Heat issues

Turd427

Hey Jeffy can you help me with my glowing red header? I put a new powerband on it, and it still glows at night, but not during the day.

Kyle,

Have you tried reinstalling the previous powerband? If not, do so and re-conduct your test. You can do it during day, just turn all the lights off in your garage. If the pipe still glows then you are fine. If it does not glow then unfortunately your new powerband is out of spec. Simply adjust the spring tension until the pipe glows. To confirm everything is operating properly warm the bike up thoroughly and grab the head pipe firmly for 4-5 seconds. Severe blistering and 2nd degree burns should occur.

Kyle,

Have you tried reinstalling the previous powerband? If not, do so and re-conduct your test. You can do it during day, just turn all the lights off in your garage. If the pipe still glows then you are fine. If it does not glow then unfortunately your new powerband is out of spec. Simply adjust the spring tension until the pipe glows. To confirm everything is operating properly warm the bike up thoroughly and grab the head pipe firmly for 4-5 seconds. Severe blistering and 2nd degree burns should occur.
:rotflmao:

Back