legalizing marijuana

I don't care what other people do with their bodies as long as it doesn't effect me. HOWEVER when a person is doing something like taking illegal drugs it does effect other people.

lowered productivity at work
more health problems, that ulitmately raise insurance costs
driving under the influence

There is also the point that while some people might be able to handle smoking pot for instance and not have a problem at work, may not drive while under the influence etc, there are 10 people right behind you who can't handle something like pot and still be able to take care of themselves, who can't do it in moderation, who leave their responsibilities for others to pick up because they're too stoned.

My niece is one who can't handle it, she chain smokes pot, she drives while she is high, has alot of accidents, she has no memory, she is 20 and hasn't gotten through a complete semester of college yet. Her main thought in life is "where is my next joint." All this and its not legal, how much worse would it be if she didn't have to hide that she was smoking it, instead of just being high at times when she drives, she would be driving down the road smoking it, she would be walking around the mall smoking it.

Lethalfind said:
lowered productivity at work
more health problems, that ulitmately raise insurance costs
driving under the influence

If these are your criteria for "adversely effecting you" then you should also be for:

1) Outlawing snickers, cakes, little debbie snacks, cigarettes, alcohol, skydiving, martial arts, hunting, driving, cars, crossing the street at night, rock climbing, driving nails with hammers, walking in the rain, playing football, and a whole plethora of other activities that cause health problems that ultimately raise insurance costs.

2) Outlawing snack machines, talking to co workers, dentist vists, daydreaming, any type of play, because these all cause lowered productivity at work. Being ill should also be criminalized.

3) Driving under the influence... You think that every pot smoker drives? Should it be illegal to drive under the influence of potato chips as well?

Lethalfind said:
My niece is one who can't handle it, she chain smokes pot, she drives while she is high, has alot of accidents, she has no memory, she is 20 and hasn't gotten through a complete semester of college yet. Her main thought in life is "where is my next joint." All this and its not legal, how much worse would it be if she didn't have to hide that she was smoking it, instead of just being high at times when she drives, she would be driving down the road smoking it, she would be walking around the mall smoking it.

1) So, if pot was illegal, your niece's problems would disappear? Wait a minute, isn't it already illegal???? What to do, hummmmmmm????

2) Are you sure pot is her problem? Maybe she's just stupid, take away her pot and I bet she's still just as stupid.

3) If she is stupid because she smokes pot, or if she's stupid for some other reason, doesn't she still have the God given right to be stupid?

Oh ****! That's ****ing great MRIH!:D
I challenge anybody to refute anything he said!:D
ROTFLMAO

snafu said:
Oh ****! That's ****ing great MRIH!:D
I challenge anybody to refute anything he said!:D
ROTFLMAO

Don't even stop to draw breath, snaf~U, just keep sucking.

;)

Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell said:
Tori, you are saying that I do not have the right to do with own body as I see fit. By default you are saying that I am property of the state (or at least that part of me that likes to get high)... I disagree. I am property of no one except God and myself, and I will kindly do with my own self as I wish... regardless of any oppressive laws passed by man.
We have been through this before. It doesn

My niece wasn't stupid until she became a pothead. She did fine in classes, not a Rhodes schollar but she did fine, then she got to an age where doing drugs was all she cared about.
I have been praying that she will get arrested and end up in jail and have to withdraw from her drugs, not sure what else will stop her.

If Pot is made legal, then even that option is out...
She will NEVER quit and she will NEVER learn to take care of herself

builder said:
Both alcohol and tobacco are controlled substances, not legal at all. Merely decriminalised.

This is my returning post. I thought this would be a decent place to start.

You have a good point builder. I have never seen anyone become addicted to pot. Marijuana helps alot of people who are very sick.
Who does alcohol and tobacco help?

sixes said:
This is my returning post. I thought this would be a decent place to start.

You have a good point builder. I have never seen anyone become addicted to pot. Marijuana helps alot of people who are very sick.
Who does alcohol and tobacco help?

Line the pockets of the people who sell them...

Lethalfind said:
Line the pockets of the people who sell them...

Well yeah ,and If I were one of those people, I might have another view, But I'm sure it would be one of greed. Good point though.

builder said:
So define the "adult" status.

In one breath you call for drug testing, and in the next you call for self-determination.

Make up your ****ing mind Hugo.

Improve your reading skills. With rights comes responsibility. You should certainly not expect someone else to pay for your drug habit. I would prefer all welfare payments be totally eliminated. Then I could care less what drug people use.

hugo said:
Improve your reading skills. With rights comes responsibility. You should certainly not expect someone else to pay for your drug habit. I would prefer all welfare payments be totally eliminated. Then I could care less what drug people use.

Your plan has only the one flaw that I can see.

Crime will become so bad, that honest people will start popping caps in anyone who even looks like they are thirsty.

Try again, old fella.

builder said:
Your plan has only the one flaw that I can see.

Crime will become so bad, that honest people will start popping caps in anyone who even looks like they are thirsty.

Try again, old fella.

That is why I already suggested harsh punishment for crimes against property and person. Try following the thread, old feller. Of course your scenario did not occur after prohibition was repealed.

hugo said:
That is why I already suggested harsh punishment for crimes against property and person. Try following the thread, old feller. Of course your scenario did not occur after prohibition was repealed.

We trialled mandatory sentencing for property crime in the Northern Territory. It simply allows idiots and rednecks to clog the courts with meaningless cases.

Wasn't this the same argumanet the NAZI's used to round up jews and transfer them all to ghettos?
Isn’t that how you feel about Muslims?

