CJMs 2013 Build

CJM

Truck Yea
As you all pretty well know Ive been planning a rebuild for awhile. Just got all the parts I need for the motor today and will be sending the head off to P&P as well as new valves and springs.

Currently were sitting with:
-2004 450R, stock motor, CT exhaust with open tip (spark arrestors ok but meh open tip has more power) and thats basically it besides an outerwears box I custom made, and an 06+ swinger setup. FWIW once I can get it started it runs rather well. my only worry is the clutch arm seal leaks a bit b/c I welded the case on the bike for the case saver. Im hoping my welder just fried the seal-but if not I think a new seal and some RTV may work well.

The build has evolved overtime into the following:
-12:1 CP piston sb/ss
-Stage 2 hotcam
-Used but EXCELLENT shape clutch/basket (ty Ed!)
-Ported head from Matt at Dynamite w/valve job, new valves and springs
-Tokyo Mods clutch springs

Later:
-CFM airbox if I can find one used
-+1 arms (most likely houser or JD)
-GT Thunder MX link
-Revalved stock shocks, probably dirtworks since jet is closing
-GFX
-Custom cut PRM swinger skidplate
-PRM chassis skid
-PRM Edge bumper possibly
-Pro armor grab bar
-JD +1 custom anti-vibe stem
-FCR off a dirtbike

Otherwise should be good to go. Goal is to make an excellent desert/trail riding machine. I dont need the most insane power and I dont need the most hopped up suspension. My days of riding balls to the wall are mostly over, cant afford to get hurt these days anymore.

I REALLY wanted to do an all out build but I think Im going to focus on making it a runner for now. Later on perhaps this winter Id like to PC the frame candy apple or perhaps a metallic flake red, then if funds allow Id REALLY like to get some white plastics PC the wheels gold, get a blue seat and do a retro 250/crf looking build. Think it would look BA!

This thing should go good when you're done!

Get with me when you're ready to find a carb and I'll give you the skinny.... Or ask Dave, he'll tell ya, lol.

Thanks guys. So far you and dave have been super helpful as well as mamito (can I drop your name at dirtworks lol?) in this build.

I cant wait to have it all done up, I just pray the jugs good and not wallowed out..it is either new stock sized jug or 480 kit.

Thanks guys. So far you and dave have been super helpful as well as mamito (can I drop your name at dirtworks lol?) in this build.

I cant wait to have it all done up, I just pray the jugs good and not wallowed out..it is either new stock sized jug or 480 kit.

Jugs aren't very expensive depending on what kinda jugs your paying for. ;)

Looking good, I'm tuned into this one!

Look at a CRF carb, I got mone for like 100 bucks from a CRF 250 and I don't even have to cut the wires on the TPS and I have $200 into the carb(+jets)

That was the plan Dave. Im probably gonna look for a clean one for awhile and when I get one I'll put it on during the winter months when I go over everything to make sure its tip top for spring.

Don't quote me but I think 2004 is the best year for the TPS plug, I think it can only be bored to 42.5 though, which is fine by me lol.

Any year 450f carb will need the TPS rewired but they start off at 40mm.. but if it's getting bored anyway, pick up a 250 carb (they are cheaap compared to the 450f carbs)

You're having Matt do the work and he charges the same to have it bored from 37mm or 40mm, the 250 carb just has the wiring already done. Not a big deal, your more than capable but a PITA none the less lol

Sounds good Dave

Edit: Just was replacing the swingarm pinch bolts b/c mine are a bit stripped from PO. Decided to see just how much play the axle had since I had to go to town with my grinder and a sanding disc on the sprocket and brake hub when I did the carrier. Imho it has too much, can clearly move it ever so slightly up and down and get that little audible thump thump. Looks like I need a new axle/brake hub now, hopefully I can nab a good used setup.Oh well I tried to save it lol.

I asked you to not reply. Please delete your post Ryan. As for riding with you, that will never happen as long as either of us live, ok?

Currently Pm ethanschaeffer on the org, we shall see what happens Ed. I need one thats in good shape, mine was all galled up on the sprocket hub. Axle itself is fine but I aint pressing out the sprocket hub lol.

I asked you to not reply. Please delete your post Ryan. As for riding with you, that will never happen as long as either of us live, ok?

Currently Pm ethanschaeffer on the org, we shall see what happens Ed. I need one thats in good shape, mine was all galled up on the sprocket hub. Axle itself is fine but I aint pressing out the sprocket hub lol.

He's a good guy to deal with! I got two Unis/Box/Tube for $61 shipped! Text him up, good guy to shoot the breeze with:gr_cheers:

I've definitely got axles CJM x2 stock, one 0 to +4 all in decent shape, I got two bikes coming up for parts now in this next week so let me know if you want anything..

Dang stew, I just got one thru ethan shafer at the org. Oh well.. I need anything else along the way Ill let you know.

Also scored a near brand new brake hub off ebay for $35 shipped.

See, I tried to save the axle/hub b/c they were all chewed up but I guess taking 1/8" off was to much.

Back