Intelligent design taught in our schools. Good or Bad

RoyalOrleans said:
I've got a fantastic idea! Ask the ****ing students what they want to learn! Kids now-a-days are a lot more informed than my generation and the previous, they know what they want to do better than some stuffed shirt legislator or a group of assholes on an internet forum. Let the children decide for themselves... if half want to learn about evolution let 'em... if the other half wants to learn about creationism... let 'em.

I spent, what felt like, an eternity sitting in my desk wondering "What the **** use will algebra do me in the future?". Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. I have not used it to this day, but I have applied every ****ing vocational skill I learned after graduation.

The only thing that interested me aside from working with my hands, was History. A lot of ****ing good it did me, too.
Sorry RO, any idea that actually makes sense is going to fall on deaf ears... The educational system of the US needs an enema!

RoyalOrleans said:
I've got a fantastic idea! Ask the ****ing students what they want to learn! Kids now-a-days are a lot more informed than my generation and the previous, they know what they want to do better than some stuffed shirt legislator or a group of assholes on an internet forum. Let the children decide for themselves... if half want to learn about evolution let 'em... if the other half wants to learn about creationism... let 'em.

I spent, what felt like, an eternity sitting in my desk wondering "What the **** use will algebra do me in the future?". Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. I have not used it to this day, but I have applied every ****ing vocational skill I learned after graduation.

The only thing that interested me aside from working with my hands, was History. A lot of ****ing good it did me, too.

Nice idea, but I think your putting too much faith in the younger generation. Hell, half the shmucks I see around here are failures even with what they School system forces them to do, the last thing we need is for all these idiots to decide they want to take a "Hows tah be gangstaz" class.

I also think its the Schools obligation to make certain classes mandatory. If they didn't force you to take history, you might not have chosen to by yourself and this topic, the only one you found interesting according to your post, would have possibly gone by unnoticed. Without forcing kids to expierence certain things, they might not never realized their full potential on their own.

Komrade Vostok Hazard said:
Just a Question about Satanism:

I read something about satanism that stated that it involved NO supernatural/divine beings, but rather that "Satan" is a force of nature, and they tend to believe in principles such as "Indulgance" rather than "abstinance"

Is this bullshit?

I depends on who the satanist who gives you that answer.... Most commercial satanists, would give you that exact answer... That seems to be the prevailing philosophy surounding the pupils of Anton Lavey.... But he only did that as a commercial stunt, and later admitted that he was only in it for the money... What happens when your trying to sell the truth is, you sacrafice certain truths so that what ever it is that your trying to sell is more palletable to a larger group.... Hardly a good way to explain anything...

If you subsribe to 'historical satanism' the way I do, it's not indulgence that you want, it's fulfilment... mentally and physically... Humans are both mental and physical creatures and to deny one over the other will stunt you in your quest for illumination or enlightenment... we are goddly souls in mortal bodies... that is why our souls escape and live on after our bodies die... we are the mortal gods...

there are major differences between commercial satanism and historical satanism... anyone who supports commercial satanism is just trying to stand out in the crowd... don't buy thier ****... it's tainted

Thermite Wielding Troll said:
Alright, that explains it...well, not really, but I'll find some way to accept it.

It's nothing occultist or secret... you just have to read alot... amazon.com is my friend

The Hammurabi law code has until recently been considered the oldest, until the laws of Eshnunna (ca. 1800 BC), Lipit-Ishtar (ca. 1930 BC) and Old Babylonian school extracts (ca. 1900-1700 BC) of Ur-Nammu were discovered. Hammurabi's laws represented the inhuman Law of Retaliation, "an Eye for an Eye", that was taken up in the laws of Moses and subsequent legislation.
How Ironic is it, that the OLDEST KNOWN RECORDED LAW, or even "COMMANDMENT" if you would want to call it that, is:

DON'T GET MAD, GET EVEN !!

And to think that the bible originated from Sumerian scripts !!

Which, IT DID !!
.​

phreakwars said:
How Ironic is it, that the OLDEST KNOWN RECORDED LAW, or even "COMMANDMENT" if you would want to call it that, is:

DON'T GET MAD, GET EVEN !!

And to think that the bible originated from Sumerian scripts !!

Which, IT DID !!
.​

You have issues with eye for an eye, Phreakwars? Where does this one fit into the ten commandments of the new testament?

Thermite Wielding Troll said:
On what basis do you say the Bible originated from Sumarian scripts Phreak?
Go back to the link to the Earth History page, there is much evidence to support this. Sumerian text is older then Christianity, many of the same teachings of these texts can be found in the bible, as well as many of the common names.

Now being realistic, Christianity didn't start out with a ****ing bible falling from the sky, it started like all religions would start, with ancient cultures.

The year of birth of Adam, has been estimated to be 4004 B.C.

http://www.earth-history.com/Generation.htm

This being the case, Christianity can ONLY be traced back that far.... actually NOT EVEN that far..

Now, since the lands where Christianity was spawned is the same lands of the Sumerian who lived there before (which is about 6000 B.C.), its pretty obvious where Christianity came from.

As for the "EYE FOR AN EYE" law, I never said anything was bad about it. I just find it strange, that the oldest known law, is REVENGE !!

Hard case, eh? I'll have to look at that math there and compare with the Bible accounts, and see how everything syncs up.

The question is, did the Sumerians come before the supposed start of the human race as recorded in the Bible? We first have to confirm the actual date BC (if it can be done) and then find out what basis the Sumerians are dated at the time they were if it is earlier.

You have any links on the Sumerians? I'll probably look it up in the next couple of days on my own anyway.

