legalizing marijuana

The students of that movie were ment to be fine examples of their sterotypes, the young lady too seems to be a walking/typing sterotype a certainly a fine example of why we should abolish MTV. :)

(Yes that was ment to be a little mean but start making productive posts and you won't have suffer such scrutiny.)

whatever i love getting high and drinking. and i am not a stereotype. i do what i feel like no what other people want to do or say. i have my own opinions.

I said nothing against drinking of pot use. If you do have real opinions then start sharing them in their fullness, and back them up with logic and/or evidence or your opposition will chew you up. We are here to argue, statments are not arguments.

With rights comes responsibility. In order to legalize drug use our welfare state must also be dismantled and the extra prison space should be used to harshly punish crimes against person and property. At the very least receipients of government aid should be required to submit to tests for drug use. An adult should be able to do as he wishes..as long as he pays for it. A libertarian state grants personal freedom...it also demands personal responsibility.

So define the "adult" status.

In one breath you call for drug testing, and in the next you call for self-determination.

Make up your ****ing mind Hugo.

Will you please learn how to quote? It is the button in the lower right-hand side of the post. It just makes it easier to read. Thanks.

manicmonday said:
I wouldn't trust any thing anyone says on here as gosple. This is a site for GF, and **** stirring. So really what people say on here is 10% real and 90% inflation. Everyone is included in this.
I am well aware that the internet is a place for people to be who that wish to be rather than who they actually are, but I am just me. I have no persona here. The only difference between the me in real life and the me on here is the name and the opportunity to discuss topics that just don’t come up in everyday life. I am who I am.
manicmonday said:
So what I spelled Master's wrong? I have 100 other things going on beside this board.
You misspelled psychology. I also have a lot going on.
manicmonday said:
I didn't get my degrees on line. All 8+ years.
How many degrees do you have?
manicmonday said:
Yes perspective can be skewed. But I trust a therapist who has more years of experience in the real world than in the book world. I would hire some one with more experience than years of schooling.
Generally you must have the education before you can begin to get the experience, therefore, the years education is the same regardless of experience, so I would prefer the person with more experience with their education as well. However, I would prefer the person who is passionate about what they do and reads all of the latest studies to stay current, to the person with experience who is stuck in their ways and has no clue what the latest research is saying about their field.
manicmonday said:
Your right, not every one's experience is the same as mine. But where your wrong is my mind is very open to other people's experience.
As you have proven in this thread.
manicmonday said:
I'm also aware it's easy for people to shut their eyes to what they don't want to see, be it gangs, mental disorders, what have you.
I never shut my eyes to issues. I do the opposite. I research them exhaustively from as many perspectives as I can. Which is why I under stand your perspective, having dealt with gang violence, as well as you inability to realize that there are many people who don’t live anywhere near that sub-culture.
manicmonday said:
Those you can't really learn out of book, you have to learn from people's experience and perspective. I feel sorry for your "patients" if your looking straight from the books for the answers.
I disagree. Sometimes it is very helpful to read biographies of individuals who have been in that situation, rather than tracking people down and interviewing them. There are also many helpful studies by professionals in the field. There is a reason you must go to school to become a doctor. If every human had to relearn everything from scratch, it would take a lifetime to get where a student can get in four years. Books contain a massive amount of collective knowledge gained from other people’s experiences over hundreds, even thousands of years. Others failures and successes are right there for us to learn from. There are things found in books that you would never learn from experience. There are ideas others have thought of that you would never think of on your own. I read a great deal of books, but I integrate that knowledge gained in to the experiences I have. Obviously there are going to be things that you will learn in life that can’t be found in books, and in some cases experience is better. When learning a language, for instance, it is much better if you live in a culture where that language is spoken on a regular basis. You can not base your ideas solely on experience. In order to be a knowledgeable, well-rounded individual, you must integrate the two.

angie said:
Gotcha.
I have to say, though, that I have seen more people develop problems with alcohol than with marijuana. Alcohol seems to be the more addictive substance of the two. Then again, I know more people who drink than smoke, most likely due to the legal issue. Regardless, neither substance is good for you when used too much.

I absolutely agree, to my knowledge the health risks are varied and many with alcohol, I have just never heard of anyone dying of pot use.

