Give me quotes or give me death!

ImWithStupid said:
Right now, if insurance companies are unfair in their practice and coverage of claims you can appeal to the government to make sure they are not being unfair.

When the government IS the insurance company, who do you appeal to? ~ IWS

When ya start quoting yourself ya probably an egotistical ass---Hugo

There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for. ~ Tom Robbins

Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature. ~ Tom Robbins

When they tell you to grow up, they mean stop growing.~ Tom Robbins

Our own royalty, somebody who we have become so extraordinarily proud of, somebody who I?ve just come to adore, and who is somebody who?s going to make us proud for many, many years to come, because she?s not term-limited, the newest justice of the Supreme Court, Sonia Sotomayor. ~ President Barack Obama

Well I guess it's kind of refreshing for President Obama or any of the rest of the liberal elite or limousine liberal elites, to admit they feel themselves superior to the rest of us.

We are friends and I do like to pass the day with you in serious and inconsequential chatter. I wouldn't mind washing up beside you, dusting beside you, reading the back half of the paper while you read the front. We are friends and I would miss you, do miss you and think of you very often. ~ Jeanette Winterson

Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down. ~ Anonymous

There are three types of friends: those like food, without which you can't live; those like medicine, which you need occasionally; and those like an illness, which you never want. ~ anonymous

Political Correctness: A doctrine... which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

- The Spaniard.

I guess depending on who the president is determines whether or not the whole government can be trusted. And when Obama is no longer president, and we?re left with the Government run healthcare, are you still gonna be happy that bureaucrats are overseeing your healthcare? -pjtv from here

From one of the local radio talk show dudes (paraphrased slightly cause I listen faster than I can type):

"One year ago I got to hug John MacCain.

He's kinda old, ya know.

I also got to hug Sarah Palin.

She smells nice."

We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path ~ Paulo Coelho

The secret of attraction is to love yourself. Attractive people judge neither themselves nor others. They are open to gestures of love. They think about love, and express their love in every action. They know that love is not a mere sentiment, but the ultimate truth at the heart of the universe ~ Deepak Chopra

When I am able to resist the temptation to judge others, I can see them as teachers of forgiveness in my life, reminding me that I can only have peace of mind when I forgive rather than judge. ~ Gerald Jampolsky

I am convinced we do not only love ourselves in others but hate ourselves in others too. ~ Georg C. Lichtenberg

I Rather Have People Hate Me For Who I Am Than Love Me For Who I'm Not ~ Rocio Solano

"How many times have I told you people? If you are gonna decorate the drunks, have a fire extinguisher ready!" -The Crab Man

Got this from CAPT Bill Pappas, USN (Ret). He didn't give any other attribution:

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets?
?So love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don't.
If you get a chance -- take it.
If it changes your life -- let it.
Nobody promised life would be easy.
They just said it would be worth it.
Live simply; love generously; care deeply; speak kindly; and enjoy life!"​

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. ~ Albert Einstein

Men have become the tools of their tools. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Our land is everything... I will tell you one of the things we remember on our land.
We remember that our grandfauthers paid for it ---- with their lives.
-John Wooden​

"Here's to it, and to it again; and if you ever get to it and don't do it; you'll never get to it again" someone Irish holding a mug of beer :D

Given one more try what would I change?
I won't deny the thought is strange.
I've done my best and I will lay no blame,
but on myself. ~ Chris Cornell

Back