Christianity can be dated at least as far back as Moses, if we assume he wrote Genesis. Jesus was apparently prophesied in Genesis: "And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." Genesis 3, 14-15, KJV

One note about the pictures shown on that site: The whole human phylogeny thing is far from dependable. Neanderthals were quite possibly just humans. There has been evidence found that suggests Neanderthals interbred with humans, and according to evolution that makes them one species, provided the offspring were fertile. They've also found evidence of stone age technology that equals or even surpasses humans' at the time. They could've just been a really heavy boned race of human, look at some Eastern Europeans and Africans. That and the other supposed human ancestors are often worked whole cloth from small pieces of bone fragments, and archeologists are constantly throwing away once sensational finds of the ancestors of humankind as ape fossils.

For an interesting archive on the alternative side of the debate over evolution, as well as some fascinating biological information, try this site:

http://www.creationsafaris.com/crev200508.htm

Yes, it is completely Christian biased, but if you can handle that it's also very logical and fact based.

Jesus was prophsized to a T in Issah 53.....

Isaiah 53

1 Who has believed what we have heard? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? 2 For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or comeliness that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole, and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth. 8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people? 9 And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth. 10 Yet it was the will of the LORD to bruise him; he has put him to grief; when he makes himself an offering for sin, he shall see his offspring, he shall prolong his days; the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand; 11 he shall see the fruit of the travail of his soul and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous; and he shall bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore I will divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he poured out his soul to death, and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Oh yeah, and the laws of an "Eye for an Eye, and a Tooth for a Tooth" is not a commandment, as in "You MUST go and do this on your own when someone wrongs you". it's more or less a way to settle disputes in an orderly fashion. If two parties couldn't settle an issue between them and went to the authority, that was the thing to be done. If they did make up on their own without invoking the law, it didn't become a legal issue.

Jesus tells us to quit worrying about ourselves and to be the bigger person when it comes to such disputes, turn the other cheek. It isn't a commandment to allow yourself to become a victim, this is a slap in the face, not a beating or stabbing. Once things are over, do not hold on to the wrongs that the perpetrators have repented of (i.e. seek forgiveness for and have stopped actively doing).

phreakwars said:
Oh I never said ANYTHING about the "stereotype" devil, I am referring to worship. You don't seem to worship ANYTHING really, just proclaim who was the better God of the 2. Treating them more like the AFC .vs NFC. Which to me is more acceptable then bowing down before ANYBODY !!

that is true.... I bow before no man and pray to no god... I alone am master of my own fate... If I am poor, it is my fault... If I am lonely, it is my fault...

Your right... it is kinda like AFC vs NFC... I have seen and am totally aware of the rules on both sides.... Yahweh want you to never question him or anything he says... He wants you to bow to him and remain in the dark... I don't like those rules... They don't help me... Satan (Enki) has set the guidelines so I can suceed, not set them against me... And I actually find Satans general guidlines (notice not rules) to be ALOT more moral and even more effective with human relationship, and societal relationships...

I guess it really comes down to what you want... I didn't want to be powerless anymore... I wanted control over my future and education... so I settled on Satans guidlines.... But I still pray to no god! Satan or otherwise!

phreakwars said:
As for the "EYE FOR AN EYE" law, I never said anything was bad about it. I just find it strange, that the oldest known law, is REVENGE !!

That actually dates from the egyptian dynasties... Ptah had a son, Osirus... His wife was Isis... Osirus was killed in a dispute with Set, King of upper egypt... Isis collected Osiruses seed post mortem and gave birth to Horus immaculately <coincidense?>... Osirus was eventually 'fixed' except for a key organ <wink wink>... But Horus was really pissed about it, and went to set and fought him over it... Horus Lost his eye in the battle... He refused to get it back after set offers it and since then, revenge has been known by the phrase an eye for an eye....

Incidently, Horus's Eye garnishes our 1 dollar bill.... The pyramid with the eye on top is called the Trinachria... 'The Eye of Horus'

Watch symbols for a little more info

I agree about the avatar, but I didn't get it myself. The admins gave it to me without my knowledge....Good deal!

Psalm 22 is a good one as well. And Daniel gives an actual timeframe for His appearance. Jesus shows up alot in the Old Testament.

I really don't see God not wanting us to question what He says. He seems to write out the purpose behind many things with history...God didn't want the Israelites to have a human king; they wanted a human king anyways; he scared them, then let them have a human king; their human kings eventually became corrupt, etc.

The Old Testament Law itself is an example. Noone can perfectly follow the Law, therefore noone can be justified by the Law. Therefore, the Law is not useful for dealing with imperfect humans. This explains why God designed the loophole that allowed someone able to follow the Law perfectly to take our place and make up for our imperfections and allow us to squeak by the Law; which explains Jesus' purpose here on Earth. All this is described in Hebrews, of course.

First I tried to move this thread away from religion, now I'm the one perpetrating the religion. Shame on me.

A much of early science was man trying to understand the physical laws of God upon which the universe operated. If the universe was created by a rational mind, it can be understood rationally is the way I've heard it stated. I have yet to see direct evidence of God putting a damper on our scientific progress, so no proof of His displeasure in us doing that.

Why do people take something SO SIMPLE and turn it into ****.

1. Public school is for academic learning. Period. Reading, writing, math, social studies, art, technology and science. Chemistry, Biology, and Anthropology are all rigorous fact based sciences and evolution is firmly grounded by these core sciences.

2. Religious organizations, (i.e. churches) are for faith based religious studies. Want to learn intelligent design, go there.

Somebody please explain to me why this is so hard for the current crop of Right Wing Wackos to understand?