How my weekend started...

I might give it a shot with the JB... I thought about welding it but started weighing out the hassle to cash ratio... It might just be easier to get another one the to have it welded and machined.

If I can epoxy it from here, I might do that then do the other side and see what I come up with.

Dont want to compromise spring seat surface IMO it would have to be machined if any material was added from the top. JB weld should work fine. Stick/tubes depends on size of the hole. Liquid jb weld likes to run easily. Just dont use the quick **** and let it cure overnight then smooth/shape it with a sanding roll

Would you use liquid or tube or does it really not make a difference? Its small enough that I could mask the backside to keep it from dripping and making a mess.

Thanks Black Jack, live and learn.

I was expecting some bashing (maybe I'm speaking to soon lol)... I know there would have been some if I posted this somewhere else. I'm going to grab some epoxy this morning then head to my cottage and sip some beers next to the water. I'll keep this updated as I go, I haven't seen too many threads like this out there. Maybe when I'm done someone would be kind enough to take a look at it and tell me what I can do better for next time? Maybe I'll put it back on the bike and see some gains? I do know one thing... I'll have fun with it.

Back