid!

So you're basically stereotyping and pigeon-holing Christians into people that are hypocrites if they say anything other than "I Love Jesus" over and over again in their songs? That's stupid, to be honest. Christianity is more than saying "I love Jesus." We are still human, and deal with the same things everyone else does, so why can't our music reflect that?

I think anyone who stereotypes Christian is a bigger idiot than they claim the stereotypee to be.

So you're basically stereotyping and pigeon-holing Christians into people that are hypocrites if they say anything other than "I Love Jesus" over and over again in their songs? That's stupid, to be honest. Christianity is more than saying "I love Jesus." We are still human, and deal with the same things everyone else does, so why can't our music reflect that?

I think anyone who stereotypes Christian is a bigger idiot than they claim the stereotypee to be.
nope not stereotyping it, i myself have some of that music like skillets, p.o.d ext. i just disagree that they are all christian, just because they sing like the lyrics posted by skillets before, does that mean its for God? i mean he could be singing it to anyone/thing. i mean there are some christian metal bands who claim to be christian but then have budha on their cover...

nope not stereotyping it, i myself have some of that music like skillets, p.o.d ext. i just disagree that they are all christian, just because they sing like the lyrics posted by skillets before, does that mean its for God? i mean he could be singing it to anyone/thing. i mean there are some christian metal bands who claim to be christian but then have budha on their cover...

Well, if a fourth grader draws a swastikaa on a piece of paper because he thinks it's a cool looking shape, does that make him a Nazi?

Back