Do you still like Linkin Park?

spike91232004

Ok I'm making this thread, because I suddenly feel like I don't like them anymore... O_O

I don't know why though. It just happened. I hope I'm just being stupid today and tomorrow I will like them. But I haven't listened to any of their CD's for a couple months.

So who on here still likes them as much as they used to or their like'ness for them has faded away a bit?

I mean how can LP expect people to still like them as much after they haven't released a new album for 2 and a half years..O__O

AHHH...

This is nothing but a side effect of the fact that there hasn't been any new LP material released since 2003. When LP comes out with a new album, you'll like them again. Trust me :)

^^Yeah thanks, I just am so pissed right now since "I don't like them". So obviously I do, but I don't. AHHH I hate this feeling.

Agent2594 said:
This is nothing but a side effect of the fact that there hasn't been any new LP material released since 2003. When LP comes out with a new album, you'll like them again. Trust me :)

Yes. Thats true.

Although I still love LP as much as I did back in 03.

Ya, I listened to Meteora for the first time in ages the other day. Sometimes it's good to have a bit of a break from a band (and LP gives us plenty of opportunity for this ;) )
Can't wait til the mixtape song is released, the news of that got me all excited about LP stuff again :)

I do still like LP, but I don't listen to them like at all anymore. I basicly skip them when they come up on iTunes (oooh I'm a bad person). Probably when they get new stuff I'll get into them again. Maybe.

I'm basically the same way. I don't remember the last time I even listened to LP but I know I still like them. Like, when I heard about Mike and Chester releasing an separate ablum.. I was excited. As soon as they release a new ablum, you'll be a huge fan again. I know I will be.

I think it's natural for people to lose interest during a downtime for the band. When they slip out of the spotlight we need something to take that focus so yeah, it's a sentiment I understand, but I don't relate to. I love LP religiously and I still represent when and where I can just to show my support. Aside from the show-ponying, I genuinely love what they do, what they stand for, and what they are. Their music still moves me like it did the first time I listened to it, only now I have a deeper understanding for it. I can relate to their songs on different days, but some people will find other songs and other artists to meet their requirements or that they feel represent their feelings better. So be it. People's tastes change and people move on, that's life.
LP has just been a step in the road for all of us, one day when they eventually retire we will all move on, some just don't tread this particular path as long as others. Don't feel bad that you're moving on. As long as you enjoyed your time on planet LP, then you've nothing to regret.

Amusingly enough I stopped listening to LP to listen to FM but now I'm mixing the two, which makes me wonder how the next offering is gonna sound - if there's gonna be a FM influence for instance. It's all conjecture, but still...
I did worry when word of FM and Chas' solo project came out because that was around the Warner Split fiasco time and I was genuinely worried they were prematurely calling it quits. But now I know they aren't I'm cosy in my little world. I listen to my fav LP tracks on my mp3 player along with the FM mixtape, TRT and a bit of NIN, Gorillaz, Soundagrden, Metallica and so forth in there to mix it up a bit. But LP still dominates my stereo. All this waiting makes me more eager for new stuff... *salivating* Even though I get pissed when three band members can be seen doing their own thing and the other three appear to disappear off the face of the planet altogether... I get curious... but I'm eagerly anticipating more... FM has kept me relatively sane for now. A smart and timely release by the sounds of it... :rolleyes:

-Rav :D

They are still a good band...I don't worship them like I used too, but they are still a good band and the albums still haven't gotten old to me.

[LP]GotLinkinPark? said:
I do still like LP, but I don't listen to them like at all anymore. I basicly skip them when they come up on iTunes (oooh I'm a bad person). Probably when they get new stuff I'll get into them again. Maybe.
haha i do that too >.< we are bad fans, but i still like them i just reallly need to hear new stuff from them.

i still love 'em, i guess it's hard to be satisfied with something so repeatative though. having to listen to the same cd's over and over does get tiring, but as soon as they put out the new **** everything will be great again :thumbsup:

I was gonna make this exact same thread lol

anyway, well, I took a long break from them, and only started to listen to them again just recently. so I've kinda been going back to HT and such, but I've still lost a lot of interest, I'm with Clogz here, I don't worship them as I used to.

Back