Fav Airports of the World

woodyloveslinkin

aka Gloomy Mushroom
Okay this a question for the people who have travelled overseas.

I've been overseas many a times, but only to two countries, so here are mine, a bit narrow minded, but *shrugs* still counts.

My two favs are Singapore Airport (God bless that airport massively large and awesome to get lost in, like I have several times), and Bangalore Airport, in India (not the capital's airport, New Dehli, i hate their airport) India rocked (I got to totally stack it on the Taj Mahal), hoping to go back to both Singapore and India for photography expeditions =), meh, Sydney airport, *shrugs* only good thing about that place is the good coffee places, and oh the duty-free shopping =) and than that, just a bunch of conspiracy baggage handlers.

Frankfurt (Germany) airport was nice.
Tel Aviv airport (Israel) was huge and so beautiful.
Brussels (Belgium) - same old story... boring
Kreta (greece) airport - nothing special
Izmir Airport (Turkey) - nothing special
Antalya airport (Turkey) - nothing special
Amsterdam airport (Netherlands) - Okay
Almeria airport (Spain) - small, boring
Malaga airport i think (Spain) - nothing special

___

I guess Frankfurt & Tel aviv are my favourite.

I'll be visiting some new airports this year, so maybe i'll change my mind

I've been at the airport in Friedrichshafen (Germany), Stansted (London) and the one in Dublin (I think Dublin just has one) lol
The one in Friedrichshafen is a pretty small one... kinda cute ^^ lol
Stansted seemed very nice, big but you can't really loose yourself (imo)
And the one in Dublin was confusing for me x] We had to walk a loooong way go get outta there lol but I loved the signs in English and Gaelic (?) well Irish lol

Atlanta is my favorite of course. Munchen, Germany's is 2nd. I love that one.

other ones that I have no opinion of:
Seattle
Dallas/Ft. Worth
Fort Myers
Orlando
Denver
Rome, Italy

the worst one EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER

is

CHARLES DE GAULLE IN PARIS. holy ****ing ****. biggest disaster of an airport that ive ever been in. wow it's awful.

Singapore was nice but it was just sooooo ****ing humid there that we couldn't stay outside in one of the cute little garden areas for more than a few minutes cause the air was just sooo warm :/

I'm gonna big up Manchesterrrr mayyyyyteee haha it's mint! Best local airport everrrrr.

I've been to loads more but I don't really remember them! Not something I really take into account on holiday tbh.

Bangkok was scary but if I'd had more time to explore it, it probably would've been better than what I saw in my rushing - it was HUGE, had to go over and over and over those travelator things, thought it would never end, its so easy to get lost, but I will say the art and the architecture is pretty awesome though ;) There were crowds everywhere, armed guards everywhere (making their presence felt) and so many security checkpoints to clear. Freaky. Couldn't see much outside either, the haze was really bad. Sun was rising and everything was just sort of grey. That was a bummer. Watching the news though when I can't speak a word of Asian was a treat though! hahaha.

Athens *shrugs* was okay. A little chaotic. Confusing. Luckily I followed the crowds. LOTS of space inside the lounges waiting to depart. Almost too much room. Easy to get lost here too if you're not paying attention. People are pretty helpful though. Easy to find help if you need it. And a stack of stores too... Views were nice from terminal windows. Still remember the red mountains and blue sky... gorgeous scenery.

Kreta/Crete was okay too. A lot smaller. Was freaky having never traveled OS before to arrive at a small airport with armed security and stuff and it was hot as! Sort of had a military-base feel to it. But that's where I met my sis so I was too wrecked by that stage to process much beyond emotion and jetlag. I remember the heat, the souvenir shops, and the gardens out front most of all. All those flags... *distant sigh*

Sydney International. What can I say? It's Sydney. Uptight and anal. But still not as scary as Bangkok was. Probably one of the most efficient. Well, it was smooth for me anyway. But then again even taking a dump there requires paper work so what do you expect ;) hahaha. Just kidding.

Brisbane International was fair. Actually no it was almost probably the worst. It's crowded, it's chaotic, and the whole twin terminals can get confusing. And trying to get a cab is painful. Was under the impression the security guards would watch you get mugged for entertainment they looked that bored. Other than that it was alright I guess. Waiting for 7 hours by myself watching the janitors do their thing before sun up was something I never want to repeat. Security is laaaaax to the extreme there. Or was. Didn't accomodate for anyone coming in on late/early flights. It's like the whole place just shuts down at a certain point and good luck to anyone that arrives and has to wait after that. You're on your own. Dozed on a couch at a cafe near a few back packers for a bit waiting for the sun to come up. It's as dull as. Pass.

Would love to see more but my travels thus far are limited. Would like to go to the US one day. Ireland, Scotland, Wales... hell... I'd go almost anywhere for the experience. One day I'll see the world. Just to say I've seen it.
;)

Singapore was nice but it was just sooooo ****ing humid there that we couldn't stay outside in one of the cute little garden areas for more than a few minutes cause the air was just sooo warm :/

I'm gonna big up Manchesterrrr mayyyyyteee haha it's mint! Best local airport everrrrr.

I've been to loads more but I don't really remember them! Not something I really take into account on holiday tbh.

lol i worked at manchester airport for 6 years so i hate the place!!!!

I haven't been to many. Kastrup in Copenhagen was nice though, and Keflavik back here in Iceland is small and nice too

Stanstead looked really...I dunno, dirty? when I came there. like not very clean, not very nice

Lol do you guys go to airports and just admire the scenery?

I've been to a good few airports but I don't really remember then I guess...but well I remember Orlando...it wasn't bad when I went...

I usually use BWI...which is pretty boring.