Help me out please!

Hamza123

I have a small problem in deciding which computer to go with and it's really pissing me off, I bought the Intel Pentium D one but I might exchange it for the AMD, I also found some Dead Pixels on my 21" which pisses me off. (Luckily I have a warranty)... These PCs will fit nicely into my personal budget. I basically will be playing highly graphical games, web design, and running my own web design company on this computer... I want a 64-Bit PC, with RAM at a high Mhz speed. Anyone, I ask you, please tell me your opinion!

FIRST COMPUTER
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...665000FS10070491&catid=10607&logon=&langid=EN

SECOND COMPUTER
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...665000FS10070493&catid=10607&logon=&langid=EN

Which one do you like?

See, I would do so if I had that option but if I want money from my parents than they want 1 from futute shop... If you had to get one of the two, which one would it be?

Hamza123 said:
See, I would do so if I had that option but if I want money from my parents than they want 1 from futute shop... If you had to get one of the two, which one would it be?

Get a job be your own man, don't let the parents keep you down.

Tell them you found a new place..."Phreaks and Geeks computers" Save bucks and get a better machine.

FutureShop was a large chain of stores like BestBuy. They ****ed a bunch of people out of rebates and got a class action lawsuit so huge ,I'm amazed they still have a website!!!hahaha

Anyway,sure go ahead and buy up dude. hehe:D I think I have some old stock I was useing for toilet paper.

Get a job be your own man, don't let the parents keep you down.

Tell them you found a new place..."Phreaks and Geeks computers" Save bucks and get a better machine.

I already have 6 grand from Bursary awards that I am not planning to spend on a computer.. I need it for University, so my parents agreed to buy me a computer if it was from a retail store. I'm either working at Foot Locker, or volunteering at Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada (PSEPC), preparing english articles for French politicians in Qubec... So you see, I could careless what kind of donations I get. I just needed to know weather the AMD Athlon 64 2.0Ghz Dual Core 3800+ could thread better than an Intel Pentium D 820 2.8Ghz Dual Core... I have built computers in the past so I don't know a lot about the whole retail industry... I would build my own computer but at the place I did my high school volunteer hours I broke 7/20 mobo's, those things just won't screw in right for me..

sixes said:
FutureShop was a large chain of stores like BestBuy. They ****ed a bunch of people out of rebates and got a class action lawsuit so huge ,I'm amazed they still have a website!!!hahaha

Anyway,sure go ahead and buy up dude. hehe:D I think I have some old stock I was useing for toilet paper.

Nah Future Shop is strictly Canadian, and the law suit was in the states so it was BEST BUY.. However they're both under the same owners.
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=83192&p=IROL-SingleRelease&t=Regular&id=472563&

People at future shop work comission so they have a better customer support than Best Buy... I bought an HDTV at Best Buy and there was a huge black rectangle in the middle of the screen. I went to go return it 2 days later and it took me 1 hour just to get my money back... I went to FS and got the same HDTV, and I got a 200 Dollar Rebate... I sent it in and it came 6 weeks later... Did i get lucky?

Anyway,sure go ahead and buy up dude. hehe I think I have some old stock I was useing for toilet paper.

I don't see how you could use a computer, let alone plastic as toilet paper, but hey, what ever floats your boat, or in this case, wipes your ass. :D

Sigh... OK, HAMza, $899 and Monitor Not Included ... man your getting ****ing robbed !!

Lets just build it MY way with the same 6100 chipset, and lets see what happens:

BenQ 16X DVD

I won't ever buy a PC from a chain like that. My fiancee built all of ours (except my laptop) and they run great.
Last week, exactly THREE WEEKS after their stupid warranty expired, the hard drive (one year and three weeks old) fried. My brother rebooted, and low and behold, the blue screen of death. That thing was toasted.

Gallytuck said:
I've heard nothing but good things about Dell.
Well, here's a bad one: The newest cases (not xps) can't open all of the way.

Anyway, Hamza, here is an upgraded version of what Phreak suggested...

BIOSTAR GEFORCE 6100-M9 Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
$59.00

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz HT 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - Retail
$213.00

NEC Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M
Cache IDE/ATAPI 16X DVD

Hey man, thanks a lot.

I printed out both what Phreak and you Suggested so I will probobly be going to Oeme sometime this Friday.

As you may already know, New Egg doesn't ship to Canada, BUT, when I called in they told me that their Canadian equivalent is a line of shops in Ontario!!

http://oemexpress.com/

All prices are Candian so their a few extra dollars but thats fine. I just can't wait until NewEgg is available to us Canadians.

w00t!

And yeah, I have an Illegal version of XP Pro so it's np.

Yeah, we have TigerDirect.ca...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=amd+3700+

Horrible prices for Canadians though.

Last time I bought a wireless gaming router from them and it took 18 days to ship (they said the next business day)... And my rebate ain't even back yet.

BTW, Phreak, how did you find installing all that in your Case. It's hard for me not because I don't understand how, but because the setup is difficult to work around, I sometimes break pieces. Any tips?

Hamza123 said:
Yeah, we have TigerDirect.ca...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=amd+3700+

Horrible prices for Canadians though.

Last time I bought a wireless gaming router from them and it took 18 days to ship (they said the next business day)... And my rebate ain't even back yet.

BTW, Phreak, how did you find installing all that in your Case. It's hard for me not because I don't understand how, but because the setup is difficult to work around, I sometimes break pieces. Any tips?
You might also be able to use www.newegg.com.

Back