When we start talking about rounding up and murdering all of the drug addicts, then you can compare this to the holocaust. Don’t be so dramatic.
Of course, Tori which was my point... if it ain't one thing it's another why pick on my vise?
Insurance was not my argument, it was Lethalfinds’, remember?
Oh, No! Not true... get hooked on little debbies snack cakes and you'll get fat, and then you won't care about anything but little debbies snacks and soon you will not be able to go to work (and help society, which is your duty because you have no rights except the right to be productive).
Oh yes, the ever addictive little Debbie snakes…As far as I know food is still a necessity of life, and again it requires moderation to be considered healthy. Pot does not compare.
Who said mind altering chemicals were counter-productive to your facsist ideals of a "productive society". (Even if they were, I maintain that all individuals have the right to not be productive if they so choose)
Every pothead I have ever known has been completely apathetic about work, school, and life in general. Anything that causes an idiot to ramble on about nothing, while believing they make perfect sense, is counter productive.
Tori, again, you have only conjecture with no proof that legalized drugs would cause more addicts or users by virtue of it's legality. While this may or may not be true, you assert it's validity with conviction (you even quantify it by saying drug will increase 10 fold) and I doubt it... so the burden of proof is in your court, prrove that legalization will increase drug use and show us where the "10 times" figure comes from.
Common sense is one of those things you can't explain to someone who has none.
There are always individuals in society who will follow the rules simply because they are there. They do not have the capability to judge something to be hazardous for themselves. Adolescents are a good example of a group of individuals with the inability to judge the consequences of their actions. Parents will have a hard time telling their children not to do drugs because they are harmful if the government condones drug use.
Thank You, I consider that a compliment, considering the source.;)
Yeah, you should take whatever you can get.
So you are a fascist! I knew it, fullauto will be proud when he reads this.
Only when it comes to stupidity…
Probably, but God gave them that right to be selfish and indulge their childish fantasies. Any laws denying them that right is oppressive.
Aren’t you the same person that wants to eradicate Islam? Don’t people have a right to worship what ever God they choose? After all, religion is a personal choice that doesn’t affect anyone but that person.

ToriAllen said:
Isn’t that how you feel about Muslims?
No, not really. That is a different topic, anyway.

ToriAllen said:
When we start talking about rounding up and murdering all of the drug addicts, then you can compare this to the holocaust. Don’t be so dramatic.
So it was ok for the jews to be a "little oppressed" but you draw the line at wholesale slaughter. Everyone has their limits, I suppose.

ToriAllen said:
Insurance was not my argument, it was Lethalfinds’, remember?
Then why did you jump in on her side? You took up her banner it a hot hurry!

ToriAllen said:
Oh yes, the ever addictive little Debbie snakes…As far as I know food is still a necessity of life, and again it requires moderation to be considered healthy. Pot does not compare.
little Debbie snack cakes are not addictive? Ask that 400 lb. obese co-worker, or any other over-eater.
little Debbie snack cakes are a neccessity of life? Well, maybe pot is too!

ToriAllen said:
Every pothead I have ever known has been completely apathetic about work, school, and life in general. Anything that causes an idiot to ramble on about nothing, while believing they make perfect sense, is counter productive.
I smoke pot every day, and am nowise apathetic about work or family. I am not sure what rambling on about something you can't comprehend is exactly, but I do know that certain concepts are outside the intellectual capacity of some.

ToriAllen said:
Common sense is one of those things you can't explain to someone who has none.
Common sense is not very common, is it. I am sure you can state many popular myths as true and infallible under the guise of common sense. I know many such popular myths that are actually false, yet people taut them as common sense.

1) Heavier objects fall faster than lighter objects. Aristotle even had a formula for the rate of descent based on weight.

2) A bullet peircing the hull of a pressurized cabin of an in flight aircraft will cause the cabin to explode.

3) Pot is worse than alcohol and cigarettes.

ToriAllen said:
There are always individuals in society who will follow the rules simply because they are there.
of course there are, tori... that doesn't nullify the oppressiveness of such laws.

ToriAllen said:
They do not have the capability to judge something to be hazardous for themselves.
So, I guess YOU are going to be their nanny, the government has the right to force its oppressive will on people who Tori believes can't judge for themselves?

ToriAllen said:
Adolescents are a good example of a group of individuals with the inability to judge the consequences of their actions.
1) Adolescents are smarter than you give them credit for.
2) Adolescents are already cover by a miriad of laws designed to protect them from themselves.

ToriAllen said:
Parents will have a hard time telling their children not to do drugs because they are harmful if the government condones drug use.
So parents need a law saying it is not okay to chew with your mouth open, so it will be easier for them to teach their children? What about parents who teach that sodomy is wrong? Should we bring back the sodomy laws? How about the misegeny laws? Tori, I am surprised at some of your very thoughtless arguments.

ToriAllen said:
Aren’t you the same person that wants to eradicate Islam? Don’t people have a right to worship what ever God they choose? After all, religion is a personal choice that doesn’t affect anyone but that person.
Yes, I want to eradicate islam.
Yes, people have the right to WORSHIP any way they see fit. (key word is worship, not join a gang of vile thugs whose charter is "strike the necks of the infidels until they either convert or are destroyed")

I would like to let you know that you know nothing. If they did legalize weed the government would regulate every aspect of the herb. If you really enjoy smoking and getting "high" you would much rather have it illegal. The quality of the weed would go up if it was government regulated, but it would be harder to get because just like alcohol there would be age requirements, taxes, regulations up the ying yang. The government would turn weed into a money maker by making independent dealing illegal. The economy would go down because everyone business exec would be to stoned to work. You would be paying $100 for a dub sack and you would be limited to how much you could buy.

Attachments

• b921a2d0444e1e3e5198cd7234534046.gif
    b921a2d0444e1e3e5198cd7234534046.gif
    42.8 KB · Views: 9
Back