I also wonder what the correlation between people who smoke pot and cigarettes, maybe everyone can comment on that. The health risks would be hard to track in that case. When I smoked pot I didn't smoke cigarettes, is this unusual? I would have to say its split about 50/50 with the people I have been around.

I don't know this but I have read that cigarettes companies add things to their cigs to make them more addictive and they end up being more harmful for you then pot is in its natural form.

I can only imagine that the same would happen if Pot was legalized.

I feel that when a person has an addiction, whatever it might be, pills, pot, cocaine drinking etc. that should be their problem to take care of. Everyone of you that has an insurance plan, has to pay more money to the insurance company because of your chemical dependency benefits. Whether you in fact use them or not. The insurance company incurs huge costs babysitting addicts and boozers and we all have to suffer for it. I for one resent the cost. Of course I'm not sympathetic because I've never been there...exactly I've never been there but I still pay extra for those that CHOOSE to go there...who have to be detoxed off of whatever substance they have stuck up their nose or in their vein, or pulled out of a bottle.

Lethalfind said:
I don't see a real difference in drinking and smoking pot, other then the legal issues.
Alcohol, in moderation, has health benefits including lower chance of heart attack.
Pot has no know health benefits.

One glass of wine, or even two or three, and you don't feel the effects. You have to drink in excess to get tipsy. The recommended amount of alcohol is one small glass of wine. (There is a big difference between Vodka and wine)

One puff of 'the magic dragon' and you immediately feel the effects. You can feel the effects fro second hand pot smoke. I've never heard of feeling drunk from second hand alcohol.

Lethalfind said:
I also wonder what the correlation between people who smoke pot and cigarettes, maybe everyone can comment on that. The health risks would be hard to track in that case. When I smoked pot I didn't smoke cigarettes, is this unusual? I would have to say its split about 50/50 with the people I have been around.
I'm just curious about your allergies... Are you as allergic to pot smoke as you are cigarette smoke?

Will you please learn how to quote? It is the button in the lower right-hand side of the post. It just makes it easier to read. Thanks.

I'm not here to make your life easier. If you can't read it, put it on ignore. Won't hurt my feelings.

How many degrees do you have?

Master of Psychology,
Master in Business Management
Cosmetology License
Massage Therapy License

I doubled majored both times, took 18 credit hours a semester and worked full time. I'm glad you made this about my education. What a nice distraction. I could use quote, but why when it irratates you.

manicmonday said:

I'm not here to make your life easier. If you can't read it, put it on ignore. Won't hurt my feelings.
It just makes you look technologically handicapped, not to mention schizophrenic.

manicmonday said:
I'm glad you made this about my education. What a nice distraction. I could use quote, but why when it irratates you.
I don’t really care about your made-up educational background. It was more of a sardonic question. You can’t pull a side comment out of a much larger post and say I’m using distraction. I have responded to every comment that you have made. It is you who keeps bringing the focus farther and farther from the point of the original post by ignoring my questions and comments that are related to the thread, as well as everyone else’s I might add.

ToriAllen said:
Alcohol, in moderation, has health benefits including lower chance of heart attack.
Pot has no know health benefits.

One glass of wine, or even two or three, and you don't feel the effects. You have to drink in excess to get tipsy. The recommended amount of alcohol is one small glass of wine. (There is a big difference between Vodka and wine)

One puff of 'the magic dragon' and you immediately feel the effects. You can feel the effects fro second hand pot smoke. I've never heard of feeling drunk from second hand alcohol.

I'm just curious about your allergies... Are you as allergic to pot smoke as you are cigarette smoke?

I'm not allergic, smoke in general makes me cough alot...pot smoke or cigarette smoke, campfire smoke etc.. I haven't smoked pot since before my daughter was born, I actually tried it once about a year ago but I couldn't take it because of the smoke. I have'nt always had asthma, it has only been a problem for me in the last 4-5 years.

I have been told by a doctor friend that pot helps alot in people who are nauseous from chemo for example and people who have glaucoma claim it helps their problem as well.

In fact you can get THC in prescription form, it doesn't feel the same because it goes into the system more slowly in the pill then it does in the form of being smoked.

Lethalfind said:
I'm not allergic, smoke in general makes me cough alot...pot smoke or cigarette smoke, campfire smoke etc.. I haven't smoked pot since before my daughter was born, I actually tried it once about a year ago but I couldn't take it because of the smoke. I have'nt always had asthma, it has only been a problem for me in the last 4-5 years.
I've heard of that. My friend didn't develope asthma until after she had her first child. I'm not sure what causes it though. I might have to look it up...

