Hardcore?

Suicide King

[space for rent]
In the past months I've been violently drawn into this genre and I'm loving it. I understand some people might be turned off by screaming in music, so I wanted to see how big this genre is on LPF. Some bands I dig-
Unearth
Norma Jean
Throwdown
Poison the Well
Everytime I Die
Darkest Hour
As I Lay Dying
Atreyu
It Dies Today

Talk amongst yourselves.

meh, i'm a weird one, i love slipknot, but i hate atreyu. i love as i lay dying, but i hate trivium. it just depends on how they scream i guess, lol

how can you hate atreyu? Have you heard bleeding mascara or the crimson?

Okay, how about a totally different kinda of hardcore, punk hardcore:
No warning(old stuff)
carry on
champion
outbreak
betrayed

or, melodic hardcore:
No warning (new stuff)
miles away

I go to the local hardcore shows were I live sometimes. All the guys dress in girls cloths, have black hair, and hardcore dance to the unsigned emo/screamo bands that play. This is what is concidered hardcore where I live. o_O

but the most hardcore band I've ever really liked was the oldschool AFI. And that actually wasn't that hardcore. but I guess "Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes" is a pretty hardcore album. :D

The only bands I've heard out of your list, Sui, is Atreyu and As I Lay Dying... but I haven't listened to either of them, lmao.

I need to get out more.. >.>

well, check out any one of those bands, because I truly do not know how to describe it, well, ok, ill do my best.

Hardcore(modern hardcore actually, like sui was talking about):screaming, alot of times that explosive kind of screaming, and guitars, but the background music doesnt matter as long as its not melodic or soft basically

Hardcore(punk):Fast paced background music and a singer with a growl to their scream

Hardcore(Melodic):Slower paced, melodic background music and a singer with a growl to their scream

I usually don't even know what genre music I'm listening, but from those bands I do listen to Atreyu so maybe I listen to more hardcore, when I saw the topictitle I thought it was about electronic hardcore :p

Me that's all I ever listen to like
adema, mudvayne,korn,and all that kinda ****
cause I need to hear screaming strangely
I crave to hear it prolly cause of 7 year's of metal
I guess

I like Atreyu and all... Im really not really into that hardcore thing but I cant really say anything about it cause I havent listened to music like that much.

i don't really like those bands, minus poison the well.. they really all sound too much alike for my taste i mean friggen 3 of them have some form of the word "die" in their name, too cliche/emo for me... the kind of hardcore i'm in to are bands like the dillinger escape plan and glassJAw

I'm not to big on the hardcore scene. I think most of the hxc artists would sound better if they sang more and screamed less. A good example is that Underoath singer, but I guess that ripping of vocal chords is what makes them better, eh? Occasionally yelling is great and exciting but it gets monotonous if it's the whole damn song.

My favorite band besides LP has to be Thrice.

Suicide King said:
Unearth
Norma Jean
Throwdown
Poison the Well
Everytime I Die
Darkest Hour
As I Lay Dying
Atreyu
It Dies Today

Check.
Check.