Give me quotes or give me death!

Do we really think that a government-dominated education is going to produce citizens capable of dominating their government, as the education of a truly vigilant self-governing people requires?

- Alan Keyes

No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change. ~ Barbara De Angelis

Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).

-Ayn Rand "The Virtue of Selfishness"

And Alaska -- we're set up, unlike other states in the union, where it's collectively Alaskans own the resources. So we share in the wealth when the development of these resources occurs. ... It's to maximize benefits for Alaskans, not an individual company, not some multinational somewhere, but for Alaskans." --Sarah Palin, explaining the windfall profits tax that she imposed on the oil industry in Alaska as a mechanism for ensuring that Alaskans "share in the wealth" generated by oil companies, New Yorker interview, Sept. 2008

But ultimately what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy." --Sarah Palin, explaining the $700 billion government bailout of Wall Street to Karie Couric, CBS News interview, Sept. 24, 2008

Liberal commie?

I don't know if you're going to use the word 'terrorist' there." --Sarah Palin, asked if people who bomb abortion clinics are terrorists, NBC News interview, Oct. 23, 2008

Hero's constitutionally protected pursuit of happiness?

RoyalOrleans said:
"Hero's what? Did you mean heroes?"

-RO trying to decypher Wez-speak.

Better?

Here's some more gems..

Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending soldiers out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan." --Sarah Pailn, on the Iraq war, speaking to students at the Wasilla Assembly of God, June 2008

Who's God is that?

I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that." --Sarah Palin, on the $30 billion national gas pipeline project that she wanted built in the state, speaking to students the Wasilla Assembly of God, June 2008

Yeah.. God's will allright..

What would your response be if I asked you to remove some books from the collection?" --Sarah Palin, inquiring with Wasilla librarian Mary Ellen Emmons about banning books right after taking office in 1996

God's will?

"The good, say the mystics of spirit, is God, a being whose only definition is that he is beyond man's power to conceive- a definition that invalidates man's consciousness and nullifies his concepts of existence. Man's mind, say the mystics of spirit, must be subordinated to the will of God. Man's standard of value, say the mystics of spirit, is the pleasure of God, whose standards are beyond man's power of comprehension and must be accepted on faith. The purpose of man's life is to become an abject zombie who serves a purpose he does not know, for reasons he is not to question." - From Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men." -- Abraham Lincoln

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Former President Theodore Roosevelt, 1918

"The only way this could be better is if Teddy Roosevelt came riding in on his horse right now and gave one of his speeches." - My Uncle Larry during the spectacular 4th of July fireworks show at his Independence Day party.

We should not pretend to understand the world only by the intellect; we apprehend it just as much by feeling. Therefore, the judgement of the intellect is, at best, only the half of truth, as must, if it be honest, also come an understanding of its inadequacy. ~ Carl Jung

"When you rush these budgets that are a foot high and nobody has any idea what's in them and nobody has read them... And it gets rushed through without any clear deliberation or debate then these kinds of things happen." ~ Barack Obama, November 2004

How dare that evil Bush administration and Republican Congress, rush through legislation without allowing debate or giving people time to read it. Humph!

?What good is reading the bill if it?s a thousand pages and you don?t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?? ~ House Judiciary Chairman John Conyers (D-Mich.)

But wait, I thought it was bad to not read the bill before voting? :confused:

"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it." ~ Pastor Adrian Rogers

But I, when I undress me
Each night, upon my knees
Will ask the Lord to bless me
With apple-pie and cheese.

~Eugene Field​

Hands down my favorite fiction writer:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?When we're incomplete, we're always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we're still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on--series polygamy--until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter.?

Tom Robbins

emkay64 said:
Hands down my favorite fiction writer:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?When we're incomplete, we're always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we're still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on--series polygamy--until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter.?

Tom Robbins

I always have to laugh when someone is getting divorced for the third or fourth time and they are once again blaming their ex.

?I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.?

Winston Churchill

?The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.?

Albert Einstein

Back