CJMs 2013 Build

Might take you up on that Dave, for now I got Ed to gimme some hubs.

I saw the airbox, but I need the CFM one b/c I was interested in running the larger 250r filter as well as having the clearance. Reminds me, how many of you raised the airbox for the MX links?

Clearance was the key to the CFM box, the MX link allows everything to hit. I spose I could make a homemade lift kit, its nothing but flat AL bar stock anyway.

I do have a quick question for those with an 04-05: I have cleaned the carb many times, replaced the float and needle (with known good one)and still when I tip it on the grab bar it leaks out from the carb into the air filter if I dont drain the bowl. Its not leaking out rhe overflow hose tho. Petcock is good.

Its getting really annoying. The r carb on my 400 did not do this. Im thinking the needle valve needs replacing and I should clean the heck out of that passage. Stupid question coming from a guy who knows what hes doing but this is bugging me.

Might take you up on that Dave, for now I got Ed to gimme some hubs.

I saw the airbox, but I need the CFM one b/c I was interested in running the larger 250r filter as well as having the clearance. Reminds me, how many of you raised the airbox for the MX links?

Haven't used the airbox risers I bought at all yet and I'm on my 4th setup. I've never had an issue hitting the box, which is why I bought the air box lifter

Really, you never hit the box with the MX link?

If it has I've never cracked it or noticed.. I thought for sure I'd need it but it hasn't been the case.

That's with;

04/05 GTT setuo
06+ GTT setup
06+ Shorty setup
04/05 Elka lt setup..

I'm going to test and see with the new 06+ box without my shock on and use the compressed/extended lengths to see if I have any issues with clearence. Worse coes to worse Mark I've got a cheap riser kit that I dont think I can use with an 06 box

Yea Im shocked it doesnt hit. I know on the 400 I had to raise it some otherwise it hit but that was a XC link.

My 450 airbox hit with the mx link and gt thunder rear shock...i just re drilled bolt holes in the box and raised it about a inch.... depends on how hard or soft you like your shock as well

Hmm, how heavy are you Bryson? I framed out a dozen or so times at least trying to dial in that shorty setup so you'd think I'd have issues if you did lol

yea I thought you were pretty light bryson? I think Im just gonna make my own riser kit out of some AL flat bar and look for another cfm for a good deal later. Still got time, still need to do the motor.

if you cant use the riser kit Im good for it Dave.

Like I said I got the whole 06+ box from Ethan and there's different part numbers listed for the different air boxes so even if I do have clearence issues on the new box I don't think it'll be any good to me. lol

Whenever ya feel like sending it out then I guess. How much ya want?

Edit: Ed I got the hubs, thank you. Splines look good as do the studs. Im currently filling in any imperfections and then gonna paint them gloss black.

Too dang hot to ride today so I figured Id yank the motor out to begin the build.

Everything went fine till I went to drain the oil and I realized the bolt doesnt tighten anymore. it has been sketchy since I got the quad but Ive only ridden maybe 8x and changed the oil like 3x.

So timesert time. Question is shortest insert is 10mm long but the hole is barely 6mm long, and the bolt is like 20mm long. Timeserts site says you can install the insert, loctite it in and then file/mill whatever you dont need off. IDK I think running it in there totally would be a better idea.I also dont see why you couldnt cut down the insert but the site says you cant. Weird...

Edit: nvm about length, theres a hole I didnt see in there for the oil galleries to drain. threaded hols is much longer.

Back