Lethalfind said:
I have been told by a doctor friend that pot helps alot in people who are nauseous from chemo for example and people who have glaucoma claim it helps their problem as well.

In fact you can get THC in prescription form, it doesn't feel the same because it goes into the system more slowly in the pill then it does in the form of being smoked.
Alcohol in moderation is beneficial to everyone. I

ToriAllen said:
I've heard of that. My friend didn't develope asthma until after she had her first child. I'm not sure what causes it though. I might have to look it up...

Alcohol in moderation is beneficial to everyone. I

ToriAllen said:

Alcohol in moderation is beneficial to everyone. I’ve mentioned the medical use of pot for several disorders, but that is different from a general health benefit. Pot can be used to treat specific disorders and medical conditions. Pot has medical benefits, where as alcohol has health benefits, which is why one needs a prescription and one doesn’t.

I was reading that drinking either beer or wine can help fight against certain types of kidney stones.

If Pot was legalized, there are ways to get it in your system other then by smoking. Builder gave me some nice recipes in fact.

I wasn't diagnosed with asthma until I was pregnant. I have heard that it can wax and wane throughout a persons life or in my case the surroundings in which you live. If I lived in a dryer climate, I probably wouldn't have to take medication at least thats what they tell me. HOWEVER, I'm not planning on moving.

Lethalfind said:
I absolutely agree, to my knowledge the health risks are varied and many with alcohol, I have just never heard of anyone dying of pot use.

I don't know this but I have read that cigarettes companies add things to their cigs to make them more addictive and they end up being more harmful for you then pot is in its natural form.

I can only imagine that the same would happen if Pot was legalized.

I feel that when a person has an addiction, whatever it might be, pills, pot, cocaine drinking etc. that should be their problem to take care of. Everyone of you that has an insurance plan, has to pay more money to the insurance company because of your chemical dependency benefits. Whether you in fact use them or not. The insurance company incurs huge costs babysitting addicts and boozers and we all have to suffer for it. I for one resent the cost. Of course I'm not sympathetic because I've never been there...exactly I've never been there but I still pay extra for those that CHOOSE to go there...who have to be detoxed off of whatever substance they have stuck up their nose or in their vein, or pulled out of a bottle.
You may not hear of anyone dying of pot smoking but if you've ever cleaned a pot pipe you got to wonder how much of that goo is in your lungs.

scout said:
You may not hear of anyone dying of pot smoking but if you've ever cleaned a pot pipe you got to wonder how much of that goo is in your lungs.

I have actually wondered that, years ago when I did smoke, I used a pipe.

scout said:
Give us a break Tori. I'm disappointed, I thought you were more intelligent than the drivel you've put out on this thread. You need to get out more without your nose in the air.
LOL. Seeing mind altering substances that kill brain cells and contribute to the decline of social order as pointless is stupid, I suppose. If I were more intelligent, I myself, would want to slowly kill myself with pointless addictions, and if I were really intelligent I would support the legalization of harsher drugs that lead to an increase in psychosis related crimes.

So, because I disagree with legalizing drugs I'm, what, a snob, or a prude? Just because you enjoy something doesn't make it good for you. There are studies in both areas. Don't believe me, look them up.
If the best you can do is say 'I expected more from you', then you have no argument at all. Your inability to control your impulses is not reason to abolish laws against them.

ToriAllen said:
LOL. Seeing mind altering substances that kill brain cells and contribute to the decline of social order as pointless is stupid, I suppose. If I were more intelligent, I myself, would want to slowly kill myself with pointless addictions, and if I were really intelligent I would support the legalization of harsher drugs that lead to an increase in psychosis related crimes.

So, because I disagree with legalizing drugs I'm, what, a snob, or a prude? Just because you enjoy something doesn't make it good for you. There are studies in both areas. Don't believe me, look them up.
If the best you can do is say 'I expected more from you', then you have no argument at all. Your inability to control your impulses is not reason to abolish laws against them.
Tori, you are saying that I do not have the right to do with own body as I see fit. By default you are saying that I am property of the state (or at least that part of me that likes to get high)... I disagree. I am property of no one except God and myself, and I will kindly do with my own self as I wish... regardless of any oppressive laws passed by man.

Back