How my weekend started...

Baileyguns

Dropped that new Moose/CP piston in the bike and said **** it, I'm going to clean up this head while I have it off... Now I need a head, lol

I've Been in worse scenarios, I'll chalk this up to a learning experience. I was taking the bump before the valve boss out and was "almost" done, lol. As you can see I didnt make it to far into the job. At least it was on the first runner and not the last and I have plenty of Bud light left to end the evening.

Moral of the story... Can't learn if you don't try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to use it for practice on the other side and just find another head to put back on...

How is it they get the entire valve boss shave out with out burning though? My thoughts were, I'm just going to take this little bump out and leave that big bump as to not get carried away.

04/05 heads get epoxy in the roof and that front boss area is practically untouuched. I then shape and cut the remaining guide/boss to how i want it

Yes it can stew. Almost anything can be fixed! The guy i use for machine work has shown me some pretty extreme examples that i was amazed with.

So if it's possible... How much material is left on the roof? I understand why the epoxy is used but I figured the roof would have held more then what I cut out.. I should have measured it first but I figured I was safe.

Stew, A bur and a flap wheel on a dremel... Another reason I figured I would be ok. I was pretty ginger about it.

Fix it or learn more?? here's a top side pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
What fuel are you running? Jb weld holds up fine to pump gas and standard 110 leaded. For oxygenated corrosive fuels, e85 or methanol i use an A/B epoxy meant for combustion chambers.

Fix then keep going... don't give up now... drink more then have a think...It'll make sense I promise.. :rotflmao:

You can't get a little run of weld in from the top just to give it a bit more meat?

Back