First Post - Are Christian and Muslim Fundamentalists the same?

I think both Christian and Muslim extremists are terrible people. Muslim extremists are much worse; but that does not justify the hatred of fanatical Christians.

Morfos said:
I think both Christian and Muslim extremists are terrible people. Muslim extremists are much worse; but that does not justify the hatred of fanatical Christians.
And I think you're an IDIOT. :mad:

MR. DR. said:
Well MRIH, the Christians have slowed their role in the past century, but were responsible for not one but TWO crusades that killed coutless people, the Salem witch trials that killed an unknown amount of innocent American women, the destruction and near extiction of not one but TWO mesoamerican societies (Inca and Aztec), the Spanish Inquisition (Iron Maiden anyone?)and probably more, but I can't think of them. The Muslims have their share of bullshit too like 9/11, but you don't see them systematically exterminating entire societies.
To answer the main question, yes they are the same. While they may have slightly different agendas, they both think that they are the "one and only" and that everyone who disagrees with them is a heretic and should be put to death, or in some way be sedated.

This is what I have devoted my life to change; the misconceptions about Christian history.

Crusades

Christianity was NOT responsible for two Crusades. Corrupt caliphates abused Christian pilgrims to the Holy Lands was the catalyst, but Muslim invasions - which reached as far as Vienna Austria - twice!! - and the expulsion of Islam from Andolusia (Spain) was the reason for the Crusades. It was a war of survival to check Muslim expansion plans in Europe.

The Salem witch trials

- try reading this http://www.cog.org/witch_hunt.html
by a Wiccan with a M.A. in medieval history.

In short the Salem trials were the result of a teenage girl trying to get attention for herself, and Cotton Mather, far from a villain, was the hero for trying to convince the court to accept only certain types of evidence and reject hearsay and rumors.

the destruction of mesoamerican societies (Inca and Aztec)

In 1532 Spanish soldier and adventurer Francisco Pizzaro landed in Peru with a force of about 180 men. Conditions were favorable to conquest, for the empire was debilitated by a just-concluded civil war between the heirs to the Inca throne, Atahualpa and Huascar, each of whom was seeking to control the empire. This internal dissension, plus the terror inspired by Spanish guns and horses